Way too early BIG power rankings

I don't venture to other boards and no clue on posting reputations but I can't imagine anyone having an issue with an upset IU basketball fan. We miss the NCAA tourney more than we make over the last decade. To me....just that one specific singular issue is absolutely pathetic. To keep it on track in terms of thread....no issue with an 8th place prediction. We have sooooooooo many unknowns. Which unfortunately for us seems to be more common than unique over the last 20 years. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link to the corrupt programs. Not surprising. Kansas would definitely earn honarable mention. Back to topic, MSU is definitely the favorite, but no team has that crunch time scorer. That is why I think the Big Ten is very open this coming season. A healthy IU team could definitely surprise everyone. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't venture to other boards and no clue on posting reputations but I can't imagine anyone having an issue with an upset IU basketball fan. We miss the NCAA tourney more than we make over the last decade. To me....just that one specific singular issue is absolutely pathetic. To keep it on track in terms of thread....no issue with an 8th place prediction. We have sooooooooo many unknowns. Which unfortunately for us seems to be more common than unique over the last 20 years. 

I guess the Big Ten is just too tough for Indiana now. Maybe we should join the Atlantic 10 conference.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

It's the off season.  Unlike one other board I check on.... at least we keep it lively here. Rather than going days, even weeks,  before the next post. 

Check here, and the Animal House as to WHO has started the most threads this off season.

And with that. I am done for a while.  I challenge  YOU  to keep it going. 

Well the recruiting page looks like a ghost town since there has been no post since Friday

44 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

I think being competitive in the Big Ten and making the NCAA is pretty realistic.

It is realistic but that is not what guys like you have as expectations.  If we did that every year and then you would move the  goal post if we did not compete for national championships.  If after two more years we are not competing or the conference and don't make the tournament I would agree with you about Archi.  It is just way to early to make any sort of judgement on him at this time.

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

the problem with this is that Archie has not had anything to do with past let downs so why are people keep putting everything on him.  He deserves time to see if he can meet our expectations before everyone jumps off the bandwagon.  Also if you do not go to other boards then you have no idea how bad some of the posters are on those boards.  This board is way better and way more tame than the other board I use to be part of.(rivals)

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

the problem with this is that Archie has not had anything to do with past let downs so why are people keep putting everything on him.  He deserves time to see if he can meet our expectations before everyone jumps off the bandwagon.  Also if you do not go to other boards then you have no idea how bad some of the posters are on those boards.  This board is way better and way more tame than the other board I use to be part of.(rivals)

Agree on all. Archie gets his time. Just tired of that being our phrase. Kudos to you for keeping up the good fight over there. Place has been a train wreck for years....almost a decade now. My last post over there was when some mod named SuperHoosier said to knock it off after I blasted Bill Lynch after a 50+ point loss to Purdue.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree on all. Archie gets his time. Just tired of that being our phrase. Kudos to you for keeping up the good fight over there. Place has been a train wreck for years....almost a decade now. My last post over there was when some mod named SuperHoosier said to knock it off after I blasted Bill Lynch after a 50+ point loss to Purdue.

I left for good after our loss at Iowa in Feb

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is realistic but that is not what guys like you have as expectations.  If we did that every year and then you would move the  goal post if we did not compete for national championships.  If after two more years we are not competing or the conference and don't make the tournament I would agree with you about Archi.  It is just way to early to make any sort of judgement on him at this time.

Expectations adjust over time.  Right now, I have lowered my expectations to just making the tournament.  That used to be a given but it has not happened 7 years out of the previous 10.  So while I used to want to be Top 3 in Conference and get to the Sweet 16 and then see where things went, now I just hope to get enough wins to get invited to the tournament.  If that starts to happen with any regularity, then I will increase expectations.

So my expectation would be to have a tournament team in year 3 for Miller.  I expect him to struggle to meet that expectation based on prior results and our roster.  Hopefully we have a season like Purdue last year where a team that appeared extremely pedestrian on paper, caught lightning in a bottle and did well.  But really that is what we are hanging our hopes on right now, guys doing things they have not really done consistently since they have been here, whether that be staying healthy, good shooting, taking care of the ball, hustling, etc.

I know this, if I were Miller after the past 2 years, I would be kind of weary of the third hand I have dealt right now.

18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Please don’t give Luk dong hater anything more to post about. There is a huge difference between having civil discussion about possible disappointment with something and then there is dong post that are clearly ridiculous. Honestly it isn’t very hard to tell the difference. 

42 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Sorry for the outrageously long post.... 

Every year I comb through some contacts, spend a lot of time on KenPom and go back through my own head...

I'm sure I'll feel differently in a few weeks than when I first emailed this out to a few two weeks ago....

Also, don't expect all of the information to be 100% accurate since it's July. I usually update this before a trip to Vegas to get some future bets in.

Preamble: 
- This will, presumably, change significantly as summer wears on and there is clarity to some rosters. 
- The bottom looks incredibly bad. 
- I like the top 3 (especially MSU) and then a hodgepodge of programs from spots like 4-9 where almost anything can happen. 

Oddly enough, I know think I am overhyping Purdue (I did the opposite last year) and underplaying someone like Wisconsin or Michigan. I also don't trust Illinois a ton...

I just don't know what all to think really at this stage. 
Need to know what's up with Bohannon and a few others before I can say anything concretely. 

Two quick things I do know: 
1.) MSU will win the B1G easily
2.) The bottom two should be... OMG..... Bad.

BIG TEN 2019

#1 Michigan State- The Spartans, at full-strength, bring back almost every starter from being a #2 seed in the 2018-19 season. A pair of backcourt seniors lead the way with Winston and Langford. Anything less than a Big 10 Championship would be a major surprise.
Good: So many guys with experience come back. Winston, Langford, Ahrens, Henry, Brown, Tillman. And this doesn't include what could be expected strides from Loyer and Bingham. The pair of recruits in Hall (a wing/ stretch-4 type) and Watts (a quick little guard) could add further firepower.
 Bad: With Goins graduating (he was a hawk on defense) and Ward unexpectedly deciding to turn professional, Michigan State doesn't have a lot of proven front court players after Tillman. The third freshman, Marble, is primed to be redshirted and Bingham, perhaps expectedly, barely played last year.
 Questions: Not a lot here. With Langford returning to the lineup after his foot injury, it will be up to the staff to determine what they want to do at the off-ball spots. Henry, Brown, Ahrens and even Hall will be battling each other for minutes because you figure Winston, Langford and Tillman are always in the game when it matters.
 What I think: I just really like their team. Lots of good options in a year where the Big Ten has a LOT of question marks. Hard to see anyone realistically challenging them for the Big Ten championship.

