2021 JR Konieczny to Notre Dame

Madison22

Averaged 24 ppg as a sophomore. 

Here's yet another terrific article by @The Daily Hoosier

I highly recommend watching the workout video at the bottom of the story.  The kid can shoot.

I'm not posting the video itself, and hope no one else does.  It's a click away on TDH's free site, and he more than deserves the traffic.  It would be nice if we show support for all he contributes here.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2021-names-to-know-jr-konieczny/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Averaged 24 ppg as a sophomore. 

Here's yet another terrific article by @The Daily Hoosier

I highly recommend watching the workout video at the bottom of the story.  The kid can shoot.

I'm not posting the video itself, and hope no one else does.  It's a click away on TDH's free site, and he more than deserves the traffic.  It would be nice if we show him some support for all he contributes here.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2021-names-to-know-jr-konieczny/

Thanks for sharing, and I really appreciate the sentiment too.  Really appreciate your support!

He can shoot from anywhere.  He has a mid range game that he uses when he couldn't get the 3.  I saw one step-back 3.  He also had some touch near the basket.  I think he will need to improve his handles and add some bulk and strength.  But he has good D1 potential.

2 hours ago, slojoe said:

He can shoot from anywhere.  He has a mid range game that he uses when he couldn't get the 3.  I saw one step-back 3.  He also had some touch near the basket.  I think he will need to improve his handles and add some bulk and strength.  But he has good D1 potential.

Multiple high d1 offers already.  Recruiting services are apparently sleeping on him

At six ft seven, with decent coordination/ mobility (and shooting), you’d hate to miss on him and watch him turn into Gordon Hayward, Jr.

I’ve been thinking a four man class that year but I wonder if we could sneak a fifth one through. It’d be a good problem to have but you might need five spots if enough of these guys are all in.

25 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

At six ft seven, with decent coordination/ mobility (and shooting), you’d hate to miss on him and watch him turn into Gordon Hayward, Jr.

I’ve been thinking a four man class that year but I wonder if we could sneak a fifth one through. It’d be a good problem to have but you might need five spots if enough of these guys are all in.

Or Steve Green.

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

His trainer is a former IU walk-on. So, hypothetically, that probably can’t hurt Indiana’s chances if he continues to develop and the interest is two-ways. 

I always appreciate your posts, Coach.

(He says to a guy with 1700 likes on only 275 comments). 

4 hours ago, CoachSS said:

His trainer is a former IU walk-on. So, hypothetically, that probably can’t hurt Indiana’s chances if he continues to develop and the interest is two-ways. 

I might have missed it in an article or something......but who's his trainer?? 🤔

His parents have done a very good job, of putting their kids with the right development coaches. JR has seen the right things since he was just a little kid.  He was always there on the floor working out hard with my Daughter's AAU squad  which was top 3 in the country at the time.  MBA practices under Rod Creech were always intense and 80% skill based.  I havent followed JR, but I hope we offer and he accepts 

7 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

His parents have done a very good job, of putting their kids with the right development coaches. JR has seen the right things since he was just a little kid.  He was always there on the floor working out hard with my Daughter's AAU squad  which was top 3 in the country at the time.  MBA practices under Rod Creech were always intense and 80% skill based.  I havent followed JR, but I hope we offer and he accepts 

It is going to be real interesting to see how IU handles this group of shooting guards/wings in 2021 -- Wesley, Goode, Konieczny.  And I believe ultimately they will have Leal and Galloway both in the class in front of them.  Just tons of talent in this state right now.

9 hours ago, Moyeneeded said:

His movement, shot and demeanor remind me of a very, very exceptional player from our state. Maybe not a fair comparison but I see it. Alot I like here. Very Bird-like.

Eh...if he's Bird-like, im not interested.  He might be able to play, but who cares??  He's not a freak athlete that the staff would have to teach how to play the game in the hopes of being a "diamond in the rough" or "nuthin to sumthin" story.....and THOSE are the kinda players IU is known for!!!!

Excuse me...just a sec...........wait, that coach isnt here any more???  The new guy likes high basketball IQ guys that know how to play??? Huh....well then......

I LOVE THIS KID!!!!!  This is the kinda player we desperatly need at IU!!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, ive watched a couple minute long workout video so my opinion means about squat.....but id rather have a team full of lesser athletic guys that can play the game rather than a team full for track stars that we have to teach.

10 hours ago, Moyeneeded said:

His movement, shot and demeanor remind me of a very, very exceptional player from our state. Maybe not a fair comparison but I see it. Alot I like here. Very Bird-like.

Dylan Windler could be a good comparison also,he’s not been doing to bad

Archived