2021 JR Konieczny to Notre Dame

Madison22

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

No inside info at all. But I  think he ends up at ND... Right in his back yard

Any other year I would be heartbroken but with the 2021 class...there are plenty of kids to go around. I think we will all land a few good ones. If we land Galloway and Leal and especially if we land Cross it would certainly lessen the blow as they kind of have similar traits. Definitely targeting Lander, Kaufman, and Furst in that class in that order but even still there are a good dozen kids that likely go D1.

4 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I hope you’re wrong because I think this kid is criminally under-ranked.  Ever since I saw Cheaney play in high school, I’ve thought the recruiting services don’t know what they’re looking at half the time. 

We are talking about a guy with length, the ability to slash, shoot and just generally score. He’s long and he’s agile.  Guys like this don’t grow on trees. I mean he looks like a young Mike Dunleavy, Jr or Hayward.  He is projectable as an NBA player as he gains strength. 

I would put him as a top 50 player, maybe higher. I’m glad Archie is on him. Hopefully that will click with the young man. 

We all know the 2021 class in Indiana is absurdly big time. But I don’t know that it has fully sunk in yet with the recruiting services as to how big time these guys can be individually and historical they can be collectively. 

36 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I hope you’re wrong because I think this kid is criminally under-ranked.  Ever since I saw Cheaney play in high school, I’ve thought the recruiting services don’t know what they’re looking at half the time. 

We are talking about a guy with length, the ability to slash, shoot and just generally score. He’s long and he’s agile.  Guys like this don’t grow on trees. I mean he looks like a young Mike Dunleavy, Jr or Hayward.  He is projectable as an NBA player as he gains strength. 

I would put him as a top 50 player, maybe higher. I’m glad Archie is on him. Hopefully that will click with the young man. 

We all know the 2021 class in Indiana is absurdly big time. But I don’t know that it has fully sunk in yet with the recruiting services as to how big time these guys can be individually and historical they can be collectively. 

Oh i hope we offer, and he commits to us.  Hes a good kid, good family.  From a personal standpoint I would rather see him at IU than any other kid.  

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wow...2021 recruit already committing? That’s s big deal. Good for Brey. Personally I like when all the Indiana schools do well...just better when IU is at the top.

I agree and I always thought it would be tough for any school to get him out of South Bend. 

1 hour ago, hoosier_exotics said:

His sister plays for valpo as well.  I cant imagine how proud Doug and Debbie are of their kids!  And both are right down the road from home

A little bummed we didn’t offer. Pretty sure both parwnts are PU alums but 2021 is a loaded class so we shall see. 

• Madison22 changed the title to 2021 JR Konieczny to Notre Dame
On 7/26/2019 at 6:26 PM, hoosier_exotics said:

Good call by you.  I really like this kid.  After the big two of Lander and Kaufman and then Furst, I’d rank this kid next.  I think he’s under-ranked and I like him considerably more than Wesley, Goode, and Pierce Thomas.  I like his length, agility, and skill level both slashing and shooting.  He’s a “scorer” more than just a shooter.  

The hometown pull by ND was too tough for us. Disappointed, but I guess it’s not shocking.  

57 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good call by you.  I really like this kid.  After the big two of Lander and Kaufman and then Furst, I’d rank this kid next.  I think he’s under-ranked and I like him considerably more than Wesley, Goode, and Pierce Thomas.  I like his length, agility, and skill level both slashing and shooting.  He’s a “scorer” more than just a shooter.  

The hometown pull by ND was too tough for us. Disappointed, but I guess it’s not shocking.  

I mentioned before, that my daughter was on his sisters AAU team.  We spent a lot of time playing on the ND campus, when he was just a little guy. It absolutely has to feel like home for him!

Also Demetrius Jackson was in the same AAU program,  he came back to scrimmage fairly often in the college off season.  So, I am sure JR has memories of what that meant to him as a real young player

12 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I mentioned before, that my daughter was on his sisters AAU team.  We spent a lot of time playing on the ND campus, when he was just a little guy. It absolutely has to feel like home for him!

Also Demetrius Jackson was in the same AAU program,  he came back to scrimmage fairly often in the college off season.  So, I am sure JR has memories of what that meant to him as a real young player

Great get for the Irish. Looking forward to seeing a lot of good things from this young man. He would look great in Candy Stripes but just glad he did not choose the Toiketmakers 

Archived