Way too early BIG power rankings

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

🤣 How has he failed us so many times since he has been here only two years.  You are so brain washed from your time at rivals that you can't think for yourself.  I guess coaches like Wright, Bennet and coach K would have lost you after two years as well.  Archie did quit well at a mid major and took them to an elite 8 so that proves he can coach.  also another year he took at team of 6 scholarship players and no one taller than 6'6 to the tournament as well.

Archie had one really good year at Dayton. That was the best Glass could do. How pathetic. 

We need Kentucky's AD.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

So you linked an article to back up your statement, that listed Zion Williamson as the 13th best player in the NCAA? (sorry, that was as far as I got, I'm not going to read any more). 

19 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Archie had one really good year at Dayton. That was the best Glass could do. How pathetic. 

We need Kentucky's AD.

Duk dong I agree. In fact let’s just shut down IU school all together I mean really is just a discrase to the state of Indiana all together don’t you think? 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Romeo was injured most of the year and while losing to ISU and Fort Wayne was  not good that was early on so I can forgive those games.  You need to look at things in the long view and not be so short sited.  Just go back to your home on rivals where more people will agree with your point of view.  I would bet Fepaugh needs to someone to kiss his back side over there and you use to do a good job of that.

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

We need Kentucky's AD.

I am sorry but fans like you are ruining the reputation of the once proud IU fan base because we would never want anything associated with UK sports.  If all you care is about winning at any cost then why don't you join the Rupp Rafters because you don't belong on here.  Seeing comments like this makes me realize how much our fans has regressed over the years and I am embarrassed by some of our fans reactions.  Archie had more than one good year at Dayton and tell us who was out their that was available that had a better resume.  All the national people rated Archie has the best hire of that off season.  If you would just pay attention and see that the coaches are not willing to leave their good cushy jobs to go to a fan base that has unrealistic expectations just look at UCLA.

45 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

We need Kentucky's AD.

Comments like this one destroy your credibility.  IU does not want to be like Kentucky in any way.

And, regardless of anything else, despite all of the talent he has brought it, Calipari has exactly one championship at UK .  That's a failure to meet expectations that even UK fans are noticing.

If you want to compare IU to a program like Villanova or Virginia and get mad about where we are at, no one would hold that against you.

But, to want to be like Kentucky is a strong hint that you are not really an IU fan at all.

I would not consider in 6 years at Dayton, winning in excess of 20 or more games in five of his  six years there, and taking Dayton to the NCAA in four of those six years, as being just one good year.  Yes. Going to the ELITE EIGHT was exceptional.  But Archie took Dayton to the NCAA in his last four years at D A Y T O N !

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Comments like this one destroy your credibility.  IU does not want to be like Kentucky in any way.

And, regardless of anything else, despite all of the talent he has brought it, Calipari has exactly one championship at UK .  That's a failure to meet expectations that even UK fans are noticing.

If you want to compare IU to a program like Villanova or Virginia and get mad about where we are at, no one would hold that against you.

But, to want to be like Kentucky is a strong hint that you are not really an IU fan at all.

Sure. Villanova, Virginia, IU Fort Wayne, they are all better too.

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

So you linked an article to back up your statement, that listed Zion Williamson as the 13th best player in the NCAA? (sorry, that was as far as I got, I'm not going to read any more). 

And Cassius Winston 22nd and Ja Morant 78th...

Here you go dbm...a little napkin for that egg on your face...

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am sorry but fans like you are ruining the reputation of the once proud IU fan base because we would never want anything associated with UK sports.  If all you care is about winning at any cost then why don't you join the Rupp Rafters because you don't belong on here.  Seeing comments like this makes me realize how much our fans has regressed over the years and I am embarrassed by some of our fans reactions.  Archie had more than one good year at Dayton and tell us who was out their that was available that had a better resume.  All the national people rated Archie has the best hire of that off season.  If you would just pay attention and see that the coaches are not willing to leave their good cushy jobs to go to a fan base that has unrealistic expectations just look at UCLA.

20-25 years of bad to mediocre basketball and miserable football will do that to a fan base. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I would not consider in 6 years at Dayton, winning in excess of 20 or more games in five of his  six years there, and taking Dayton to the NCAA in four of those six years, as being just one good year.  Yes. Going to the ELITE EIGHT was exceptional.  But Archie took Dayton to the NCAA in his last four years at D A Y T O N !

Long duk dong is just a hater and brings absolutely nothing to this board. I have yet to read one positive post from the guy. Can we please ban him. I’m tired of reading all his stupid absurd crap. 

On 7/5/2019 at 4:19 PM, milehiiu said:

Excellent breakdown.  Couple points: 

1.  Rasir Bolton is listed as a returnee for PSU.  He transferred out of the program, though, which is a major loss as last season's second-leading scorer (12 points; 36% behind the arc; 88% from the line).  Not having Bolton may validate moving PSU down at least a spot.

2.  OSU did lose Keyshawn Woods, but they gain transfer guard CJ Walker, who was not listed.  Walker started 34 of 35 games for an FSU team that made it to the Elite Eight.  As such, CJ Jackson is essentially OSU's sole loss. 

4 hours ago, fullerene said:

Excellent breakdown.  Couple points: 

1.  Rasir Bolton is listed as a returnee for PSU.  He transferred out of the program, though, which is a major loss as last season's second-leading scorer (12 points; 36% behind the arc; 88% from the line).  Not having Bolton may validate moving PSU down at least a spot.

2.  OSU did lose Keyshawn Woods, but they gain transfer guard CJ Walker, who was not listed.  Walker started 34 of 35 games for an FSU team that made it to the Elite Eight.  As such, CJ Jackson is essentially OSU's sole loss. 

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !

While a  169-128-4 record under Bill Mallory may not have compared to others in the BIG at the time. When one considers who he was competing against, personally I would not consider that playing miserable football. Especially when one considers Mallory took IU to SIX bowl games in his 13 years at IU.

Big mistake letting Mallory go, IMHO. 

I think Archie was a very good hire.  I am starting to have my concerns, but looking for a healthy season for him to prove his coaching ability.  I was totally wrong on Chris Holtmann.  I did not think he would be able to continue the OSU success, but kudos to him. Tony Bennett and Jay Wright seem like studs while the others seem like studs at cheating. It would be interesting to really know the inside scoop. At some point a tell-all book will be written. I am just very surprised at how well the cheating is kept secret. You would think some journalist would be able to get the inside scoop. Or, maybe there is no cheating and it simply is an easy excuse for fans like me to explain why our favorite team is not winning.

Just now, rico said:

Geez, can any thread stay on track?

It's the off season.  Unlike one other board I check on.... at least we keep it lively here. Rather than going days, even weeks,  before the next post. 

Check here, and the Animal House as to WHO has started the most threads this off season.

And with that. I am done for a while.  I challenge  YOU  to keep it going. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's the off season.  Unlike one other board I check on.... at least we keep it lively here. Rather than going days, even weeks,  before the next post. 

Check here, and the Animal House as to WHO has started the most threads this off season.

And with that. I am done for a while.  I challenge  YOU  to keep it going. 

Meh

23 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think being competitive in the Big Ten and making the NCAA is pretty realistic.

Archived