#2 Ohio State- Coach Chris Holtmann’s third season sees the Big Ten’s best recruiting class and three returning starters in Columbus.  Look for Ohio State to be a top-15 team, or better, if they can score from the perimeter.
Good: Both Wesson's return as do a host of others on top of an impressive recruiting haul. DJ Carton (PG), EJ Liddell and Alonzo Gaffney were all consensus-top-50 recruits and should improve the talent level tenfold. Players like Kyle Young and Justin Ahrens should be expected to take strides forward.
Bad: Keyshawn Woods was, by no means, a great college player but he was a terrific defensive stalwart and he had the ability to play a little bully-ball and get to the rim. Who is going to step into this kind of role? Can Andre Wesson show more consistency or will he continue to be a maddening prospect?
Questions:  Is there enough three-point shooting for a team that finished 184th nationally last year from deep? Is Carton ready to play the 30 minutes per game with the graduation of CJ Jackson? Without an incoming big man who is ready (rookie Ibrahaim Diallo is a redshirt candidate), is there enough in the post behind Wesson should he continue to be plagued by fouls + conditioning?
What I think: I'm very high on their coaching staff and their recruits. While some of the "other" guys who return don't really do it for me I think there is enough there to warrant a top-2 or top-3 finish in a league that should be very, very down compared to last season.

#3 Maryland- Maryland was the youngest team in the Big Ten this past year and a buzzer-beater defeat from a surprise Sweet 16 appearance. The loss of Fernando will weigh heavy on the Terps’ ability to score inside. The staff will be hoping Makhi Mitchell or improving sophomore Jalen Smith can keep the balance.
Good: While Cowan has his detractors, he is a solid, solid Big Ten PG who has the ability to score in a variety of ways. To-be sophomores Aaron Wiggins and Eric Ayala shot the ball incredibly well last season while Darryl Morsell and Serrell Smith offered a little more inside the arc from the guard positions. Ricky Lindo will be given more opportunities and the belief is that Jalen Smith, a former 5* recruit, will be ready to take on a huge, huge load for Mark Turgeon.
Bad: Fernando was a load who gave a lot of teams problems inside with his old-school bruising and force. Jalen Smith fashions himself as more of a face-up "4" type who can score inside and out. With Ivan Bender also leaving, the Terps could have some questions at the "5" spot on the defensive end? Will freshman Makhi Mitchell be ready to play and offer minutes to protect Smith?
Questions: I think the bigger question here is exactly how does the coaching staff work with the role players? Given some small variance, Maryland has 4 off-ball types (Wiggins, Ayala, Smith, Morsell) who are basically the same player. And the measurements of two of the recruits (Philly-borns Donta Scott and Hakim Hart) only muddies the picture for a bunch of similar, similar types. Who will emerge here and how does the coaching staff keep the others happy while pushing for competition? The other question is what happens when Cowan has an off-night? Maryland had only two wins all season (against Belmont in the tourney and against a bad Nebraska team in a low-scoring game) when Cowan registered an offensive rating less than 80.
What I think: I don't think Turgeon did himself a service when he recently told reporters he thinks this Maryland team has enough talent to win the national championship. I think this team has some good parts and I think one of the wings will emerge. But, I am not crazy about their front-court depth and it doesn't look as if there is anyone to push Cowan. Basically, they will go as far as Cowan's play will let them. And, I think they are a top-half Big Ten team but not sure I see a ton beyond that. I think they can realistically finish 3rd or 4th in this version of the B1G.

#4 Purdue- This Big Ten lifer completely downplayed the ability of Edward and Cline to do enough this past year… But, the losses of Cline, Edwards and Eifert leave a LOT of holes on perimeter scoring with a pair of underwhelming recruiting classes. But, a very good coach and some interesting pieces in the front court and wings give Purdue a chance to be in the top-half yet again.
Good: Purdue returns Eastern, Wheeler and Haarms which made up the starting lineups from the non-guard spots. Trevion Williams, a busing post player, also returns. Jahaad Proctor, the leading scorer for a decent Furman team, transfers in for his final year of eligibility.
Bad: Edwards and Cline hit a combined 246 three-point shots. Eifert, with limited usage comparably, hit another 35 himself. How does Purdue go about making up for this with their cavalry of young, unproven or unknown guards?
Questions: Can Williams continue to shed enough weight to play sustainable minutes or will he continue to be a flash in the pan throughout his college career? Even with Williams and Haarms, how can Purdue get enough scoring from their front court? And how does Painter navigate so many similar-ish players?
What I think: Painter pulled a rabbit out of his hat last year after the Notre Dame game. Purdue gave up 88 in Indianapolis to a bad Notre Dame team and then won 11 out of 12 games en route to conference coach of the year honors. Freshman Brandon Newman has the look of a very good Big Ten guard and Proctor did well enough at Furman to suggest he can play in the Big Ten. Ultimately, players like Eric Hunter Jr., Sasha Stefanovic, Isaiah Thompson to go along with Newman and Proctor are all kind of the same sort of players. Not one of them is a true ball-handler and clearly some holes in their games from either the inability to shoot from deep (Hunter Jr), inexperience (Thompson, Newman) or a clear deficiency in athleticism (Stefanovic). I'm very interested to see what Painter can get out of this group. Not having Edwards' shot-making and play-making ability will really test him.

#5 Indiana- The Hoosiers will return arguably the Big Ten’s second-best PG to go along with a McDonald’s All-American in the post. A great start and a great end to last season were met with an almost-winless January and February. Indiana settling on a rotation and avoiding the injury bug will be key to a top-half Big Ten finish.
Good: With Joey Brunk's transfer to Indiana, the Hoosiers aren't short on post bodies and return one of the Big Ten's best point guards not named Cassius Winston.
Bad: This Indiana team has either major health concerns or unproven players at the non-PG/ Non-Post spots.  
Questions: Can Indiana settle on a rotation which was one of the major issues last year? Or will the staff keep tinkering with different lineups and not afford players to find a rhythm? How does Indiana manage only having 4.5 guards on the roster?
What I think: I expect Indiana to be improved because of a balanced scoring attack and a further understanding of the nuances of the Pack-Line defense. While the talent level, across the board, is better than Archie Miller's first two seasons they are still a few years away from competing for a conference crown. Given some of the many issues going around other Big Ten teams, the Hoosiers look like a program who could take steady strides throughout as their horde of younger players begin to gain more confidence and find meaningful repetitions throughout the winter months. An easier Big Ten schedule also means the Hoosiers could end up with a better placing than what is expected. 

