Knight Moving Back to Bloomington

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

No.....halftime pep talk. 

There's no pregame pep talk needed.  If you don't grasp the magnitude of being the first Indiana players that Bob Knight is going to see in Assembly Hall since he last patrolled the sidelines, don't even put that uniform on.  The man who is largely responsible for making that building the Carnegie Hall of College Basketball.  Hell, the man who came up with those candy striped pants you're about to put on.  No.....if you don't get what it means and you're not already jacked and focused, don't bother.  Not this coming Saturday. 

Gotta feeling, half time could be busy. What with an invitation that has gone out to EVERY IUBB player for the half time ceremony. I think coach would rather be there, rather than locked up in the locker room.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Gotta feeling, half time could be busy. What with an invitation that has gone out to EVERY IUBB player for the half time ceremony. I think coach would rather be there, rather than locked up in the locker room.

Can't disagree.

although I think this team would benefit from an old fashioned RMK halftime reaming 😂

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’d pay good money to see that especially the look on Devonte and Justin’s faces.  We’d be down at least 2 players before the speech was over.

What about the other five guys throwing up brick after brick? Those two seem to be the toughest guys on the team based on all the flack they've taken but haven't quit or transferred. They might have major flaws in their game, but they've stuck around when many people have wished them off the team. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’d pay good money to see that especially the look on Devonte and Justin’s faces.  We’d be down at least 2 players before the speech was over.

I mean this with all respect. Coach Knight left Bloomington almost 2 decades ago. You think Devonte and Justin Smith give one rats about him? Doubtful. The only kids I expect I would actually have an appreciation would be TJD, Brunk, and maybe Rob. Otherwise he's an old white dude that has zero impact on their day to day. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I mean this with all respect. Coach Knight left Bloomington almost 2 decades ago. You think Devonte and Justin Smith give one rats about him? Doubtful. The only kids I expect I would actually have an appreciation would be TJD, Brunk, and maybe Rob. Otherwise he's an old white dude that has zero impact on their day to day. 

I never said they did and you totally misread my post.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I never said they did and you totally misread my post.

I think you misread mine. Post was made. You suggested we would be down 2 before speech was over. I said kids don't care....you say you never said you said that and I misread your post. Are we caught up chronologically? Just saying anything Knight wouldn't resonate with the exception of the few I mentioned.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think you misread mine. Post was made. You suggested we would be down 2 before speech was over. I said kids don't care....you say you never said you said that and I misread your post. Are we caught up chronologically? Just saying anything Knight wouldn't resonate with the exception of the few I mentioned.

3785BACC-9276-46F5-958D-A22C70A94FE9.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Will the cursed be lifted?  Why is it that all the sudden my hope meter for this season just went from a 1/4 to a solid 3/4?

I would caution on expecting Knight’s return to Assembly Hall having any impact in the short term. It could have impact on this one game, though I’m not even sure of that, but I’d expect any impact to be more of a longer term one (in terms of the healing it can bring), if any. 

53 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I would caution on expecting Knight’s return to Assembly Hall having any impact in the short term. It could have impact on this one game, though I’m not even sure of that, but I’d expect any impact to be more of a longer term one (in terms of the healing it can bring), if any. 

I remember when his reactions alone to players or officials would ignite the crowd making it nearly impossible to speak to the person next to you. That noise was a huge distraction for the other team. Maybe his presence will have a similar effect if not just for this one game.

In his prime, his confidence and determination was the heartbeat of assembly hall. The General.... I miss that energy and excitement. We all do.

• Like 4

i say fire CAM now and have Knight finish the season.  he'll head butt Green, choke Smith, kick someone, but i bet he'll take care of making sure they play hard or leave.  i'm going to say again here, if you haven't listened to Dakich's spoof on RMK and CAM having a meeting, it is good stuff.  just google Dakich and Knight and Miller.  

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i say fire CAM now and have Knight finish the season.  he'll head butt Green, choke Smith, kick someone, but i bet he'll take care of making sure they play hard or leave.  i'm going to say again here, if you haven't listened to Dakich's spoof on RMK and CAM having a meeting, it is good stuff.  just google Dakich and Knight and Miller.  

I thought it was Kent Sterling that had something similar to that

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Yes. And added some to it. I am sure DD was on the receiving end of many of those. 

Probably. According to him though he told dan Patrick last year at the final four that he has no relationship with coach nor does he want one. It was an interesting interview to say the least.