foodies thread, and other food lists!

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Well, they did have bibimbap so they got one Korean dish in there...no bulgogi or kimchi though (can you tell I like Korean food?)

The Scandinavian countries have some pretty gross stuff...Pickled eel and beef hearts with cream sauce, which wasn't on the list, but was served 3 times a week at the Sondrestrom chow hall by the Danish cooks...along with a lot of other stuff I wouldn't touch...The one things those cooks could do better than anyone was make, well, Danish...

I guess that shouldn't be a shock...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Well, they did have bibimbap so they got one Korean dish in there...no bulgogi or kimchi though (can you tell I like Korean food?)

The Scandinavian countries have some pretty gross stuff...Pickled eel and beef hearts with cream sauce, which wasn't on the list, but was served 3 times a week at the Sondrestrom chow hall by the Danish cooks...along with a lot of other stuff I wouldn't touch...The one things those cooks could do better than anyone was make, well, Danish...

You and my friend who used to work for KIA need to meet! The one that caught my eye that I had never heard of was Beef rendang, Indonesia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

So working from home today, I was able to open up my Holy Grail of Asian cooking that I’ve had for decades. “The Complete Asian Cookbook” . Wouldn’t you know it, but there is not one but 3 recipes for Rendang!

She also has recipes for Kimchi and a couple of Bulgogi recipes, but no bibimbap? Maybe it wasn’t really a thing in the 70’s when it was first published? Seems the cookbook is still available, I highly recommend if you enjoy Asian food!1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So working from home today, I was able to open up my Holy Grail of Asian cooking that I’ve had for decades. “The Complete Asian Cookbook” . Wouldn’t you know it, but there is not one but 3 recipes for Rendang!

She also has recipes for Kimchi and a couple of Bulgogi recipes, but no bibimbap? Maybe it wasn’t really a thing in the 70’s when it was first published? Seems the cookbook is still available, I highly recommend if you enjoy Asian food!1

When I go to DC, we always have our meetings in the building this place is in The Capital Gallery...

The Rice Bar

Kinda a Chipotle for Korean food...go down the line and pick what you want...

I had to go alone my first couple of times, but the last time I went, I had 12 of my compatriots with me...

I'm hoping this chain eventually goes national...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

When I go to DC, we always have our meetings in the building this place is in The Capital Gallery...

The Rice Bar

Kinda a Chipotle for Korean food...go down the line and pick what you want...

I had to go alone my first couple of times, but the last time I went, I had 12 of my compatriots with me...

I'm hoping this chain eventually goes national...

I'm up with that! I remember visiting a vendor, Tool shop in the LA basin. It was owned by a Korean man and everybody that worked there was Korean. He took me to a Korean Resteraunt of his choice and I don't have a clue as to what I ate but it was delicious!

• Like 1

I'm only up to slide 53 but that one made me stop. I love Piri Piri Chicken. So weird to think of how many great chicken recipes there are!

Hah, slide 95 chicken hot dogs. My favorite local chicken place has chicken dogs. Simply a chicken tender in whatever sauce you want in a hot dog bun. My favorite is the buffalo dog!

Edited by Drroogh