Ken burns documentaries

15 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

New show coming in August...Food that Built America..on The History channel..looks good,talks about Heniz, Hershey and KFC Sanders 

Sanders will be an interesting one..wonder if they will talk about the ties he had with Dave Thomas.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, Billingsley99 said:

You would have to think so. Ricopedia is where I learned that Dave came up with the red and white striped bucket 

Rico has his very own webpage? Full of knowledge? A place where mankind can go to for the answers to age old questions? A repository of human intelligence accumulated for thousands of years?

I'm cool with that. 

Edited by Officer Obie
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Officer Obie said:

Rico has his very own webpage? Full of knowledge? A place where mankind can go to for the answers to age old questions? A repository of human intelligence accumulated for thousands of years?

I'm cool with that.  😀

I for one not on;y subscribe to it and endorse it but also the President of the Ricopedia Fan Club!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I think it will bring some insight that a lot of people including me weren't aware of. 

There are a few movies out there that I have watched that touch on the subject.  "Voyage of the Damned" is one that comes to mind.  However, I was not really aware of the issue as a whole.  I will paying particular attention to FDR's "role" in the documentary.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, rico said:

Anyone watching this?  Thoughts?

Plan on getting to it this weekend when I have more time. 

I'm interested to see if they discuss the connection between eugenics in the United States and Hitlers final solution.  I think a lot of people would be surprised by Hitlers inspiration coming from US programs. 

13 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Plan on getting to it this weekend when I have more time. 

I'm interested to see if they discuss the connection between eugenics in the United States and Hitlers final solution.  I think a lot of people would be surprised by Hitlers inspiration coming from US programs. 

Elaborate.

25 minutes ago, rico said:

Elaborate.

https://indiana.pbslearningmedia.org/resource/amex32ec-soc-eugenicsnazi/american-eugenics-and-the-nazi-regime-the-eugenics-crusade/

September 2003 The Horrifying American Roots of Nazi Eugenics

Hitler also had some praise for how Native Americans were handled. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Honestly, this is news to me.  

Me too. I done some reading after the documentary was announced. 

I was familiar with eugenics but not the extent of it. Studied it in Genetics class in college but the scientific, not historical aspect of it. 

Edited by mrflynn03

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Just visited the River Raisin National Battlefield Park yesterday. This plaque really caught my eye!

image.thumb.jpeg.8b1ad199f6020d3fd7e83ebbe05c66af.jpeg

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...