#6 Illinois- The good? The Illini return almost their entire core. The bad? Outside of 13 days last February, this team was dreadful on both ends of the floor. Hope springs eternal with a solid backcourt tandem and a budding to-be-sophomore big man in Bezhanishivili.
Good: Trent Frazier, Ayo Dosunmu return as does Kipper Nichols and Georgie Bezhanishvili. There's a bit to like there from the backcourt and Georgie B. 
Bad: Illinois wasn't very good on offense or defense and in their last 8 games, they had 6 defeats with their only wins coming over a drowning Northwestern team.
Questions: Illinois' defensive efficiency was 11th last year in the conference out of 14. Can Underwood's pressure/ deny-adjacent style of havoc start to pay dividends or should ball-screens continue to gash the Illini defense? Which of the "other" Illinois players is going to take a leap? Between Damonte Williams, Alan Griffin and Tevian Jones the Illini need another wing-type to emerge to lighten the scoring load for Dosunmu. Can someone else in the front court, specifically Kofi Cockburn (the Illini's top-rated recruit), emerge enough to help and support Bezhanishvili?
What I think: This is a very tough team to figure. On one hand, you return the majority of guys who were 3-13 in conference play (minus the 4 wins during a magical 13-day run in February) who struggled to score and defend. On the other hand, you have a group of younger players who should emerge during a year where other programs have way, way, way bigger problems. I'm optimistic Illinois can be in the middle part of the conference. I'm still unsure if it's because of anything they are doing or the absolute carnage taking place at other programs in the league.

#7 Michigan- The loss of Matthews, Poole and Brazeikis hurts the Wolverine train. However, the biggest loss might be the program created by John Beilein, and Luke Yaklich’s defensive system.  With a sole incoming recruit, year one could be a tough one for new head coach Juwan Howard.  Michigan’s highly touted 2018 class, who were groomed last year, should have more of an impact as sophomores in the 2019-20 season. Top recruit Jalen Wilson, out of the Dallas metro area, pulled out and ended up at Kansas.
Good: Howard will be able to count on Simpson, Teske and Livers to offer Michigan leadership, IQ and a basic understanding of what it takes to win in the Big Ten.
Bad: So many unknowns on the wing. Brooks has shown better as a backup PG. Poole, Matthews and Brazdeikis played almost every, single meaningful minute off-ball and Wilson didn't end up coming. Livers, a powerfully built 6'7 old-school PF, can step out and shoot but he can't handle the ball and isn't known for getting to the rim. What wing options do they have?
Questions: Austin Davis got some time last year and Colin Castleton was highly recruited out of high school. Can Howard enforce a system with two Center's? Because those two sit behind Teske as it is now and Michigan has major concerns outside of their post and their PG position.
What I think: I think a tough year is coming unless they can magically find a lot of guys to score on the wing. Maybe it will be Brandon Johns' team to lead in scoring but he'll need a lot of refinement and improvement for that to be the case.

#8 Wisconsin- Graduations of Happ and Iverson take a huge hit on both ends for a thin, thin Badger roster. Recruiting has been nothing short of a nightmare and post scoring and wing play could have some serious questions next year.
Good: The Badgers return D’Mitrik Trice, Brad Davison, Nate Reuvers, Brevin Pritzl, Kobe King and Aleem Ford. In that, you have a group of guys who have seen Big Ten wars and gained valuable experience along the way. Reuvers has the potential to be the "next" budding big man star for the Badgers. The guard spots have competition for places so you figure whoever wins the minutes between Trice, Davison, Pritzl and King will have really earned them.
Bad: Happ leaving hurts on a variety of ways and Iverson was regularly tasked with guard the opponents' top wing player. For the second year in a row, the Badgers didn't sign a top-100 player according to 247 spots and a pair of freshman from the year before, Tai Strickland and Taylor Currie, both transferred. It's not reigning optimism in the post-Happ era in Madison.
Questions: Is there enough athleticism and scoring from the guard spots and wing spots to support Reuvers? King and Trice are the better athletes of the four backcourt options but is there enough play-making from the wing spots, specifically Aleem Ford to keep a defense from doubling on Reuvers and Trice every time?
What I think: Things can go a few different ways here. The Badgers' depth, which looks to be a HUGE concern, can really show itself and Gard goes to an incredibly hot seat. Or, Trice, Ford and Reuvers take the next steps and the Badgers push for a mid-conference finish. Ultimately, scoring and defense should both take hits and there isn't a lot of talent in the cupboard.

#9 Iowa- The Hawkeyes were supposed to return an awesome backcourt of Jordan Bohannon and Isaiah Moss. The backcourt, which has brought about countless wins over the past three years in Iowa City, looks like it may be gone. Moss bolted for his senior year to Kansas and now there is talk over Bohannong redshirting after needing surgery on his hip.  
Tyler Cook’s decision to turn pro furthers dampens Hawkeye expectation.
However, All-Big Ten freshman Joe Wieskamp returns as does the consistent Luka Garza. Coach Fran McCaffrey gets his second child into the lineup next year as the more ballyhooed of his two sons, Patrick McCaffrey, makes his debut for the Hawks.
Good: Wieskamp and Garza give the Hawkeyes a pair of stalwarts who will be counted on after another year of seasoning. Both McCaffrey boys may see time and Cordell Pemsl and Jack Nunge return after sitting out last season.
Bad: The backcourt, without Bohannon, immediately becomes one of the worst in the Big Ten. Wieskamp, both McCaffrey's and Nunge are off-ball types. Without Bohannon only one PG, freshman Joe Toussaint, is currently on the roster. Toussaint picked Iowa without any other power-6 offers.
Questions: With Cook leaving early and Nicholas Baer graduating, what does Iowa do at the PF position? Ryan Kreiner has been a solid backup but he hasn't ever been a guy who has shown real ability to play consistent minutes. Luka Garza held his own in the Big Ten last year but he also had Cook to help him. Is this a team prone to getting abused inside? And, my word, what do we make of their backcourt if Bohannon is out, as expected?
What I think: As has been the case for quite some time, questions continue to linger over Fran McCaffrey's ability to run a high-major program. He'll be entering his 10th season in Iowa City with three NCAA tournament wins to show for it. Losing Moss, a projected leader, before he enters his senior season is tough to explain to Hawkeye fans. I think this could easily be a bottom-half team.

