Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
Leathernecks

Weight loss motivation

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Hope everybody is having a good week! Here's how my week has been.

MVIMG_20190711_194752.jpg

IMG_20190708_113716.jpg

WTH?  No tofu?  Geez...

13 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'd rather go graze in my back yard!

Nothing wrong with dandelion greens!!!!!

On 7/8/2019 at 7:43 PM, Leathernecks said:

I always hear that meal prepping is one of the best ways to lose weight.  I'm going to try to start making some meals ahead.  I think just having some quick options available in the fridge would be a huge help.  

One thing that helps me with meal prep, and we meal prep for 2, is a crock pot or insta pot. Quick easy way took prep volume.  And it gets eaten because you dont want to waste it. 

One of my favorites in crock pot

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast 

1 jar of your preferred salsa

Can of crushed pineapple 14oz i believe 

Just dump it in and cook.  Serve over whatever you want like rice or baked potato or just as is.

• Like 1

Helped out by eating a lot last Sunday and ballooning my weight, down to 262.7 tonight.  Body fat is at 34.4%.

Had a pretty good week of eating healthy.  Had a cold, so I couldn't work out, but hopefully this coming week.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:50 PM, mrflynn03 said:

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/keto-low-carb-pizza-casserole-recipe-easy/

I would recommend adding a salad to add some freshness to the meal. 

I didn't get around to this.  I crocked a pork roast carnita style, fresh pico and guac.  Dad is eating lots of salad greens.  Not sure he's really in keto but he has lost 14 lbs in about 3 weeks now.  Mom, hasn't changed her ways.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I didn't get around to this.  I crocked a pork roast carnita style, fresh pico and guac.  Dad is eating lots of salad greens.  Not sure he's really in keto but he has lost 14 lbs in about 3 weeks now.  Mom, hasn't changed her ways.  

That's some pretty good work. When I went carb free years ago I saw some loss the first few weeks but nothing drastic but in week 4 or 5 it just started falling off. Have to stay with the keto or any carb free type of diet.

261.4 pounds

29.9% body fat

Not a ton of weight lost, but had a big dinner and lots of water. I was under 260 last night, so hopefully next week will be a bigger number. Overall though, feeling great about where things are headed!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 10:13 PM, Leathernecks said:

261.4 pounds

29.9% body fat

Not a ton of weight lost, but had a big dinner and lots of water. I was under 260 last night, so hopefully next week will be a bigger number. Overall though, feeling great about where things are headed!

Pounds didn't go on overnight.  They don't need to come off overnight.  Keep a steady trend in the right direction and you'll get there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Pounds didn't go on overnight.  They don't need to come off overnight.  Keep a steady trend in the right direction and you'll get there. 

I like that I can track my weight on the scale I bought. I do it each night before bed, so it shows the general trend. I can even get on the app and see a nice trend line going steadily down. As a science person, that makes it even more motivating. I don't want to ruin the graph!