Sad news via South Bend

rico

20 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Can't even imagine the emotions running through that family. I'm never going to throw my grandkids in the air or do other things I routinely did with my own kids. 

I got a bad feeling about this...I am worried about the Grandfather.

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am 100% with you on that. That's not a situation that many can recover from. 

Not only that but there is very real possibility that charges may be filed against him for negligence.

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I never even considered that angle. Very true. 

Yeah, they were talking about it on the national news this morning.  Seeing as how the family is from South Bend, I will be getting updates on the local news.

16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

That is different from what I had first heard which was the grandfather was dangling the child over the balcony and lost his grip. 

As we continue to find out.  Initial stories coming out of the modern day main stream media are reactionary, rather than investigative. Upon research, I have found that the toddler was active in hitting the glass at a sibling's ice hockey game, and had previously done so with a glass window on the ship.  Sadly. She approached another opening on the ship with no glass and fell overboard.  Time will tell what the truth will out. However, the family has already enlisted the aid of a lawyer, intent on suing the cruise line. A cruise line, I might have that I have sailed upon. And could not say anything, but good about.  But then again. Anything can happen.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

As always. Lawyers will get involved. I'll say this. Can't believe the family would release this statement so quickly. 

They might have done that to deflect everything away from the Grandfather?

8 hours ago, rico said:

They might have done that to deflect everything away from the Grandfather?

All of the above....but to do a released statement essentially casting blame on the cruise ship less than 48 hours after the incident. I don't know. Seems weird to me. Such a tragedy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived