Sneakers

rico

10 minutes ago, rico said:

The GF and I did a little shoe shopping today.  We have both agreed to boycott Nike.  Got my first pair of Under Armor sneakers.  She got a pair of New Balance.

Good for you guys. I will be honest.. I've had two pairs of UA shoes.. one was great, one fell apart kind of quick. 

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Good for you guys. I will be honest.. I've had two pairs of UA shoes.. one was great, one fell apart kind of quick. 

Well for 129.99 these mofos better not fall apart...maybe I should have got a pair of cowboy boots?

Shoes are one area where I have 0 flexibility when it comes to brand loyalty.

Athletic/sneakers: adidas. Always found the fit of adidas better than Nike, and I've had several pairs that lasted for years.

Work/heavy boots: Dr. Martens. No exaggeration, it took me 15 years to completely kill the pair of steel toed Docs I had. And this is through landscaping/grass cutting weekly during the summer, getting covered in mud, snow, grease, paint, etc.

Dress/semi-casual: Allen Edmonds. If you complain that dress shoes hurt your feet, you're wearing the wrong ones. Expensive? Yes. But they'll outlast cheaper dress shoes twice over and are twice as comfortable. I've worked trade shows where I'm on my feet for 15 hours and my feet were no more tired than if I was wearing sneakers.

And thats it. Yes, I'm more particular about shoes than my wife, although she still wins in volume....lol.

I've been an Adidas guy since I bought my first pair of "Superstars" (white with red stripes like the IU guys) in like 70 or 71 at a sports store in Bloomington.

I have like 4 pair now. All comfortable and they do last.

I do have a pair of New Balance Fuelcore V3s that are very comfortable for walking. Fit like something Body Glove would make (like a neoprene material).

12 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Shoes are one area where I have 0 flexibility when it comes to brand loyalty.

Athletic/sneakers: adidas. Always found the fit of adidas better than Nike, and I've had several pairs that lasted for years.

Work/heavy boots: Dr. Martens. No exaggeration, it took me 15 years to completely kill the pair of steel toed Docs I had. And this is through landscaping/grass cutting weekly during the summer, getting covered in mud, snow, grease, paint, etc.

Dress/semi-casual: Allen Edmonds. If you complain that dress shoes hurt your feet, you're wearing the wrong ones. Expensive? Yes. But they'll outlast cheaper dress shoes twice over and are twice as comfortable. I've worked trade shows where I'm on my feet for 15 hours and my feet were no more tired than if I was wearing sneakers.

And thats it. Yes, I'm more particular about shoes than my wife, although she still wins in volume....lol.

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds but I don't wear them regularly because I don't want to ruin them! Especially with winter salt. I buy cheaper dress shoes for daily use.

I'll add 2 more names-

https://www.ugg.com/men-boots/ I thought they were just for women. When I got a pair as a present I wasn't thrilled but found them warm and comfortable.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-wild-boar-leather-mocs-49521.html?cgid=mens-footwear&dwvar_49521_color=DBR#start=4&cgid=mens-footwear

Those two get me through winter outside of work and the gym.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds but I don't wear them regularly because I don't want to ruin them! Especially with winter salt. I buy cheaper dress shoes for daily use.

I'll add 2 more names-

https://www.ugg.com/men-boots/ I thought they were just for women. When I got a pair as a present I wasn't thrilled but found them warm and comfortable.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-wild-boar-leather-mocs-49521.html?cgid=mens-footwear&dwvar_49521_color=DBR#start=4&cgid=mens-footwear

Those two get me through winter outside of work and the gym.

AEs are well made enough that I've bought 3-4 pairs second hand. Some great deals can be had on eBay. I've paid as little as $40 for shoes that might have been worn twice. A spray of disinfectant, a good polishing and a few days with cedar shoe trees and you've got a pair of $400 shoes for maybe 20% that cost

Archived