Jerome Hunter

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s been in Btown, rehabbing with Garl, including a lot of on floor running and conditioning, and weight training in the afternoons. There hasn’t been any public update from the staff since June, when CAM basically said Hunter hasn’t been cleared but they were working with him through the summer and would know more in July or August. 

We’ll probably get an update later this month but or sometime in August. For now, I believe he’s on track to returning to practice with the team by end of summer or so — I don’t have that on first hand info, that’s just my take at this point.

If we do get Hunter back by the beginning of the season or so, that’s a major wild card. We need shooting, Hunter brings oustside shooting, length at 6’7 on the wing, and all around scoring. He is an NBA level talent.

16 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I saw him riding one of those bird scooters to Cook Hall the other day..seemed pretty healthy to me..🤷‍♂️

That's great news to hear. Thanks for the intel.  We know, per coach Miller that Jerome is working on coming back. Question is when.  Unfortunately, Jerome's situation is not injury related.  Not an injury at all. Rather, a condition.  I want to thank all the HSN members who sent Jerome prayers and thoughts while he was in Cleveland Clinic. It helped. But.... Don't stop now.

Jerome Hunter Undergoes Surgery for Lower Body Condition

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

With it coming up on a month since seeing anything on Jerome, is there any update to keep the hope alive for an on-time return this season?

At least there has not been anything out there that suggest he won't be back either

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i really think we need to temper the expectations for a guy who really hasn't had practice or conditioning for over a year and hasn't had the chance to really compete against college level opponents.  I hope he is all that everyone says.

That's fair, but it's also fair to consider that he won the gold jersey right before his injury, and his lost season was not a structural injury like an ACL or knee. He's not going to forget how to play ball, and if he is healthy, he'll come in after plenty of scrimmages and conditioning. 

17 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That's fair, but it's also fair to consider that he won the gold jersey right before his injury, and his lost season was not a structural injury like an ACL or knee. He's not going to forget how to play ball, and if he is healthy, he'll come in after plenty of scrimmages and conditioning. 

I know baseball is different but the Reds Scooter Gennett got hurt in March and just came back in July and right now he does not even look like the same player.  It will take any player in any sport some time to get back into the swing of things in a game setting.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I know baseball is different but the Reds Scooter Gennett got hurt in March and just came back in July and right now he does not even look like the same player.  It will take any player in any sport some time to get back into the swing of things in a game setting.

Baseball and basketball are really different in this regard. 

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s expected/expecting to play right away.  I’ve been told he will start 5 on 5 in September. He’s been playing in other places when coaches aren’t around....😊

Thank you for that intel. Short of any setbacks.... things are looking up.

Archived