Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
Drroogh

Best of each State lists for foodies, or (not)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

So once again in the discussion, under the many California links above is In-N-Out. Flying out tomorrow to have Thanksgiving with the Grand Kids. I am going to have to highly suggest we stop at In-N-Out so that Grandpa can experience one of California's most famous foods. Or maybe if we can find our way to Pink's! Kind of like when I was in Chicago for my Son and Daughter-in-laws wedding, going to Portillo's!😀 

Three great places. Two in California.  Have a safe and Happy T-day !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

So once again in the discussion, under the many California links above is In-N-Out. Flying out tomorrow to have Thanksgiving with the Grand Kids. I am going to have to highly suggest we stop at In-N-Out so that Grandpa can experience one of California's most famous foods. Or maybe if we can find our way to Pink's! Kind of like when I was in Chicago for my Son and Daughter-in-laws wedding, going to Portillo's!😀 

Double Double animal style, well done fries, vanilla shake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, milehiiu said:

Drroogh has been doing a fantastic job with this thread.

Not sure if we have done this one yet :

The Most Expensive Restaurants in Every State

 

Thanks mile for the input during the Thanksgiving doldrums! Unfortunately, they are way out of my price range! 😕Really do appreciate though, everything you do here! I think of you as a close friend!

More in my price range. Most charming old fashioned diner of each state!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-most-charming-old-fashioned-diner-in-every-state/ss-BBXF74R?ocid=spartandhp

Edited by Drroogh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

 

Thanks mile for the input during the Thanksgiving doldrums! Unfortunately, they are way out of my price range! 😕Really do appreciate though, everything you do here! I think of you as a close friend!

More in my price range. Most charming old fashioned diner of each state!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-most-charming-old-fashioned-diner-in-every-state/ss-BBXF74R?ocid=spartandhp

Thank you for your very kind words. I think highly of all you do for our site as well.   And equally, also consider you among my many HSN friends.  I am blessed.

And.....there you go with another great contribution !

Oh. And almost forgot.  Sam's for Colorado has been around for years. Three locations. We go to the one in Aurora, Colorado.  And it is great. With a menu that is several pages long. Breakfast, lunch or dinner. Does not matter what time of day.  They will serve you anything on the menu any time of day.

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, milehiiu said:

Drroogh has been doing a fantastic job with this thread.

Not sure if we have done this one yet :

The Most Expensive Restaurants in Every State

I'll be damned.  I've been to one of those.  Well, sort of..

I knew Jeff Ruby opened a location in Louisville.  Haven't been to that location, but have been to Jeff Ruby Cincinnati and The Precinct several times (once for an anniversary, the rest on the company dime....only way to do it). 

Pricey? Oh lord yes.  Figure a Franklin minimum per person.  Worth it? Easily the best steak I've had in my life.  Atmosphere and the menu is complete old-school NYC/Chicago steakhouse.  You're not getting a couple ounces of some designer organic "Insert Cool Trendy Name here" slices scattered on a plate that is filled up with stuff the cow would have eaten.  You're getting nice big hunks of aged, USDA prime beef. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not necessarily a best of state.  But rather best peanut butter. Inspired by posts in the general basketball thread.

35 Top Peanut Butter Brands Ranked for Nutrition

Been a Skippy Creamy fan since childhood. Some six decades, plus now.  Wife is an Adams Natural Crunchy fan. Needless to say. We are a two peanut butter family.

What's your favorite peanut butter, and style ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything natural and chunky. Only brand I've not liked much is skippy.  

Liked the peanut butter and crackers they put in mre's good lightweight snack when hunting, fishing, or hiking.  Plus, somebody had to eat up the Y2K supply before it expired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Anything natural and chunky. Only brand I've not liked much is skippy.  

Liked the peanut butter and crackers they put in mre's good lightweight snack when hunting, fishing, or hiking.  Plus, somebody had to eat up the Y2K supply before it expired. 

Yeah. When I was young, there were not many alternatives to Skippy.  Something I have never given up.  Though I realize there are better choices out there now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah. When I was young, there were not many alternatives to Skippy.  Something I have never given up.  Though I realize there are better choices out there now.

It's amazing how many more options their are for anything today. Potato chips especially annoy me. Here I am trying to be healthier and any flavor imaginable comes in a bag. I stay away but chips are my kryptonite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's amazing how many more options their are for anything today. Potato chips especially annoy me. Here I am trying to be healthier and any flavor imaginable comes in a bag. I stay away but chips are my kryptonite.

Stay out of the snack isle at the grocery store !   Only problem with that, is that is where they keep the nuts. Which are a healthy snack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a grocery not to far away where you can grind your own butter's. Almond butter is awesome!

Edited by Drroogh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...