foodies thread, and other food lists!

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Okay, after that glowing proclamation I may have to visit the Ted's Montana Grill in the city where I work! Which cut do you recommend Brisket or Short Rib?

Here in Colorado. The Buffalo Tenderloin Steak is the way to go.  Ted's is good.  I like it. However since they don't offer a Buffalo Tenderloin Steak... I always go with the Short Rib. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Drroogh said:

The Official State Foods of each State! What's up with Colorado mile, no official state food? You need to get on that!😀

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/united-states-of-food-official-state-foods/ss-BBWHQxC

And even though it is not an official state food Indiana's Pork Tenderloin get's some love!

Rico, you have to Love Minnesota with Morel's as the State Mushroom and Walleye's as the official State fish!

Takes me back to my youth.  Once out of school for the year I would help Grandpa and Dad finish getting the crops in.  Once in I would head to Minnesota with Grandma and Grandpa.  We would fish in the morning and mushroom hunt in the afternoon.  A week straight of eating walleye and morels.  Dang I miss that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Here in Colorado. The Buffalo Tenderloin Steak is the way to go.  Ted's is good.  I like it. However since they don't offer a Buffalo Tenderloin Steak... I always go with the Short Rib. 

When asked the question "Tenderloin or short rib?", the correct answer is "Yes".

Okay I think the writer of this one never even tried any of them she just looked at the ingredients and said YUCK! And when she couldn't find something, it was like she chose the states most iconic food. I was almost laughing going through it!

The Grossest Food in each State.

https://www.science-a2z.com/the-grossest-food-from-every-single-us-state?utm_source=327&utm_medium=taboola&utm_term=msn-defaulthomepage&utm_content=The+Worst+Food+From+Every+Single+State&utm_campaign=audXbXSAFEMSNx201905150840241x0xinc-win10-safemsn_2223656

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Okay I think the writer of this one never even tried any of them she just looked at the ingredients and said YUCK! And when she couldn't find something, it was like she chose the states most iconic food. I was almost laughing going through it!

https://www.science-a2z.com/the-grossest-food-from-every-single-us-state?utm_source=327&utm_medium=taboola&utm_term=msn-defaulthomepage&utm_content=The+Worst+Food+From+Every+Single+State&utm_campaign=audXbXSAFEMSNx201905150840241x0xinc-win10-safemsn_2223656

Well. I don't really know what to say. Other than when I got to Illinois, and she dished the Chicago Dog... all I could think is that this person orders an impossible burger at Burger King, every day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, milehiiu said:

My apologies mile, when I was presented a menu today with bison burger options, I hesitated and went for the fish taco's! Based on the results I should have gone with the  bison burgers!!

41 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

My apologies mile, when I was presented a menu today with bison burger options, I hesitated and went for the fish taco's! Based on the results I should have gone with the  bison burgers!!

There's always a next time. Honestly have never had a dish at Ted's that I did not enjoy. 

Edited by milehiiu

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

This writer is a condescending umm individual.  The first sentence for Iowa's fried butter had her saying she knew middle america was trashy and called people from the hoosier state gross. That's all I need to know about the writer. And choosing between Chicago dogs and pizza as Illinois grossest food?  Live under a rock maybe?

Also, I like steamed burgers. Very underrated. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I know we already had a best burger list but that was from 2016, this list is 4 days old and from a different source

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/your-guide-to-the-best-burger-spots-in-america/ss-BBWKWgA?ocid=spartandhp

I only saw two duplicates!

Cheeseburger Cheeseburger- Billy Goat Tavern

Never been to the Billy Goat in Chicago.  But have been to one other famous one. With several locations around the city.  The name of which escapes now.

And I know that their choice for Denver. Big Daddy's has been around for years. And carries a big reputation. But have not been there either. But. The Cherry Cricket in Denver is famous for their burgers. And perhaps is more famous for their burgers, than Big Daddy's

And I have been to the   Cherry Cricket.

Lastly.  Getting  back home to  Indiana.   Schoops has been around for decades.

Schoops

On 11/15/2019 at 5:41 PM, milehiiu said:

Well. I don't really know what to say. Other than when I got to Illinois, and she dished the Chicago Dog... all I could think is that this person orders an impossible burger at Burger King, every day.

Impossible burger, topped with kale and soy cheese.

Half the stuff on that list is f#&&%ng delicious. Sonoran Dogs, Chicago Dogs, Primanti Brothers Sandwiches.

And congratulations, author. You've successfully found a way to unite the cities of Cincinnati and Pittsburgh on something. I mean, other than mutually agreeing that both cities' MLB franchises suck. :coffee:

53 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Okay, so this is not a list of best of each state! But I think that line is running dry so Let's allow the best fifty steakhouses in the US!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/americas-50-best-steakhouses/ss-BBWOVr7?ocid=spartanntp

Lot's of great steakhouses in Colorado.  Hey, after all we're in cattle country after all. Duh.   Can't argue with their choice of the Buckhorn Exchange.  Talked about it on these forums a while back. Oldest restaurant in Colorado. Where President's all the way back to Teddy Roosevelt dined. But if they are going to list the Buckhorn, The Fort in Morrison, which I have talked about as well should be listed.

Good choice for Indiana.

Sparks in New York CIty as well.

And I can't believe The Golden OX in Kansas City, did not get listed

.GOLDEN OX

And then. There is The Steakhouse, in the basement of Circus, Circus in Las Vegas.  That has won so many awards, they don't have any room left to hang them.

THE Steak House - Circus Circus Hotel & Resort

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Love how you are keeping this thread alive. Really am enjoying it.

Got an HSN member. Spends time at my house  for IU games.  And every Thanksgiving. People go nuts for his broccoli casserole.  In fact they demand it every year.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 5:36 PM, Drroogh said:

The whole thing has the feel of her just trying to upset someone enough that her article gets some traction. 

Okay this is a different best Thanksgiving recipe for each State. I think I like this list better.  

https://www.food.com/ideas/regional-state-thanksgiving-food-6457?nl=GKW_112219_sub4img&bid=18642414&c32=99ffbb33ad7cf260dce618b7fb11ef62bd9633ee&ssid=0000_FC_HEADER&sni_by=1953&sni_gn=Male#c-405016

Edited by Drroogh

On 11/24/2019 at 1:43 PM, Drroogh said:

This has got to be the best list yet, as each state has a link to a whole new list for each state.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/packages/best-food-in-america

So once again in the discussion, under the many California links above is In-N-Out. Flying out tomorrow to have Thanksgiving with the Grand Kids. I am going to have to highly suggest we stop at In-N-Out so that Grandpa can experience one of California's most famous foods. Or maybe if we can find our way to Pink's! Kind of like when I was in Chicago for my Son and Daughter-in-laws wedding, going to Portillo's!😀