foodies thread, and other food lists!

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

@Billingsley99 have you been to carriage on the square?  I think I remember this place.  

Had a college friend from Greensburg and visited his house a few times. Last name was Obermeyer.  His dad owned an agricultural type business there. 

Perfect timing. I took Ayden there last night. That's one of his favorites.  They sponsor our little league team. Excellent food lots of good choices. The running pony is my favorite.  Mac and cheese is next level good. 

Obermeyers are a very good family and their business is very active in the community.  A couple of my former players work for them

Edited by Billingsley99

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Perfect timing. I took Ayden there last night. That's one of his favorites.  They sponsor our little league team. Excellent food lots of good choices. The running pony is my favorite.  Mac and cheese is next level good. 

Obermeyers are a very good family and their business is very active in the community.  A couple of my former players work for them

Might need to find a reason to go back sometime. 

Nick obermeyer is who I hung around with in college.  We showed some city boys the joy of snipe hunting among other things. Lol. 

21 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Might need to find a reason to go back sometime. 

Nick obermeyer is who I hung around with in college.  We showed some city boys the joy of snipe hunting among other things. Lol. 

If you do let us know.  Good old snipe hunting,  where you the bag holder and did you catch any

• Haha 3

I know, I know, we've already had two of these and a couple of off shoot's, but I keep hoping I'll have actually been to one, and this does seem to be a completely different list. 

Besides unless your vegan, who doesn't like the best burger in each state?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/these-are-the-best-burgers-in-all-50-states/ss-BB10803X?ocid=spartandhp

Unfortunately or fortunately, Matt's Bar in MN shows up on almost all of the list's!

Edited by Drroogh

54 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Are North Dakotans so deprived of steak they have a friggin "Longhorn Steakhouse" as the best? Really? What? They don't have a "Ponderosa"?

And though Pappas Steakhouse is damn good, it's far from the best steakhouse in Texas...

They did get Oklahoma right simply by not naming the overrated "Cattleman's" down in the old stockyard as the best...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Are North Dakotans so depraved of steak they have a friggin "Longhorn Steakhouse" as the best? Really? What? They don't have a "Ponderosa"?

And though Pappas Steakhouse is damn good, it's far from the best steakhouse in Texas...

They did get Oklahoma right simply by not naming the overrated "Cattleman's" down in the old stockyard as the best...

Yeah, I thought this list looked a little suspicious!

23 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not. If you're ever around Tucson AZ, you must try a Sonoran Hot Dog. What these food trucks can do with a hot dog down there is insane!

The Sonoran has been mentioned in a couple of threads like the best hot dog thread on page one. But thanks for the reminder!

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Pad Thai for Texas?

I don't even know where they think you'd get a good version of authentic Pad Thai around here...Pei Wei? 😟

I've forgotten where in Texas you are.  However here are lists for Pad Thai in Austin, and Houston :

THE BEST Pad Thai in Austin (Updated April 2020) 

Top 10 Best Pad Thai in Houston, TX - Updated COVID-19 Hours & Services 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Pad Thai for Texas?

I don't even know where they think you'd get a good version of authentic Pad Thai around here...Pei Wei? 😟

This past December we tailgated next to about 12 guys from Texas for Bears/Cowboys game. Let's just say there wasn't any Pad or Thai going on. More like Fogo de Chao. Probably had a hundred oz of various meats, brisket, steak,etc.....nothing else. All meat for those Texas guys.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This past December we tailgated next to about 12 guys from Texas for Bears/Cowboys game. Let's just say there wasn't any Pad or Thai going on. More like Fogo de Chao. Probably had a hundred oz of various meats, brisket, steak,etc.....nothing else. All meat for those Texas guys.

When I think of meat and Texas, I think of this place :

Home of the 72oz Steak - The Big Texan Steak Ranch

• Like 2

In case you missed it I had posted this in the Coronavirus Diet thread.

I was going to put this in the Best of Each state thread, but I liked the explanation in the first slide about the effects of CV on the resteraunt industry with over 100,000 resteraunt' s expected to close permanently?? So I'm putting it here. I know a café we eat at regularly, had adopted a car hop service in order to stay open. If you can get out and safely support the resteraunt' s still open, well use your best judgment! 

The best Take Out in each State! All of these were supposedly still open two weeks ago!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-best-takeout-restaurant-in-every-state-according-to-yelp/ss-BB122D73?ocid=spartandhp#image=1

39 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Pad Thai for Georgia as well, and several other states. I'm sure there are several in the Atlanta area, but I can tell you there isn't any around these here parts!

Long list for Pad Thai in Atlanta.  Personally, a dish I could take, or pass on.  Other dishes are more intriguing to me. 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I've forgotten where in Texas you are.  However here are lists for Pad Thai in Austin, and Houston :

THE BEST Pad Thai in Austin (Updated April 2020) 

Top 10 Best Pad Thai in Houston, TX - Updated COVID-19 Hours & Services 

I'm about 25 miles north-northeast of Houston...rural area and we have to drive to get any kind of food beyond fast food...

Like Pad Thai but my favorite Oriental dish is Korean Bibimbap...they do have some decent Korean restaurants in the city...our favorite is Korea Garden...I don't get the egg on my Bibimbap, but a nice side of kimchi...

Screenshot_20200419-133341~2.png

Edited by IUFLA

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Knew about the Market, in the Larimer Square section of Denver deciding to close after decades of doing business.  Sad to see. Been there. It was great.