foodies thread, and other food lists!

And now we have the best Bakery in every state!

Again I've not been through the list yet, so don't kill the messenger!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/we-found-the-best-bakery-in-every-state/ss-AAJf9Bd?ocid=spartandhp

Sweet tart Key lime pie sounds mighty tasty in Indiana!

Edited by Drroogh

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

And now we have the best Bakery in every state!

Again I've not been through the list yet, so don't kill the messenger!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/we-found-the-best-bakery-in-every-state/ss-AAJf9Bd?ocid=spartandhp

Sweet tart Key lime pie sounds mighty tasty in Indiana!

From my time growing up in North West Indiana. If your local bakery is not filled with grandmothers dressed in covers over their dresses.  Then you have not learned how great a true bakery can be.

56 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

From my time growing up in North West Indiana. If your local bakery is not filled with grandmothers dressed in covers over their dresses.  Then you have not learned how great a true bakery can be.

Just my taste, but I think the Sweet Tart Key Lime pie sounds like a better choice. I'm not a huge fan of ultra sweet!  To each his/her own!!

On 10/25/2019 at 11:40 AM, milehiiu said:

Famous in Nebraska. And Iowa for that matter, where they call them Bierocks instead of Runza.  Actual restaurants, like McDonald's.  Have made it a point on some of my travels to get one.  And enjoyed them.

Why Nebraska Is Obsessed with the Runza Sandwich 

Okay mile, took me awhile to back up to the most Iconic post, but have to agree the Runza looks VERY appetizing, especially given my positive disposition towards Russia! 😀 In fact, I've been given an English language quiz  this weekend to help my RUSSIAN best friend in the worlds daughter with her language class! Rearrange these words into a sentence!! LOL

image.thumb.png.70d525107a04e4995e64718c8c73e9c5.png

Okay, after going thru the latest list I am unfortunately left with "never been there"!! But my biggest takeaway, was that with all of these lists we have had here, there are still some States that ONLY have resteraunt' s listed in a single city! Seriously, is Minneapolis or ALbequercy the ONLY cities in Minnesota or New Mexico with note worthy resteraunt s?   

35 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

While I'll overlook the slight to Shipley's Donuts in Texas (their donuts aren't that great...the vast majority of people go there for the kolaches I've mentioned a time or 2), I cannot give them a pass on Florida.

Anyone who's ever been to The Donut Hole in Destin will tell you their Little Angels (vanilla cream filled) or their Little Devils (chocolate cream filled) donuts are a life altering experience.

So rich and decadent you can only eat 1...

• Like 1

While not down grading their choice for Colorado for donuts. As I have never been there.  I have to put a vote in for The Donut House | Colorado's Favorite Donuts

Pretty dang good.  So good that the Donut House started out with one location just a few years ago. And now has grown to 8 locations in the Denver Metro Area.

Yet, despite all of that.  No bakery/donut shop I have ever been to, has been better than the Glen Park Bakery, in Gary, that I grew up with.  Polish ladies. Making the most delicious bakery items you could ever sink your teeth in. So good, that there was a line outside on Saturday mornings, waiting to get in.

33 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Oh really?

Challenge accepted if I'm ever in that area of Florida. 

Edit: These?

a64c2de53859cc97b3939aa2b1d2e90d.jpg

Oh yes, challenge accepted.  Pretty sure I could put the depicted tray away and ponder seconds. 

Sure, if you'll sign a waiver stating that should you lapse into a sugar driven diabetic coma and have to be toted off to Sacred Heart that I'm in no way culpable...

It is seriously the only food I've ever eaten that made my face tingle...

14 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Let's be real. The best donut in Indiana are my homemade doughnuts. I can bread and deep fry a flip flop and still win.😁JK

But I do make some pretty good doughnuts 

Edited by mrflynn03

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Yess !  And Pete's kitchen in Denver.

Can't comment on their Indiana choice. As I have never been to their Indy choice.  However, I would have to say the Coney Dogs in Fort Wayne are above reproach. And

The Koney King    in Gary, Indiana,  has been serving up great Coney Dogs, since 1920.  Don't be afraid of going there. During the day. Main street Broadway. And they close at 6 p.m. Some of the nicest wait persons one would ever want to meet. 

Edited by milehiiu

Two more 

Coziest Resteraunt in each State

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-coziest-restaurant-in-every-state/ss-AAIRxoO#image=1

And the Best Under the Radar resteraunt in each State

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-best-under-the-radar-restaurant-in-each-state/ss-AAIzv30#image=1

I think my favorite list from today is The must Try Sandwiches

16 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

If you're going on a road trip, you might want to take this list along! 

Best Truck Stop eats' in every State!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-best-truck-stop-eats-in-every-state/ss-AAJERR7

"Best" truck stop in West Virginia? If you leave a truck stop in WV without dysentery and/or the clap, it can be considered "best".

And yes, the 2nd part of that and/or takes out the one where 5fouls' ex wives #'s 3,5 and 7 "work".

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

"Best" truck stop in West Virginia? If you leave a truck stop in WV without dysentery and/or the clap, it can be considered "best".

And yes, the 2nd part of that and/or takes out the one where 5fouls' ex wives #'s 3,5 and 7 "work".

I get you, the vast majority of non franchise truck stop food is not that great! Have to say though, there are exceptions! Like the best Mexican outside of Atlanta is in a truck stop near Newnan GA. Also, for me where I live since ALLL the resteraunt' s around think catfish is the ONLY seafood, I regularly visit a truck stop for their Grouper Basket!