Knight Moving Back to Bloomington

37 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

They are bringing him back to a place that is familiar to him.  

It will be nice to have him back but the circumstances behind it just suck.  He was a quick witted guy and if you read between the lines, it sounds like that is going away.

Yeah sounds to me like he knows the time is near and doesn't want to leave with any regrets.  It's always better late than never but I really wish this had happened 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for not publishing his address. Maybe you could text a few of your comrades and ask them why in the world they thought this was a good idea.

I am guessing that somewhere in a journalist's training it says that it is public record and thus you should publish it.  In my opinion there is always room for basic human decency to prevail.  Hell, if someone cannot do it for coach Knight, then do it for the neighbors.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah sounds to me like he knows the time is near and doesn't want to leave with any regrets.  It's always better late than never but I really wish this had happened 10 years ago.

I do too.  My one wish, the one thing I would like to see is him getting a send off in Assembly Hall.  I was a senior when he was fired, I was out and about during the "riot", and I was there at Dunn Meadow.  Dunn Meadow was nice but with what that guy did for the school, I would really like to see him get a send off at Assembly Hall.  No need to talk, no need for a speech, just walk him out on the floor again and let the crowd do the rest.

And for the younger people who never got a chance to see a game while Knight was coaching, there has not been a presence in the hall since where you can feel the crowd just anticipating him walking out onto the floor.  Every. Single. Game.  I caught the tail end of his career but it was just another level when he was here.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I am guessing that somewhere in a journalist's training it says that it is public record and thus you should publish it.  In my opinion there is always room for basic human decency to prevail.  Hell, if someone cannot do it for coach Knight, then do it for the neighbors.

Cool you didn't publish address but saw another article that did. Don't want to speculate too much, but it is across the street from an Alzheimer's Center. 

25 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I do too.  My one wish, the one thing I would like to see is him getting a send off in Assembly Hall.  I was a senior when he was fired, I was out and about during the "riot", and I was there at Dunn Meadow.  Dunn Meadow was nice but with what that guy did for the school, I would really like to see him get a send off at Assembly Hall.  No need to talk, no need for a speech, just walk him out on the floor again and let the crowd do the rest.

And for the younger people who never got a chance to see a game while Knight was coaching, there has not been a presence in the hall since where you can feel the crowd just anticipating him walking out onto the floor.  Every. Single. Game.  I caught the tail end of his career but it was just another level when he was here.

Well said. Does anyone remember the Iowa game when Coach came out from behind the Iowa bench and grabbed Alford, I swear Steve had to change his undies after that . Knight scared him to death. Just another little way to get in the opponents head. 

I think the back to Assembly Hall happens this year. Lots of moving parts behind the scenes trying to make this a reality.

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Well said. Does anyone remember the Iowa game when Coach came out from behind the Iowa bench and grabbed Alford, I swear Steve had to change his undies after that . Knight scared him to death. Just another little way to get in the opponents head. 

I think the back to Assembly Hall happens this year. Lots of moving parts behind the scenes trying to make this a reality.

Yep...I remember that moment like it was yesterday. Coach Knight being Coach Knight. Never a warm and fuzzy guy. The softest I ever saw Coach was when he was referring to his son Pat as an IU player and said, "I'm his biggest fan!"....choking back emotions.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I hope so...we play both Purdue and Ohio State at home, so I would hope it would be on one of those two dates...

I wish nothing but the best for Coach Knight. I have not been a fan of his for many years but you can't overlook what he did for Indiana and for what Indiana did for him. In many ways neither him nor the University has been the same since his firing. I pray that the door is finally going to close on that horrible situation. Coach Knight needs it, the University needs it and the fans who love him and the University deserve it. 

If he comes back he can finally be placed at the top of the mountain where he deserves to be. Welcome home Coach. Hoosier Hospitality is no accident!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I hope so...we play both Purdue and Ohio State at home, so I would hope it would be on one of those two dates...

Maybe someone else has more info but I did hear Keady has been working with Knight to get his old friend back inside Assembly Hall. 

While at Purdue i could not stand Keady but after he left I was able to talk with him few times and hes ok in my book.  Except when they show him on TV behind the PU  bench then he back to being the enemy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe someone else has more info but I did hear Keady has been working with Knight to get his old friend back inside Assembly Hall. 

While at Purdue i could not stand Keady but after he left I was able to talk with him few times and hes ok in my book.  Except when they show him on TV behind the PU  bench then he back to being the enemy 

I feel this way about Matt Painter. Absolutely hate Purdue, but got to meet & talk to Painter due to some work related things and came away really liking the guy. Still don't like Purdue (never will) but kind of root for Painter. It's very odd.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hoosiermd said:

I feel this way about Matt Painter. Absolutely hate Purdue, but got to meet & talk to Painter due to some work related things and came away really liking the guy. Still don't like Purdue (never will) but kind of root for Painter. It's very odd.

I get that. I don't like John Calipari the coach but on more than 1 occasion he has followed up to see how Ayden was doing.  Many years ago there was a benefit for Ayden and a lot of College coaches donated items for a silent Auction and the ones that have stayed in contact are Steve Alford, Matt Painter, Tom Crean,Buzz Williams and Dave Bliss. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hoosiermd said:

Didn't he cheat on his wife with a cheerleader or is that an urban legend?  If so he's a scumbag.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Didn't he cheat on his wife with a cheerleader or is that an urban legend?  If so he's a scumbag.

Maybe his wife was sleeping with with Jim Rowinski. Don’t be to quick to judge people when the all the facts usually are not known