#10 Penn State- The graduation of Reaves stings for a team who started 0-10 in Big Ten play. The decisions of Watkins and Stevens to return is a nice boost for a coach who is trying to get another year under a juicy Big Ten payroll.
Good: Lamar Stevens, Mike Watkins, John Harrar and Myles Dread give Penn State a solid core of players. With Stevens, you have a potential all-conference first-teamer which can go a long, long way to staying out of the Big Ten cellar.
Bad: Rasir Bolton had a terrific freshman season bolted. This can't be seen as a good thing. Josh Reaves' graduation, for a team already thin on talent an depth, only hurts that much more.
Questions: Are we so sure Mike Watkins will still be apart of this team? The off-season still affords a lot of time for trouble and his run-ins with the police have been well-detailed as he tries to stay above water under a no-tolerance/ last-strike set of rules.
Will Myles Dread take the next step or be just a 3-point shooter? Last year he hit 67 long-balls for a team that was 288th nationally (32%) in 3-PT percentage. Will he be able to add more to his game or just be a shooter for a team that needs more from the wing with the graduation of Reaves.
What I think: Penn State had a back-lightened Big Ten schedule which afforded them a chance to find some wins late in the season after starting conference play 2-12. But, Chambers has never struck many as a legit coach and the depth and talent remains a concern for a program spinning in neutral.

#11 Minnesota- Graduations of Jordan Murphy, an all-time Big Ten contributor, and Dupree McBrayer sting. But, the early-decision made by Amir Coffey may hurt almost as bad as Murphy. He was tasked with a number of roles last year and it is a huge, huge hit to Coach Richard Pitino as he enters a big, big season. Isaiah Washington's transfer to be closer to home coupled with the graduation of Brock Stull and Matz Stockman, mean a new-look Gopher team is on the horizon.
Good: Daniel Oturu, Eric Curry and Jarvis Omersa give the Gophers some good options in the post. Oturu logged a lot of Big Ten minutes during his maiden voyage and should be expected to be a major part of the Gophers. Curry, who has battled injuries, looked the part earlier in his career. If he can find that rhythm again and stay healthy, he can be a huge piece. To-be sophomore Gabe Kalscheur will be looking to take the next step which could put him in all-conference discussions.
Bad: The Gophers, simply, just lose so much production. Murphy, Coffey and McBrayer were on the floor almost every, single, meaningful minute together and Pitino hasn't recruited anywhere close to what many thought when the Minnesota Regents hired him years ago.
Questions: Who is Minnesota's Point Guard? What is their off-ball wing scoring look like outside of Kalscheur hitting deep, deep 3's?
What I think: Similar to Wisconsin in that there are offensive and talent concerns abound. The front court looks solid and Kalscheur could really take another leap and be something. But too many concerns behind Kalscheur in the backcourt and on the wing for me to think they are anything more than a bottom 4, bottom 5 type of team.

#12 Rutgers- The transfer of Omoruyi to Oregon was a late stunner and puts a major dent in what appeared to be a potential season of progress for Steve Pikiell.  Issa Thiam was released from the team after an ugly incident with females and weapons and post player Shaq Doorson graduated. While there is still plenty of returning talent, this no longer appears to be a team that will escape the bottom third. Initially, my goal for them was to avoid a Wednesday date in the Big Ten tournament. Now, it still looks likely.
Good: Geo Baker, Montez Mathis, Ron Harper Jr and Caleb McConnell all return to give Rutgers a pretty solid backcourt.
Myles Johnson, Shaq Carter return in some frontcourt spots.
Bad: Omoruyi's late decision to transfer can't be seen as a good sign at all for Pikiell and some of the momentum it seemed he was building towards. Rutgers' frontcourt is thin, unproven and heavier than it needs to be for some of the conference's more mobile post types.
Questions: With a new and reworked front court that won't draw double teams, can the Rutgers offense take the strides it needs to? Pikiell's offense last year for Rutgers jumped up to 151st nationally in efficiency after being 270th the year before. As Omoruyi found more ways to score it gave the guards some freedom to make plays. With Omoruyi and Doorson out, and Thiam's long-range ability at 6'10, what is the plan of attack besides to play some small-ball?
What I think: Ultimately, I can be talked into believing Rutgers will still take a few strides since I think there is some talent in their 1-3 spots. And, Harper Jr, a power-guard at 6'6, can be an interesting piece at the PF spot should Pikiell want to go small. That said, Rutgers needs to have a career year hitting 3's. They were 31.2% last year as a team which put them 312th in the country. And with a frontcourt projected to draw little defensive attention, Pikiell will be challenged yet again to try and keep Rutgers out of the Big Ten basement.

#13 Nebraska- Where to even begin? Graduations of Palmer, Watson, Copeland coupled with Isaiah Roby taking off early will be tough to deal with for new head coach Fred Hoiberg. Even a pair of reserves in Tanner Borchardt and Thomas Allen decided to skip town.
The roster has almost completely turned over as one player, Thor Thorbjarnsson, returns.
Good: Only way to go is up for Hoiberg.
Bad: Talent is low, new everything.
Questions: Everything
What I think: Should be a very, very bad team which is expected given the overhaul and the graduation of a trio of players who really, really did have good Big 10 careers.

#14 Northwestern- With three guys transferring immediately after the season ended, the Wildcats are down to 6 scholarship players. It is shaping up to be a challenging year in Evanston for Chris Collins, as the Wildcats are a long way from their 2017 NCAA Tournament appearance.  Northwestern lost the foundation of their team in Vic Law and Derek Pardon, and they don’t appear to have done enough to replace them.
Good: AJ Turner and Anthony Gaines give Collins a pair of backcourt weapons and athletes to build around. Pete Nance showed some promise in a limited display and Miller Kopp and top recruit Robbie Beran look like legit options at the 3 & 4 spots.
Bad: Jordan Ash, Barett Benson and Aaron Falzon were all to-be seniors that left. What on earth does that say about Collins' ability to keep kids if a trio of should-be seniors all leave town? Not good. Not good at all.
What I think: Collins looks like he'll have yet another bad season. With recruiting in the tank, the energy around him at an all-time low and Turner graduating, it could be his final foray around the conference.

