Assistant Coach Vacancy

25 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Now the main insider on the other board basically just said Mike Roberts. So not Lewis. http://www.uncgspartans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32200&ATCLID=209255391

There's another IU board ?

Seriously.  Pump the breaks, folks.  I feel this will a big week in terms of answering our questions, in terms of the new assistant coach, as well as the official schedule for the upcoming season.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Seriously.  Pump the breaks, folks.  I feel this will a big week in terms of answering our questions, in terms of the new assistant coach, as well as the official schedule for the upcoming season.

Pump the breaks on speculation? 🤔

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

But I'm bored. Work just aint doing it for me today. 😎

Serious question - who do you got?  

candidate X (who's name hasn't been brought up yet) over any name mentioned in this thread. 
*I think I'm going with candidate X

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

But I'm bored. Work just aint doing it for me today. 😎

Serious question - who do you got?  

candidate X (who's name hasn't been brought up yet) over any name mentioned in this thread. 
*I think I'm going with candidate X

I will take candidate x as well please and thank you. 

Lewis_Michael_SideARM.jpg?width=1440&qua

14 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Pump the breaks on speculation? 🤔

OK.  Take the foot off the break.  Keep the speculation going.  I am a Micheal Lewis fan. FWIW. 

Michael.  Micheal !  Come back home. Screw L.A. It's loaded with millions of rats.  LOL

Love ya Andy.

Still feel we will have a grip on our questions, sometime this week. Particularly in terms of the official schedule. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

OK.  Take the foot off the break.  Keep the speculation going.  I am a Micheal Lewis fan. FWIW.  LOL

Love ya Andy.

Still feel we will have a grip on our questions, sometime this week. Particularly in terms of the official schedule. 

YES!

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If it's Mike Roberts that would be an enormous letdown.

Ok, why would this be a letdown? Indiana native, former player (three-time Academic All-Big Ten, Big Ten Sportsmanship Award winner in 2005 and a team captain)connections to Knight (for the older folks), 8 years of coaching experience (where teams haven gotten progressively better, which normally = good coaching, recruiting and player/program development), and as previously mentioned, seems extremely passionate about IU/Bloomington. Don't see many downsides if true.

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

YES!

Ok, why would this be a letdown? Indiana native, former player (three-time Academic All-Big Ten, Big Ten Sportsmanship Award winner in 2005 and a team captain)connections to Knight (for the older folks), 8 years of coaching experience (where teams haven gotten progressively better, which normally = good coaching, recruiting and player/program development), and as previously mentioned, seems extremely passionate about IU/Bloomington. Don't see many downsides if true.

Worked under RMK at TT for a year and I am not going to act like I know who is a great hire and who isn't when it comes to assistant coaches.

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

YES!

Only down side I see. Would be a huge buy out of a recently signed contract.  Other than that, Andy. I am with you. Makes perfect sense to me.

Plus... now that Michael has had time to settle in L.A..... he may have changed his mind about UCLA, due to this :

Rat Population Keeps Growing in Los Angeles 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Worked under RMK at TT for a year and I am not going to act like I know who is a great hire and who isn't when it comes to assistant coaches.

Would it not be great, though.  Having both Michael and the General in Assembly Hall for games this upcoming season ?

Keep the speculation coming Hoosier Sports Nation.  I apologize for pumping the breaks earlier in this thread.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Only down side I see. Would be a huge buy out of a recently signed contract.  Other than that, Andy. I am with you. Makes perfect sense to me.

Plus... now that Michael has had time to settle in L.A..... he may have changed his mind about UCLA, due to this :

Really? What does an assistant coach at UNCG pull in?

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Would it not be great, though.  Having both Michael and the General in Assembly Hall for games this upcoming season ?

Keep the speculation coming Hoosier Sports Nation.  I apologize for pumping the breaks earlier in this thread.

I don’t want Michael Lewis.  There are reasons that will leave off the board.  

My bet is on Delaney or Roberts.  

11 minutes ago, hoosierhoosier said:

Really? What does an assistant coach at UNCG pull in?

Huh ? I have not checked his contract. However, I was talking about Michael Lewis. Who is now an assistant at UCLA.   Not the other guy.  FYI, Kentucky has an assistant who gets paid $900K per year. Hey, no problem. As I have gotten confused in the past as well.

19 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

YES!

That's 8 years at UNCG I believe. He's been coaching longer than that. 

5 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

I don’t want Michael Lewis.  There are reasons that will leave off the board.  

My bet is on Delaney or Roberts.  

Hey.  I threw Michael's name out. As this thread turned into a speculation thread.

You have thrown out two names as well.  HSN thanks you for that as well.

13 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

That's 8 years at UNCG I believe. He's been coaching longer than that. 

You are correct. Was at TT as grad assistant then Cal, then Rice. So like 13 years give or take a year. Really, I think this would be a good get. But what do I know? 

31 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Could be wrong but pretty sure that the quote you are quoting here (from OGIUAndy) is a reference to Mike Roberts, not Michael Lewis.

4 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Could be wrong but pretty sure that the quote you are quoting here (from OGIUAndy) is a reference to Mike Roberts, not Michael Lewis.

Call me confused.  No matter.  Everybody follow with me.

HOOSIER SPORTS NATION. Is Great !

Hoosier Sports Nation.  IS GREAT !

HOOSIER SPORTS NATION. IS GREAT !

19 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

You are correct. Was at TT as grad assistant then Cal, then Rice. So like 13 years give or take a year. Really, I think this would be a good get. But what do I know? 

I think so too. Any time you poach another D-I program's top assistant you're probably making a good hire. The IU connections are gravy after that.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Adams is a great guess.  I heard from 2 different people within 20 minutes of each other so i assume they both had the same source. Their info is that the next hire is coming out of retirement . (NOT RMK)  Maybe a load of crap but passing along what i heard in last hour. 

Larry Brown???

Archived