Knight Moving Back to Bloomington

4 hours ago, MaroonRebel said:

Great day yesterday! I had not been to the Bluebird in twenty years and happy to see  the new Yogis open. Sorry for the middle age dude talking during all the pictures, but how many times do you get to talk to coach Ohstrom, AJ Moye, and Derek Elston. Also the Leals are the nicest people. It says a lot about the direction of the program when you include such great families. Class acts!

56393D91-DCC7-4F91-9D47-01824E08CC23.jpeg

Hey!! The good-lookin' dude on the right is my nephew!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaroonRebel said:

Yes, Someone from the crowd asked and that was his reply. He got choked up talking about the fans and players. It was a get reunion. You got to see how the players view each other as family and how the community embraced them. I wish the Garcia family was there. It would have showed them the extended family they could be joining. Family is the word tossed around by those I spoke to during the event.

Dawson's dad talked about how blown away he has been with the passion of IU fans towards the game of basketball.  Impressed that fans lined up to welcome them on campus. Admitted to getting goose bumps, in Assembly Hall.   And actually brought copies of tweets from IU fans with him during the visit to IU.

Having said all that.  In the end. It is still going to be Dawson's decision.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Dawson's dad talked about how blown away he has been with the passion of IU fans towards the game of basketball.  Impressed that fans lined up to welcome them on campus. Admitted to getting goose bumps, in Assembly Hall.   And actually brought copies of tweets from IU fans with him during the visit to IU.

Having said all that.  In the end. It is still going to be Dawson's decision.

Yes, the Garcia’s will do what is best for their family and deserve the rewards of hard work. I will wish them best whichever school they pick. Hoping it is IU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaroonRebel said:

Then there is a good chance I know you, since I have known him since we were young.

The world really is a small place! Had a good friend after college that no matter where we went he knew somebody! Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Colorado he would always meet somebody he knew! I was amazed! But when I went to Bruges Belgium, and was talking with a vendor and they mention another customer who had just been there a few weeks ago, I'm like I know the guy! Not so impressed with my friend after all!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I pray for two things, one of them daily. First for Ayden and his family. The other is that Coach Knight comes home to Assembly Hall and that what happened so many years ago is finally put to rest. Everyone needs to move forward and give this man everything he deserves. Coach needs to be put on top of the mountain where he deserves to be!

Making this old guy tear up first thing in the morning.  Thank you my friend!!

Lifted this quote from Coach Knight at Hoosier Hysterics from another site...

“This was a great place to coach, and it was an opportunity to coach a lot of great kids,” Knight said. “And more important than that, we just about beat everybody’s ass.”

Made me smile...Coach Knight isn't done just yet!

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Lifted this quote from Coach Knight at Hoosier Hysterics from another site...

“This was a great place to coach, and it was an opportunity to coach a lot of great kids,” Knight said. “And more important than that, we just about beat everybody’s ass.”

Made me smile...Coach Knight isn't done just yet!

Maybe you missed it but the video of him talking and saying that is on page one of this thread.  It's worth a watch.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watched it on YouTube and it is hard to see coach Knight the way he is now.

Yea I know what ya mean.   That great mind is slowly slipping away with his disease.  We just have to enjoy him while we can and hope he feels the love we still have for him.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1