Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


The Daily Hoosier

Knight Moving Back to Bloomington

Recommended Posts

Hell yea..The General is back..🥳...hmm..coach moving to Bloomington..CAM looking to replace an Assistant coach,I see a connection here..🤔🤪

Edited by HoosierJax
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are bringing him back to a place that is familiar to him.  

It will be nice to have him back but the circumstances behind it just suck.  He was a quick witted guy and if you read between the lines, it sounds like that is going away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

They are bringing him back to a place that is familiar to him.  

It will be nice to have him back but the circumstances behind it just suck.  He was a quick witted guy and if you read between the lines, it sounds like that is going away.

 

Yeah sounds to me like he knows the time is near and doesn't want to leave with any regrets.  It's always better late than never but I really wish this had happened 10 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for not publishing his address. Maybe you could text a few of your comrades and ask them why in the world they thought this was a good idea.

I am guessing that somewhere in a journalist's training it says that it is public record and thus you should publish it.  In my opinion there is always room for basic human decency to prevail.  Hell, if someone cannot do it for coach Knight, then do it for the neighbors.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah sounds to me like he knows the time is near and doesn't want to leave with any regrets.  It's always better late than never but I really wish this had happened 10 years ago.

I do too.  My one wish, the one thing I would like to see is him getting a send off in Assembly Hall.  I was a senior when he was fired, I was out and about during the "riot", and I was there at Dunn Meadow.  Dunn Meadow was nice but with what that guy did for the school, I would really like to see him get a send off at Assembly Hall.  No need to talk, no need for a speech, just walk him out on the floor again and let the crowd do the rest.

And for the younger people who never got a chance to see a game while Knight was coaching, there has not been a presence in the hall since where you can feel the crowd just anticipating him walking out onto the floor.  Every. Single. Game.  I caught the tail end of his career but it was just another level when he was here.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I am guessing that somewhere in a journalist's training it says that it is public record and thus you should publish it.  In my opinion there is always room for basic human decency to prevail.  Hell, if someone cannot do it for coach Knight, then do it for the neighbors.

Cool you didn't publish address but saw another article that did. Don't want to speculate too much, but it is across the street from an Alzheimer's Center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I do too.  My one wish, the one thing I would like to see is him getting a send off in Assembly Hall.  I was a senior when he was fired, I was out and about during the "riot", and I was there at Dunn Meadow.  Dunn Meadow was nice but with what that guy did for the school, I would really like to see him get a send off at Assembly Hall.  No need to talk, no need for a speech, just walk him out on the floor again and let the crowd do the rest.

And for the younger people who never got a chance to see a game while Knight was coaching, there has not been a presence in the hall since where you can feel the crowd just anticipating him walking out onto the floor.  Every. Single. Game.  I caught the tail end of his career but it was just another level when he was here.

Well said. Does anyone remember the Iowa game when Coach came out from behind the Iowa bench and grabbed Alford, I swear Steve had to change his undies after that . Knight scared him to death. Just another little way to get in the opponents head. 

I think the back to Assembly Hall happens this year. Lots of moving parts behind the scenes trying to make this a reality.

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Well said. Does anyone remember the Iowa game when Coach came out from behind the Iowa bench and grabbed Alford, I swear Steve had to change his undies after that . Knight scared him to death. Just another little way to get in the opponents head. 

I think the back to Assembly Hall happens this year. Lots of moving parts behind the scenes trying to make this a reality.

Yep...I remember that moment like it was yesterday. Coach Knight being Coach Knight. Never a warm and fuzzy guy. The softest I ever saw Coach was when he was referring to his son Pat as an IU player and said, "I'm his biggest fan!"....choking back emotions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the back to Assembly Hall happens this year. Lots of moving parts behind the scenes trying to make this a reality.

I hope so...we play both Purdue and Ohio State at home, so I would hope it would be on one of those two dates...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish nothing but the best for Coach Knight. I have not been a fan of his for many years but you can't overlook what he did for Indiana and for what Indiana did for him. In many ways neither him nor the University has been the same since his firing. I pray that the door is finally going to close on that horrible situation. Coach Knight needs it, the University needs it and the fans who love him and the University deserve it. 

If he comes back he can finally be placed at the top of the mountain where he deserves to be. Welcome home Coach. Hoosier Hospitality is no accident!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I hope so...we play both Purdue and Ohio State at home, so I would hope it would be on one of those two dates...

Maybe someone else has more info but I did hear Keady has been working with Knight to get his old friend back inside Assembly Hall. 

While at Purdue i could not stand Keady but after he left I was able to talk with him few times and hes ok in my book.  Except when they show him on TV behind the PU  bench then he back to being the enemy 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe someone else has more info but I did hear Keady has been working with Knight to get his old friend back inside Assembly Hall. 

While at Purdue i could not stand Keady but after he left I was able to talk with him few times and hes ok in my book.  Except when they show him on TV behind the PU  bench then he back to being the enemy 

I feel this way about Matt Painter. Absolutely hate Purdue, but got to meet & talk to Painter due to some work related things and came away really liking the guy. Still don't like Purdue (never will) but kind of root for Painter. It's very odd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hoosiermd said:

I feel this way about Matt Painter. Absolutely hate Purdue, but got to meet & talk to Painter due to some work related things and came away really liking the guy. Still don't like Purdue (never will) but kind of root for Painter. It's very odd.

I get that. I don't like John Calipari the coach but on more than 1 occasion he has followed up to see how Ayden was doing.  Many years ago there was a benefit for Ayden and a lot of College coaches donated items for a silent Auction and the ones that have stayed in contact are Steve Alford, Matt Painter, Tom Crean,Buzz Williams and Dave Bliss. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoosiermd said:

I feel this way about Matt Painter. Absolutely hate Purdue, but got to meet & talk to Painter due to some work related things and came away really liking the guy. Still don't like Purdue (never will) but kind of root for Painter. It's very odd.

Didn't he cheat on his wife with a cheerleader or is that an urban legend?  If so he's a scumbag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Didn't he cheat on his wife with a cheerleader or is that an urban legend?  If so he's a scumbag.

Maybe his wife was sleeping with with Jim Rowinski. Don’t be to quick to judge people when the all the facts usually are not known 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Maybe his wife was sleeping with with Jim Rowinski. Don’t be to quick to judge people when the all the facts usually are not known 

Not judging just asking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...