Knight Moving Back to Bloomington

22 hours ago, Lurker said:

I heard Dakich say Knight wearing an Army Bball shirt was Knight being an ass.

You should listen, no one is a bigger authority on being an ass.  Dakich once wore OSU gear and stood on the OSU sideline during an IU homecoming game.  Dakich wearing anything is Dakich being an ass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Muddy River said:

You should listen, no one is a bigger authority on being an ass.  Dakich once wore OSU gear and stood on the OSU sideline during an IU homecoming game.  Dakich wearing anything is Dakich being an ass.

Dakich is going to turn into a very miserable old man if he's not careful.  That should sound familiar. 

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Dakich is going to turn into a very miserable old man if he's not careful.  That should sound familiar. 

Turn into? Dude's a runaway freight train on how not to act, speak or treat others. Hope he saved his $. Days are numbered. 

Edit-If 1070 wasn't a failing radio station his windbag ways would have been fired years ago. Of course Indy has one of the worst local markets going so I guess Dakich is king of the ashes if you will.

Edited by Seeking6

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Turn into? Dude's a runaway freight train on how not to act, speak or treat others. Hope he saved his $. Days are numbered. 

Edit-If 1070 wasn't a failing radio station his windbag ways would have been fired years ago. Of course Indy has one of the worst local markets going so I guess Dakich is king of the ashes if you will.

He'll always have doordash to fall back on if his radio career fails.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Seriously. Bad gambler. Windbag.....has talked out of so many sides of his body. 

I should get back on subject. I get why Knight said adios to this cat. 

I rarely listen to him but did one day about a month ago.  I remember him telling his audience that he was going out to buy a gun due to a crime way in Indy.  I thought to myself "Dakich with a gun", that's the scariest thing I've heard in years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

Dakich would be the authority on being an ass. Nothing wrong with Knight wearing an Army Bball shirt.

Note that in the pic with Rob and the pic with the 2 girls, RMK is wearing a Buckeye hat...

But that must be OK with Dakich since his kid played there...

I think Coach has earned the right to wear whatever he pleases...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Totally agreed. I could care less what school’s hat or shirt he’s wearing. Coach was born in Ohio and played his college ball for OSU which shows his lasting respect for the state. With that being said,….in 2019, 19 years after being fired from IU, Coach moved back to Bloomington…..a place where his heart never left. 

Well said by you and @IUFLA I had not seen you much as I have not been posting much especially in recruiting threads. HOpe all is well and best of luck on the start of the school year. Keep up the great work!!

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 7:32 PM, Lurker said:

I heard Dakich say Knight wearing an Army Bball shirt was Knight being an ass.

The man is retired...imo he can wear IU,OSU,TT or Army all have been a part of his life and got him to where he is today....Dakich even having comments about what he wears is ridiculous. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

When coach dons a UK or PU hat...then we can talk. Happy that coach is still healthy and getting about! Happy that these guys/gals got a chance to interact with a man that helped cement IU's legacy in college basketball.

I agree. I was personally starting to get a little worried. Its just great to see him out and about. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree. I was personally starting to get a little worried. Its just great to see him out and about. 

Agreed. We all have seen the deterioration in his health...combine the pandemic etc and well we've lost a lot of fine people in the past year. Life is very fragile. Shouldn't be hard to appreciate what we have now because it could be gone in the blink of an eye.  I think it's great to see him touch another generation of Hoosiers.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed. We all have seen the deterioration in his health...combine the pandemic etc and well we've lost a lot of fine people in the past year. Life is very fragile. Shouldn't be hard to appreciate what we have now because it could be gone in the blink of an eye.  I think it's great to see him touch another generation of Hoosiers.

Very well said. I really would like to see coach at least 1 more time. Hear a story that he has shared many a time and share that with Ayden. People can say what they want love or hate the man but some people we encounter are just bigger than life and Coach was one of those people to me. I shared with Ayden a story coach shared about drinking his Arnold Palmer and now that is Ayden's favorite drink. He was at a used book store and bought me a copy of a book about Coach Knight and was so excited to give it to me. I did not have the heart to tell him I have 2 other copies of it. Coach was for lack of a better word as hero in my eyes and then Ayden came along and HE became my true HERO. Would love for Ayden to meet Coach even if to just say hi

• Like 4

I hope one day that after hearing how Coach reacted when Hammel told him they were going to Indianapolis "to see Mike play" (when he found out it was Jordan and not Woodson RMK informed Hammel that there was only one Mike in Indiana basketball circles and that his name was Woodson) that Coach Woody tells people when he's identified as simply "Coach" and not "Coach Woodson" that there's only one "Coach" in Indiana basketball circles...

• Like 4