Knight Moving Back to Bloomington

• 4 weeks later...

Born and raised in Crawford County and I still live here. I had two people call me tonight and tell me about this after the fact. 

I think it was a practice and not a game though. There was a junior high girls game there tonight. My buddy who’s daughter plays for the visiting team called me and said his daughter saw him still there during that. 

I wish I would have known, I’d have gone to the middle school game.  

Edited by Parakeet Jones

26 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Born and raised in Crawford County and I still live here. I had two people call me tonight and tell me about this after the fact. 

I think it was a practice and not a game though. There was a junior high girls game there tonight. My buddy who’s daughter plays for the visiting team called me and said his daughter saw him still there during that. 

I wish I would have known, I’d have gone to the middle school game.  

Have you had any players there since Danny Mitchell?

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The younger generation wouldn't understand.  But, it breaks my heart to see Coach Knight since his illness.  Growing up in the 70's and early 80's, the man was almost mythical to a basketball crazed young lad like myself.   

Edit:  I have a lot of respect for Coach Keady for making visits like this.  It's not the first time he's done it.

That is a pair that brought so much to so many BB fans. The greatest years of life that I have the pleasure of looking back on.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The younger generation wouldn't understand.  But, it breaks my heart to see Coach Knight since his illness.  Growing up in the 70's and early 80's, the man was almost mythical to a basketball crazed young lad like myself.   

Edit:  I have a lot of respect for Coach Keady for making visits like this.  It's not the first time he's done it.

It happens alot...just goes to show you that the battle on the floor was about respect...younger kids wont ever understand  cause they will never feel the desire we had as young men for good basketball 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

Glad to see coach is still able to get out and enjoy himself.  My mom had dementia, also.  But there can still be a lot of good times.

Remember playing double solitaire with my mom, afterwards she commented to my sister who lived next door and watched over her, “He’s a nice man “ 

Yes there can be some good times even with dementia!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Exactly.  Man i hated Keady until I met him after he retired. I love seeing him with Coach and I am sure it does a lot of good for him.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...