Jerome Hunter

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ve said it multiple times, he’s a pro.  Think Romeo with a better outside shot and more emotion.(Not a knock on Romeo either.) Just remember Romeo also sent his dad a text telling him how good JH was/is.  It’s ok to be excited, I sure am. 

I like your optimism and hope you're right, but are you sure Hunter's got the comparable level of finishing ability around the rim as Langford had? Langford struggled at 3 pointers, but he was a superb offensive player inside the arc. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

I like your optimism and hope you're right, but are you sure Hunter's got the comparable level of finishing ability around the rim as Langford had? Langford struggled at 3 pointers, but he was a superb offensive player inside the arc. 

Good point, he isn’t as good as Romeo at the rim, but makes up for it in shooting.  JH is quicker than Romeo but not quite as smooth if that makes sense

If all goes well with Hunter, I think we are really going to lament being deprived the chance to see a healthy Phinisee with Romeo and Hunter on the wings.  We are talking about long, athletic wings and a top notch point guard.  

By the way, I can't imagine an IU fan criticizing Romeo.  This is a kid who could have gone anywhere and chose IU.  He's still engaged with IU even from Boston.  He did everything he could for IU.  He deserves our respect.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If all goes well with Hunter, I think we are really going to lament being deprived the chance to see a healthy Phinisee with Romeo and Hunter on the wings.  We are talking about long, athletic wings and a top notch point guard.  

By the way, I can't imagine an IU fan criticizing Romeo.  This is a kid who could have gone anywhere and chose IU.  He's still engaged with IU even from Boston.  He did everything he could for IU.  He deserves our respect.

Amen.

It just makes me boil to see adults on Facebook and Twitter bashing Romeo for going pro...and I'm not simply talking about people who think he left too early.  I'm talking about grown men calling a kid all sorts of nasty names because they are butthurt he left IU before these so-called adults thought he should. 

You got a 19-year-old kid playing for the Celtics with a 7-figure contract.  Who, besides Scott would really turn that down...?

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I don't do Twitter. I don't do Facebook.  Good for Romeo. 7 figures.  Still can't see how having OAD's builds a down program over time. 

...and that's fine to question. It probably helps more with recruiting than the floor, although I don't think you can say Romeo didn't contribute...just not as much as a good 4-year player would. I understand where you're coming from there.

This forum was much better than I saw on social media.  There, I saw words like lazy, punk, soft, bum, etc.  I'd expect that from UK and Turdue fans, but not supposed IU fans. That's disappointing. 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

...and that's fine to question. It probably helps more with recruiting than the floor, although I don't think you can say Romeo didn't contribute...just not nbn as much as a good 4zyear player would. I understand where you're coming from there.

This forum was much better than I saw on social media.  There, I saw words like lazy, punk, soft, bum, etc.  I'd expect that from UK and Turdue fans, but not supposed IU fans. That's disappointing. 

That’s beyond insulting. It’s flat out stupid and pathetic. 

11 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The reason for hope or expectation with Hunter is very well founded.

He was absolutely right there with Romeo in practices and scrimmages heading into last season. He was somewhat overshadowed in recruiting when Romeo committed, but yeah, he’s a next level player if healthy, and his game is more rounded than Romeo’s (who frankly still killed it last season and would have been better but for his hand injury).

So go ahead, get hyped, as more info comes out that he is getting healthy (notwithstanding CAM’s caution), I am.

I look at it this way. There should be no physical limitations. So basically we are looking at a year older,  year wiser,  year hungrier player who coming in was a fringe 5* player. I like me some of that! There is a real possibility that he plays up equal to a Romeo standard with better outside shooting. How could we not get a little hyped. After last season, we are only trending up. That is, after RMK makes the trip to the Hall and excises all of the bad mojo in that place lol!

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Hunter is cleared for workouts. Very, very positive news for IUBB today. 

Fantastic news. Can't wait to see what we all know is what he can bring to the game.  Hang in there Jerome.  Show the B1G what ya got !

13 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I posted here weeks ago he was playing. Whats new here is Archie telling everyone finally. A game changer here folks. Its like adding a 5 star kid you never had before.

He’s been playing for quite sometime now.  The coaches “didn’t” know it but he’s been playing since before school let out for the summer.  Good to go.  I thought I posted that a while ago but I can’t remember.

9 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Does anyone know if they think this is a condition that can always pop up or do they think they caught it early enough that it is fixed?

Not sure. I would say though that anything that causes an 18 year old to miss a season of hoops, activity, being around teammates,etc.....will always be something that is closely monitored.

I'm just very happy for this kid. Like others have said...adding him to the TJD, Brunk, Franklin class is just huge. Big part of the puzzle for team balance and spacing on the court. 

Archived