Getting Back to Home Court Domination

Gotta fill the Hall.   We had way too many games with empty balconies the last few seasons.  And don't get me started on the seats down low that sat empty for a lot of games(seriously those people need their tickets yanked).  Anyway...Winning of course will bring back the crowds.  I'm just not confident that we have a team that will fill the place yet consistently.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

28 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Gotta fill the Hall.   We had way too many games with empty balconies the last few seasons.  And don't get me started on the seats down low that sat empty for a lot of games(seriously those people need their tickets yanked).  Anyway...Winning of course will bring back the crowds.  I'm just not confident that we have a team that will fill the place yet consistently.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Missing the tournament 8 of the last 11 years takes its toll.  We just had a major rebuild with Crean and according to our AD we are in the second rebuild of his watch...empty seats are not that unexpected from my POV right now.  I expect to see them to start the year too, there is zero buzz around this program.  The recruiting forum is a ghost town and this one is awfull slow too (and yes I know it is the summer but the recruiting forum is usually fairly busy this time of year).  I think there will be quite a few "wait and see" fans to start the year.  If we look to be getting better, the crowds will slowly return.  If next season starts out rough, tickets will be easy to come by.

Miller has until probably year 5 because of his buyout, but next year is really important for his long term prospects IMO.

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yes, because getting rid of the big heads in the student section is much more important than winning 🤦🏻‍♂️

Damn right, we got more important things to worry about than big heads.

BTW TDH, another fine piece.

31 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That’s the point. Get back to winning basketball and you don’t need to create embarrassing gimmicks to entertain the crowd 

We went 95-16 (.856) at home over the last six seasons we had the big heads, and we’ve gone 27-12 (.692) at home since we got rid of them.  It wasn’t the big heads that were entertaining the crowd.

Good coaching, solid game plans, much better shooting, and strong day-to-day work habits will win more games than telling a team to "concentrate more" (whatever that means) for 50% of our season.

Recruit the right players (Archie's responsibility).

Coach them well (Archie's responsibility).

Have them do the right things in practice and do them all the time (responsibility to both the players and Archie).

But tell them to concentrate more?  Get psyched up for specific games?  How does one measure that?  "Hey, players, are you concentrating 30% more today than you did for our last away game?  Because that's what I told you to do.  In fact, this is a ranked team, so you need to concentrate 40% more, just to be safe."

I'm pulling for ya Archie, but that's nonsense.

"This season, I'm giving 110%.  I gave 100% last year, and that just didn't do it."  - Bobby Hill

16 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Good coaching, solid game plans, much better shooting, and strong day-to-day work habits will win more games than telling a team to "concentrate more" (whatever that means) for 50% of our season.

Recruit the right players (Archie's responsibility).

Coach them well (Archie's responsibility).

Have them do the right things in practice and do them all the time (responsibility to both the players and Archie).

But tell them to concentrate more?  Get psyched up for specific games?  How does one measure that?  "Hey, players, are you concentrating 30% more today than you did for our last away game?  Because that's what I told you to do.  In fact, this is a ranked team, so you need to concentrate 40% more, just to be safe."

I'm pulling for ya Archie, but that's nonsense.

"This season, I'm giving 110%.  I gave 100% last year, and that just didn't do it."  - Bobby Hill

I understand what you are saying....but, a team fuels off the home crowd against a quality opponent.  

28 minutes ago, rico said:

I understand what you are saying....but, a team fuels off the home crowd against a quality opponent. 

Good point.  Me calling it "nonsense" was a bit harsh.  I was feeling cranky after a long day.

I should have concentrated more.  :)

Archived