Thank you for another top notch post. 

You saved me some time coach as I don't need to read the preseason mags or internet reviews of the B1G in basketball.

So there is good news and bad news for the Illini.  The good news is that everyone is back.  The bad news is that everyone is back.

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great article, Coach.  Very informative, and rational.  Thanks for sharing.

I second that.  I feel for Chris Collins.  I think he's a lot better coach than little Pitino, but he simply hasn't been able to get the horses at Northwestern.  I feel similarly for Pat Chambers at Penn State.  Agree, MSU will be a beast and Howard and Hoiberg will take some lumps as 1st year coaches.  I'm surprised that Hoiberg hasn't landed more transfer talent at Nebraska since that seems to be his thing.  Greg Gard doesn't seem to have much recruiting ability as a head coach.  Appears he was better recruiting for The Grinch.  Maryland can get all the talent in the world it seems but Turgeon routinely underperforms considering the talent on his rosters.  Kind of the opposite of a coach like Pat Chambers and Chris Collins.  Seems like there are a lot of coaches in the Big Ten that can either recruit or coach but not both.

On the rival, no one scares me more than Aaron Wheeler. Period.  I think he's a red shirt soph and I dread the possibility of facing him three more years. Hope he's good enough to leave early!

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Sorry for the outrageously long post.... 

Every year I comb through some contacts, spend a lot of time on KenPom and go back through my own head...

I'm sure I'll feel differently in a few weeks than when I first emailed this out to a few two weeks ago....

Also, don't expect all of the information to be 100% accurate since it's July. I usually update this before a trip to Vegas to get some future bets in.

Preamble: 
- This will, presumably, change significantly as summer wears on and there is clarity to some rosters. 
- The bottom looks incredibly bad. 
- I like the top 3 (especially MSU) and then a hodgepodge of programs from spots like 4-9 where almost anything can happen. 

Oddly enough, I know think I am overhyping Purdue (I did the opposite last year) and underplaying someone like Wisconsin or Michigan. I also don't trust Illinois a ton...

I just don't know what all to think really at this stage. 
Need to know what's up with Bohannon and a few others before I can say anything concretely. 

Two quick things I do know: 
1.) MSU will win the B1G easily
2.) The bottom two should be... OMG..... Bad.

BIG TEN 2019

#1 Michigan State- The Spartans, at full-strength, bring back almost every starter from being a #2 seed in the 2018-19 season. A pair of backcourt seniors lead the way with Winston and Langford. Anything less than a Big 10 Championship would be a major surprise.
Good: So many guys with experience come back. Winston, Langford, Ahrens, Henry, Brown, Tillman. And this doesn't include what could be expected strides from Loyer and Bingham. The pair of recruits in Hall (a wing/ stretch-4 type) and Watts (a quick little guard) could add further firepower.
 Bad: With Goins graduating (he was a hawk on defense) and Ward unexpectedly deciding to turn professional, Michigan State doesn't have a lot of proven front court players after Tillman. The third freshman, Marble, is primed to be redshirted and Bingham, perhaps expectedly, barely played last year.
 Questions: Not a lot here. With Langford returning to the lineup after his foot injury, it will be up to the staff to determine what they want to do at the off-ball spots. Henry, Brown, Ahrens and even Hall will be battling each other for minutes because you figure Winston, Langford and Tillman are always in the game when it matters.
 What I think: I just really like their team. Lots of good options in a year where the Big Ten has a LOT of question marks. Hard to see anyone realistically challenging them for the Big Ten championship.

#2 Ohio State- Coach Chris Holtmann’s third season sees the Big Ten’s best recruiting class and three returning starters in Columbus.  Look for Ohio State to be a top-15 team, or better, if they can score from the perimeter.
Good: Both Wesson's return as do a host of others on top of an impressive recruiting haul. DJ Carton (PG), EJ Liddell and Alonzo Gaffney were all consensus-top-50 recruits and should improve the talent level tenfold. Players like Kyle Young and Justin Ahrens should be expected to take strides forward.
Bad: Keyshawn Woods was, by no means, a great college player but he was a terrific defensive stalwart and he had the ability to play a little bully-ball and get to the rim. Who is going to step into this kind of role? Can Andre Wesson show more consistency or will he continue to be a maddening prospect?
Questions:  Is there enough three-point shooting for a team that finished 184th nationally last year from deep? Is Carton ready to play the 30 minutes per game with the graduation of CJ Jackson? Without an incoming big man who is ready (rookie Ibrahaim Diallo is a redshirt candidate), is there enough in the post behind Wesson should he continue to be plagued by fouls + conditioning?
What I think: I'm very high on their coaching staff and their recruits. While some of the "other" guys who return don't really do it for me I think there is enough there to warrant a top-2 or top-3 finish in a league that should be very, very down compared to last season.

#3 Maryland- Maryland was the youngest team in the Big Ten this past year and a buzzer-beater defeat from a surprise Sweet 16 appearance. The loss of Fernando will weigh heavy on the Terps’ ability to score inside. The staff will be hoping Makhi Mitchell or improving sophomore Jalen Smith can keep the balance.
Good: While Cowan has his detractors, he is a solid, solid Big Ten PG who has the ability to score in a variety of ways. To-be sophomores Aaron Wiggins and Eric Ayala shot the ball incredibly well last season while Darryl Morsell and Serrell Smith offered a little more inside the arc from the guard positions. Ricky Lindo will be given more opportunities and the belief is that Jalen Smith, a former 5* recruit, will be ready to take on a huge, huge load for Mark Turgeon.
Bad: Fernando was a load who gave a lot of teams problems inside with his old-school bruising and force. Jalen Smith fashions himself as more of a face-up "4" type who can score inside and out. With Ivan Bender also leaving, the Terps could have some questions at the "5" spot on the defensive end? Will freshman Makhi Mitchell be ready to play and offer minutes to protect Smith?
Questions: I think the bigger question here is exactly how does the coaching staff work with the role players? Given some small variance, Maryland has 4 off-ball types (Wiggins, Ayala, Smith, Morsell) who are basically the same player. And the measurements of two of the recruits (Philly-borns Donta Scott and Hakim Hart) only muddies the picture for a bunch of similar, similar types. Who will emerge here and how does the coaching staff keep the others happy while pushing for competition? The other question is what happens when Cowan has an off-night? Maryland had only two wins all season (against Belmont in the tourney and against a bad Nebraska team in a low-scoring game) when Cowan registered an offensive rating less than 80.
What I think: I don't think Turgeon did himself a service when he recently told reporters he thinks this Maryland team has enough talent to win the national championship. I think this team has some good parts and I think one of the wings will emerge. But, I am not crazy about their front-court depth and it doesn't look as if there is anyone to push Cowan. Basically, they will go as far as Cowan's play will let them. And, I think they are a top-half Big Ten team but not sure I see a ton beyond that. I think they can realistically finish 3rd or 4th in this version of the B1G.

#4 Purdue- This Big Ten lifer completely downplayed the ability of Edward and Cline to do enough this past year… But, the losses of Cline, Edwards and Eifert leave a LOT of holes on perimeter scoring with a pair of underwhelming recruiting classes. But, a very good coach and some interesting pieces in the front court and wings give Purdue a chance to be in the top-half yet again.
Good: Purdue returns Eastern, Wheeler and Haarms which made up the starting lineups from the non-guard spots. Trevion Williams, a busing post player, also returns. Jahaad Proctor, the leading scorer for a decent Furman team, transfers in for his final year of eligibility.
Bad: Edwards and Cline hit a combined 246 three-point shots. Eifert, with limited usage comparably, hit another 35 himself. How does Purdue go about making up for this with their cavalry of young, unproven or unknown guards?
Questions: Can Williams continue to shed enough weight to play sustainable minutes or will he continue to be a flash in the pan throughout his college career? Even with Williams and Haarms, how can Purdue get enough scoring from their front court? And how does Painter navigate so many similar-ish players?
What I think: Painter pulled a rabbit out of his hat last year after the Notre Dame game. Purdue gave up 88 in Indianapolis to a bad Notre Dame team and then won 11 out of 12 games en route to conference coach of the year honors. Freshman Brandon Newman has the look of a very good Big Ten guard and Proctor did well enough at Furman to suggest he can play in the Big Ten. Ultimately, players like Eric Hunter Jr., Sasha Stefanovic, Isaiah Thompson to go along with Newman and Proctor are all kind of the same sort of players. Not one of them is a true ball-handler and clearly some holes in their games from either the inability to shoot from deep (Hunter Jr), inexperience (Thompson, Newman) or a clear deficiency in athleticism (Stefanovic). I'm very interested to see what Painter can get out of this group. Not having Edwards' shot-making and play-making ability will really test him.

#5 Indiana- The Hoosiers will return arguably the Big Ten’s second-best PG to go along with a McDonald’s All-American in the post. A great start and a great end to last season were met with an almost-winless January and February. Indiana settling on a rotation and avoiding the injury bug will be key to a top-half Big Ten finish.
Good: With Joey Brunk's transfer to Indiana, the Hoosiers aren't short on post bodies and return one of the Big Ten's best point guards not named Cassius Winston.
Bad: This Indiana team has either major health concerns or unproven players at the non-PG/ Non-Post spots.  
Questions: Can Indiana settle on a rotation which was one of the major issues last year? Or will the staff keep tinkering with different lineups and not afford players to find a rhythm? How does Indiana manage only having 4.5 guards on the roster?
What I think: I expect Indiana to be improved because of a balanced scoring attack and a further understanding of the nuances of the Pack-Line defense. While the talent level, across the board, is better than Archie Miller's first two seasons they are still a few years away from competing for a conference crown. Given some of the many issues going around other Big Ten teams, the Hoosiers look like a program who could take steady strides throughout as their horde of younger players begin to gain more confidence and find meaningful repetitions throughout the winter months. An easier Big Ten schedule also means the Hoosiers could end up with a better placing than what is expected. 

#6 Illinois- The good? The Illini return almost their entire core. The bad? Outside of 13 days last February, this team was dreadful on both ends of the floor. Hope springs eternal with a solid backcourt tandem and a budding to-be-sophomore big man in Bezhanishivili.
Good: Trent Frazier, Ayo Dosunmu return as does Kipper Nichols and Georgie Bezhanishvili. There's a bit to like there from the backcourt and Georgie B. 
Bad: Illinois wasn't very good on offense or defense and in their last 8 games, they had 6 defeats with their only wins coming over a drowning Northwestern team.
Questions: Illinois' defensive efficiency was 11th last year in the conference out of 14. Can Underwood's pressure/ deny-adjacent style of havoc start to pay dividends or should ball-screens continue to gash the Illini defense? Which of the "other" Illinois players is going to take a leap? Between Damonte Williams, Alan Griffin and Tevian Jones the Illini need another wing-type to emerge to lighten the scoring load for Dosunmu. Can someone else in the front court, specifically Kofi Cockburn (the Illini's top-rated recruit), emerge enough to help and support Bezhanishvili?
What I think: This is a very tough team to figure. On one hand, you return the majority of guys who were 3-13 in conference play (minus the 4 wins during a magical 13-day run in February) who struggled to score and defend. On the other hand, you have a group of younger players who should emerge during a year where other programs have way, way, way bigger problems. I'm optimistic Illinois can be in the middle part of the conference. I'm still unsure if it's because of anything they are doing or the absolute carnage taking place at other programs in the league.

#7 Michigan- The loss of Matthews, Poole and Brazeikis hurts the Wolverine train. However, the biggest loss might be the program created by John Beilein, and Luke Yaklich’s defensive system.  With a sole incoming recruit, year one could be a tough one for new head coach Juwan Howard.  Michigan’s highly touted 2018 class, who were groomed last year, should have more of an impact as sophomores in the 2019-20 season. Top recruit Jalen Wilson, out of the Dallas metro area, pulled out and ended up at Kansas.
Good: Howard will be able to count on Simpson, Teske and Livers to offer Michigan leadership, IQ and a basic understanding of what it takes to win in the Big Ten.
Bad: So many unknowns on the wing. Brooks has shown better as a backup PG. Poole, Matthews and Brazdeikis played almost every, single meaningful minute off-ball and Wilson didn't end up coming. Livers, a powerfully built 6'7 old-school PF, can step out and shoot but he can't handle the ball and isn't known for getting to the rim. What wing options do they have?
Questions: Austin Davis got some time last year and Colin Castleton was highly recruited out of high school. Can Howard enforce a system with two Center's? Because those two sit behind Teske as it is now and Michigan has major concerns outside of their post and their PG position.
What I think: I think a tough year is coming unless they can magically find a lot of guys to score on the wing. Maybe it will be Brandon Johns' team to lead in scoring but he'll need a lot of refinement and improvement for that to be the case.

