Charlie Hughes Classic this weekend

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Here is the list of coaching staffs that were scheduled to be in attendance.  Two programs that jump out as coming from some distance.

• Stanford - Presumably to watch Leal.  Interest seems to be genuine.
  • Nevada - Alford mining his home state.

https://www.charliehughesbasketball.com/colleges-attending.html

Only 5 Big Ten teams is shocking really. No U of M or Ohio St.

24 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Only 5 Big Ten teams is shocking really. No U of M or Ohio St.

Yeah.  Ohio State really surprised me.  Big Ten sleeping on this.  I also think it's interesting to see how many mid and low-majors from other parts of the country seem to be making Indiana a priority.  Not just from this turnout, but some of the scholarship offers I'm seeing.  Northeast, Southeast, Mid-Atlantic schools know there is some good ball played in our state and they love having those Indiana kids.  

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Here is the list of coaching staffs that were scheduled to be in attendance.  Two programs that jump out as coming from some distance.

• Stanford - Presumably to watch Leal.  Interest seems to be genuine.
  • Nevada - Alford mining his home state.

https://www.charliehughesbasketball.com/colleges-attending.html

Nah, Alford's just using the trip as a way to expense off a visit to mom and dad.

I love that they’ve put these high school team live recruiting periods in for colleges coaches, while AAU is great for giving kids exposure and allows coaches to see a lot of recruitable kids in one setting, a players high school team is a great way to see a kid in more of a team setting and scout more intangible type is aspects of their game. 

Archived