Assistant Coach Vacancy

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We can't assume guilt by association if so then you could say Crean was dirty casue KJ was on his staff and CAM is because he was with Sean. I am sure that if he is the next assistant coach then due diligence has taken place. 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/10/18/kenny-johnson-greg-postel-louisville-basketball-scandal/766893001/

he was suspended by UL when everything went down and was the lead recruiter for Brian Bowen so it better not be him.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine it's going to be Kenny Johnson. Brian Bowen's Dad said Kenny gave him $1,600 for rent. 

Of course, innocent to proven guilty and this looks to be a 'he said, he said'. But the NCAA just resumed their investigation into this matter - the timing seems off. I just can't imagine an always cautious IU would give CAM the green light on this one. 

And didn't somebody say a week ago that Kenny, while a great recruiter, was pretty weak on game planning? (Not that i'm acting like I know what role CAM needs to be filled)

Honestly not so sure that Johnson would be my choice for several reasons, but Archie's the chief and he's the guy with the most at stake.

From a completely hypothetical & cynical standpoint, maybe the thinnking is that nothing has happened to KJ, UL, or pretty much any school involved in borderline (or over the line) activities so you gotta do certain things to compete at the top.  I certainly hope and doubt this is the thinking.

12 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Honestly not so sure that Johnson would be my choice for several reasons, but Archie's the chief and he's the guy with the most at stake.

From a completely hypothetical & cynical standpoint, maybe the thinnking is that nothing has happened to KJ, UL, or pretty much any school involved in borderline (or over the line) activities so you gotta do certain things to compete at the top.  I certainly hope and doubt this is the thinking.

Well from a legal standpoint he was cleared of all charges and the NCAA didn’t do anything with him so I’m guessing that they found he was acting under the orders of Pitino.

16 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

😂...Kenny Johnson is just a troll job...don't get sucked in.

Not a troll job. He 100% fits the clues given by Rabby on Peegs and all the vetting the University would need to do would explain why the process has taken so long. That was my guess when another poster asked for guesses and I’m sticking to it.

Just now, DC2345 said:

Not a troll job. He 100% fits the clues given by Rabby on Peegs and all the vetting the University would need to do would explain why the process has taken so long. That was my guess when another poster asked for guesses and I’m sticking to it.

Did he say it was clues or what he thought  IU is going to  be looking for in a coach,

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Did he say it was clues or what he thought  IU is going to  be looking for in a coach,

I added it to the bottom of the first post I mentioned Kenny Johnson in but they are

1) connected to AAU programs 

2) has IU ties

3) several years of college basketball coaching experience

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I added it to the bottom of the first post I mentioned Kenny Johnson in but they are

1) connected to AAU programs 

2) has IU ties

3) several years of college basketball coaching experience

I know what you posted but you act like that is what IU is really doing but it could just be what Rabby thought they would be looking at.

12 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I would be absolutely shocked if it's Kenny Johnson.  I really thought you were joking.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know what you posted but you act like that is what IU is really doing but it could just be what Rabby thought they would be looking at.

I don’t think so. I believe he said those are the clues for who this hire is. Whoever it is I’ve read is a done deal with the paperwork already done or close to done. Rabby just isn’t leaking the name.

I am going to say it.  I will be disappointed if it is Kenny Johnson.  Not only is he tainted, but he was a big recruiter for us when we brought in some guys who were in trouble alot.  That makes you think he cannot identify high character guys in recruiting --or does not care about it in favor of talent-- and/or he does not properly mentor kids on campus to ensure they stay out of trouble.  

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I don’t think so. I believe he said those are the clues for who this hire is. Whoever it is I’ve read is a done deal with the paperwork already done or close to done. Rabby just isn’t leaking the name.

How would Rabby already know who the hire

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am going to say it.  I will be disappointed if it is Kenny Johnson.  Not only is he tainted, but he was a big recruiter for us when we brought in some guys who were in trouble alot.  That makes you think he cannot identify high character guys in recruiting --or does not care about it in favor of talent-- and/or he does not properly mentor kids on campus to ensure they stay out of trouble.  

I would bet a huge amount of money that it is not Kenny Johnson

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

If he knows, I am not sure I understand why he wouldn't "leak it"? Like who cares if you leak an assistant coach hire. 

Archived