#8 Wisconsin- Graduations of Happ and Iverson take a huge hit on both ends for a thin, thin Badger roster. Recruiting has been nothing short of a nightmare and post scoring and wing play could have some serious questions next year.
Good: The Badgers return D’Mitrik Trice, Brad Davison, Nate Reuvers, Brevin Pritzl, Kobe King and Aleem Ford. In that, you have a group of guys who have seen Big Ten wars and gained valuable experience along the way. Reuvers has the potential to be the "next" budding big man star for the Badgers. The guard spots have competition for places so you figure whoever wins the minutes between Trice, Davison, Pritzl and King will have really earned them.
Bad: Happ leaving hurts on a variety of ways and Iverson was regularly tasked with guard the opponents' top wing player. For the second year in a row, the Badgers didn't sign a top-100 player according to 247 spots and a pair of freshman from the year before, Tai Strickland and Taylor Currie, both transferred. It's not reigning optimism in the post-Happ era in Madison.
Questions: Is there enough athleticism and scoring from the guard spots and wing spots to support Reuvers? King and Trice are the better athletes of the four backcourt options but is there enough play-making from the wing spots, specifically Aleem Ford to keep a defense from doubling on Reuvers and Trice every time?
What I think: Things can go a few different ways here. The Badgers' depth, which looks to be a HUGE concern, can really show itself and Gard goes to an incredibly hot seat. Or, Trice, Ford and Reuvers take the next steps and the Badgers push for a mid-conference finish. Ultimately, scoring and defense should both take hits and there isn't a lot of talent in the cupboard.

#9 Iowa- The Hawkeyes were supposed to return an awesome backcourt of Jordan Bohannon and Isaiah Moss. The backcourt, which has brought about countless wins over the past three years in Iowa City, looks like it may be gone. Moss bolted for his senior year to Kansas and now there is talk over Bohannong redshirting after needing surgery on his hip.  
Tyler Cook’s decision to turn pro furthers dampens Hawkeye expectation.
However, All-Big Ten freshman Joe Wieskamp returns as does the consistent Luka Garza. Coach Fran McCaffrey gets his second child into the lineup next year as the more ballyhooed of his two sons, Patrick McCaffrey, makes his debut for the Hawks.
Good: Wieskamp and Garza give the Hawkeyes a pair of stalwarts who will be counted on after another year of seasoning. Both McCaffrey boys may see time and Cordell Pemsl and Jack Nunge return after sitting out last season.
Bad: The backcourt, without Bohannon, immediately becomes one of the worst in the Big Ten. Wieskamp, both McCaffrey's and Nunge are off-ball types. Without Bohannon only one PG, freshman Joe Toussaint, is currently on the roster. Toussaint picked Iowa without any other power-6 offers.
Questions: With Cook leaving early and Nicholas Baer graduating, what does Iowa do at the PF position? Ryan Kreiner has been a solid backup but he hasn't ever been a guy who has shown real ability to play consistent minutes. Luka Garza held his own in the Big Ten last year but he also had Cook to help him. Is this a team prone to getting abused inside? And, my word, what do we make of their backcourt if Bohannon is out, as expected?
What I think: As has been the case for quite some time, questions continue to linger over Fran McCaffrey's ability to run a high-major program. He'll be entering his 10th season in Iowa City with three NCAA tournament wins to show for it. Losing Moss, a projected leader, before he enters his senior season is tough to explain to Hawkeye fans. I think this could easily be a bottom-half team.

#10 Penn State- The graduation of Reaves stings for a team who started 0-10 in Big Ten play. The decisions of Watkins and Stevens to return is a nice boost for a coach who is trying to get another year under a juicy Big Ten payroll.
Good: Lamar Stevens, Mike Watkins, John Harrar and Myles Dread give Penn State a solid core of players. With Stevens, you have a potential all-conference first-teamer which can go a long, long way to staying out of the Big Ten cellar.
Bad: Rasir Bolton had a terrific freshman season bolted. This can't be seen as a good thing. Josh Reaves' graduation, for a team already thin on talent an depth, only hurts that much more.
Questions: Are we so sure Mike Watkins will still be apart of this team? The off-season still affords a lot of time for trouble and his run-ins with the police have been well-detailed as he tries to stay above water under a no-tolerance/ last-strike set of rules.
Will Myles Dread take the next step or be just a 3-point shooter? Last year he hit 67 long-balls for a team that was 288th nationally (32%) in 3-PT percentage. Will he be able to add more to his game or just be a shooter for a team that needs more from the wing with the graduation of Reaves.
What I think: Penn State had a back-lightened Big Ten schedule which afforded them a chance to find some wins late in the season after starting conference play 2-12. But, Chambers has never struck many as a legit coach and the depth and talent remains a concern for a program spinning in neutral.

#11 Minnesota- Graduations of Jordan Murphy, an all-time Big Ten contributor, and Dupree McBrayer sting. But, the early-decision made by Amir Coffey may hurt almost as bad as Murphy. He was tasked with a number of roles last year and it is a huge, huge hit to Coach Richard Pitino as he enters a big, big season. Isaiah Washington's transfer to be closer to home coupled with the graduation of Brock Stull and Matz Stockman, mean a new-look Gopher team is on the horizon.
Good: Daniel Oturu, Eric Curry and Jarvis Omersa give the Gophers some good options in the post. Oturu logged a lot of Big Ten minutes during his maiden voyage and should be expected to be a major part of the Gophers. Curry, who has battled injuries, looked the part earlier in his career. If he can find that rhythm again and stay healthy, he can be a huge piece. To-be sophomore Gabe Kalscheur will be looking to take the next step which could put him in all-conference discussions.
Bad: The Gophers, simply, just lose so much production. Murphy, Coffey and McBrayer were on the floor almost every, single, meaningful minute together and Pitino hasn't recruited anywhere close to what many thought when the Minnesota Regents hired him years ago.
Questions: Who is Minnesota's Point Guard? What is their off-ball wing scoring look like outside of Kalscheur hitting deep, deep 3's?
What I think: Similar to Wisconsin in that there are offensive and talent concerns abound. The front court looks solid and Kalscheur could really take another leap and be something. But too many concerns behind Kalscheur in the backcourt and on the wing for me to think they are anything more than a bottom 4, bottom 5 type of team.

