Assistant Coach Vacancy

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How would Rabby already know who the hire

People talk. Rabby hears a lot but doesn’t always say it in advance especially with recruits for example like when he leaked the Yogi announcement. Other people do too. How do you think Coach SS hears the things he does. People like to talk. 

If I had to put a guess down I am going with Micheal Lewis.  Maybe the reason it took so long was that since he was just hired at UCLA it took some negotiating to get him out of his contract.   I have no clue if this is what will happen just a guess but he does meet all of those criteria's.

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

You have to pay to get these quality vague hints. If you want actual information, you need to wait and find out on Twitter with everyone else.

True. I always forget about the premium account stuff. Because this isn't the same as a player who wants his time in the sun, this is an assistant coach. 

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Doing that would put him at risk of getting on the bad side of the coaching staff or university.

Yeah, I think it's more about giving tidbits to paid customers. Not sure if leaking an assistant coach hire is Area 51 stuff. These guys put in Chrystal Ball picks right before announcements which is basically a leak. If the contract has been signed, not sure why Archie would care one way or another if some super fans find out who the next assistant coach is. It's not earth shattering news. 

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Doing that would put him at risk of getting on the bad side of the coaching staff or university.

But isn't it his job to find out this stuff? Reporters are supposed to be somewhat adversarial to who they are covering. I really don't know why subscribers pay him anything if he never reveals what he actually knows.

In functional media markets, reporters will say "So and so will be the next IUBB assistant coach" regardless of who gets upset. The most glaring example is all of the NBA reporters knowing who is going where and for how much before free agency has officially begun (and by default revealing tampering violations).

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But isn't it his job to find out this stuff? Reporters are supposed to be somewhat adversarial to who they are covering. I really don't know why subscribers pay him anything if he never reveals what he actually knows.

In functional media markets, reporters will say "So and so will be the next IUBB assistant coach" regardless of who gets upset. The most glaring example is all of the NBA reporters knowing who is going where and for how much before free agency has officially begun (and by default revealing tampering violations).

Sure until you stop getting fed info. He leaks things when the time is right or when he’s told that he can. Obviously that hasn’t happened.

Just now, DC2345 said:

Sure until you stop getting fed info. He leaks things when the time is right or when he’s told that he can. Obviously that hasn’t happened.

Then he is worthless and just functions as PR for the Athletic Department.

Are you really saying his only sources are from inside the program and those sources always coordinate when to tell him things and when he can release them to maximize IUBB PR? If so, that is a pretty damning assessment of his abilities as a reporter. 

That is the very worst of "homer" sports coverage. 

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Kenny Johnson. Based on the clues from Rabby. This also explains why things took so long because of all the background work that would need to be done.

For those that don’t know I believe the clues where: 

AAU ties to some big programs

IU ties

Been a college assistant for several years

Related image

36 minutes ago, Indykev said:

My guess Its Drew Adams. Ties to Indiana Elite(dad) played at Bloomington South. On Alfords and Craig Neals staff at Nen Mexico, now at Bradley.

Makes sense.  Also would require an extensive background check to make sure no shady bumper stickers or used laptops were involved... 😁😁😁

Archived