The Daily Hoosier appreciation

Many of our old time members recall when Hoosier Sports Nation was a spin off of John Decker's Hoosier Nation, on the old Scout platform.  HSN.01 was a great success.  And exploded in a very short time. Gathering thousands of members.  The growth was both good and bad.  With growth, the cost of maintaining HSN.01 grew exponentially.  That was the bad.  The good was when two other platforms took notice of our success in such a short period of time.  Both courted us to join with them.  The mods discussed, the future of HSN. And the decision was made to go with 247/CBS. It was a good partnership.  We got content, that we would never have been able to provide as an independent.

However. One day. That changed. As we got a message from 247 that they would not be renewing the contract that CC had worked so hard to establish with them.  We asked them why. And as far as I know. 247 never responded to us.

So... the mods at that time got together to discuss our future.  We all agreed that we did not want HSN to end.  And the decision was made to leave 247 before they dismissed us for good.  Hoosier Faithful , along with Colonial Crester were instrumental in establishing what is now today.  HSN 3.0.   Personally, can't thank them enough for their efforts, as HSN 3.0 is a big part of my life.

Anyway.  We lost the outside content when we left the 247/CBS network. 

AND then.  Along came TDH.  He discovered us.  We did not discover him.  Yet. We realized early on, that TDH was one, who could provide HSN 3.0 with the kind of content we lost, when we left 247/CBS.

The great thing.  Unlike the current residents over at 247/CBS.  TDH provides his content for all to read..... FREE of charge.  In total compliance of what our board is all about.

I hope I have not bored anyone about the history about Hoosier Sports Nation.  In reality. There is much, much more.  However, for now I will leave it here.  And give a mile high salute out to GG for starting this thread. 

As a mod, what I appreciate the most is that TDH makes himself a part.of this community.

Often times you see the "talent" write their stuff but act like they are too good to engage in back and forth conversation. 

TDH brings great writing to us, great information. But he also is a big part of the culture and activity on the board itself. 

46 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

As a mod, what I appreciate the most is that TDH makes himself a part.of this community.

Often times you see the "talent" write their stuff but act like they are too good to engage in back and forth conversation. 

TDH brings great writing to us, great information. But he also is a big part of the culture and activity on the board itself. 

Very well said and spot on.  I admire TDH for that quality aside from the writing, and info.

I just noticed this thread and it kind of embarrassed me and gave me chills at the same time.  You guys have no idea how bad I want this thing to work while also doing my best to be a good Dad and husband.  Your comments mean so much, and I feel like HSN has been a really valuable part of the growth of the site.  Mile and others embraced me when they didn't know me and had no reason to.  June was a record month across the board, and it is really thanks to people like you that have given me a chance in a VERY crowded and well established space.

What I love about HSN is that it is not beholden to subscribers.  A lot of the BS snark and nonsense that you see on the other sites is generally eliminated here.  Sure we are all passionate and disagree from time to time, and an occasional troll pops up here and there, but CC and the mods do a great job of maintaining civility here.

Archived