#12 Rutgers- The transfer of Omoruyi to Oregon was a late stunner and puts a major dent in what appeared to be a potential season of progress for Steve Pikiell.  Issa Thiam was released from the team after an ugly incident with females and weapons and post player Shaq Doorson graduated. While there is still plenty of returning talent, this no longer appears to be a team that will escape the bottom third. Initially, my goal for them was to avoid a Wednesday date in the Big Ten tournament. Now, it still looks likely.
Good: Geo Baker, Montez Mathis, Ron Harper Jr and Caleb McConnell all return to give Rutgers a pretty solid backcourt.
Myles Johnson, Shaq Carter return in some frontcourt spots.
Bad: Omoruyi's late decision to transfer can't be seen as a good sign at all for Pikiell and some of the momentum it seemed he was building towards. Rutgers' frontcourt is thin, unproven and heavier than it needs to be for some of the conference's more mobile post types.
Questions: With a new and reworked front court that won't draw double teams, can the Rutgers offense take the strides it needs to? Pikiell's offense last year for Rutgers jumped up to 151st nationally in efficiency after being 270th the year before. As Omoruyi found more ways to score it gave the guards some freedom to make plays. With Omoruyi and Doorson out, and Thiam's long-range ability at 6'10, what is the plan of attack besides to play some small-ball?
What I think: Ultimately, I can be talked into believing Rutgers will still take a few strides since I think there is some talent in their 1-3 spots. And, Harper Jr, a power-guard at 6'6, can be an interesting piece at the PF spot should Pikiell want to go small. That said, Rutgers needs to have a career year hitting 3's. They were 31.2% last year as a team which put them 312th in the country. And with a frontcourt projected to draw little defensive attention, Pikiell will be challenged yet again to try and keep Rutgers out of the Big Ten basement.

#13 Nebraska- Where to even begin? Graduations of Palmer, Watson, Copeland coupled with Isaiah Roby taking off early will be tough to deal with for new head coach Fred Hoiberg. Even a pair of reserves in Tanner Borchardt and Thomas Allen decided to skip town.
The roster has almost completely turned over as one player, Thor Thorbjarnsson, returns.
Good: Only way to go is up for Hoiberg.
Bad: Talent is low, new everything.
What I think: Should be a very, very bad team which is expected given the overhaul and the graduation of a trio of players who really, really did have good Big 10 careers.

#14 Northwestern- With three guys transferring immediately after the season ended, the Wildcats are down to 6 scholarship players. It is shaping up to be a challenging year in Evanston for Chris Collins, as the Wildcats are a long way from their 2017 NCAA Tournament appearance.  Northwestern lost the foundation of their team in Vic Law and Derek Pardon, and they don’t appear to have done enough to replace them.
Good: AJ Turner and Anthony Gaines give Collins a pair of backcourt weapons and athletes to build around. Pete Nance showed some promise in a limited display and Miller Kopp and top recruit Robbie Beran look like legit options at the 3 & 4 spots.
Bad: Jordan Ash, Barett Benson and Aaron Falzon were all to-be seniors that left. What on earth does that say about Collins' ability to keep kids if a trio of should-be seniors all leave town? Not good. Not good at all.
What I think: Collins looks like he'll have yet another bad season. With recruiting in the tank, the energy around him at an all-time low and Turner graduating, it could be his final foray around the conference.

Sounds like we should have hired Holtman.

8 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Sounds like we should have hired Holtman.

Would you just please leave because nobody on here wants to keep seeing your idiotic post.  All you are here for is to troll our fan base because it is obvious you are not a IU fan.

59 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I second that.  I feel for Chris Collins.  I think he's a lot better coach than little Pitino, but he simply hasn't been able to get the horses at Northwestern.  I feel similarly for Pat Chambers at Penn State.  Agree, MSU will be a beast and Howard and Hoiberg will take some lumps as 1st year coaches.  I'm surprised that Hoiberg hasn't landed more transfer talent at Nebraska since that seems to be his thing.  Greg Gard doesn't seem to have much recruiting ability as a head coach.  Appears he was better recruiting for The Grinch.  Maryland can get all the talent in the world it seems but Turgeon routinely underperforms considering the talent on his rosters.  Kind of the opposite of a coach like Pat Chambers and Chris Collins.  Seems like there are a lot of coaches in the Big Ten that can either recruit or coach but not both.

On the rival, no one scares me more than Aaron Wheeler. Period.  I think he's a red shirt soph and I dread the possibility of facing him three more years. Hope he's good enough to leave early!

Yep Wheeler has 3 more years left. I love his potential. 

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Would you just please leave because nobody on here wants to keep seeing your idiotic post.  All you are here for is to troll our fan base because it is obvious you are not a IU fan.

I'm beginning to think that 75% of Long Dong's motive for posting is to rile you up. Enjoy life a little more by just ignoring him. Just looking out for your health/stress level Scott! 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Sweet Jesus...this crap again...?  Holtmann is doing well, but the situation he walked into was quite different than what Archie started with.

You would have been dumb enough to fire Beilien too.

He has them rolling at a football school going into year 3.  We are YEARS away from where they are right now according to CoachSS. 

I'm sorry but that's a problem. 

5 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Come again?  I don't believe I worded it like that whatsoever. 

For clarity, Indiana and Ohio State had the exact same conference record last year at 8-12. I don't think that puts anywhere years away from the other. 

No?

I like Ohio State's squad a lot next year. Given how I expect 2020 to pan out for Indiana and the development, I think I'll like what IU has to offer quite a bit moving forward. 

Jerome Hunter. He was the missing piece last year.. what will we get from him this year. 🙏

9 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

He has them rolling at a football school going into year 3.  We are YEARS away from where they are right now according to CoachSS. 

I'm sorry but that's a problem. 

His team was 5.5 games worse last year than in his first year!?!?!?!

Archived