Knight Moving Back to Bloomington

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

What's it gonna take to get the General to a game???  🙄

Probably something before 8pm..😂 the General has to get his rest...I hope it’s this year..showing up at the Bird and having fun with the fans and ex players and being surrounded by everything Indiana has to be a positive.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:22 AM, IUProfessor said:

Just noticed the 1979-80 team reunion is scheduled for the Purdue game...wonder if Knight makes his return to Assembly Hall then.

Highly doubt it. Has had several invitations in the past. And has come up with various excuses as to why not to attend.

Rather, if he does show up. It would be unexpected.  As when he showed up for an IU baseball game. 

Edited by milehiiu

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Highly doubt it. Has has several invitations in the past. And has come up with various excuses as to why not to attend.

Rather, if he does show up. It would be unexpected.  As when he showed up for an IU baseball game. 

Translation: Only on his terms, and only if he feels like it. It doesn't get any more RMK than that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Highly doubt it. Has had several invitations in the past. And has come up with various excuses as to why not to attend.

Coach Knight's condition(dementia if accurate) is such I'm sure it will be somewhat a spur of the moment kinda showing(if it happens).   I could see it playing out like this one day.  Pat stops by one morning and says, "Hey Dad I'm going to see Indiana play tonite with some of the guys.  You wanna come?"  Coach says, "Yea son I think I'd like that." Then Pat gets on the phone and let's Archie, Glass and as many former players know.  Pat picks him up a few hours later and they sneak in a side entrance at AH.  At some point before the game Chuck Crabb announces to the crowd the very special guest and the crowd goes wild.  Coach stands up and gives a wave... Not a dry eye in the building.

With dementia the ending could change in an instant though.  Pat could come by to pick him up only to find Coach in his pjs watching a fishing show on TV.  With zero recollection about saying he wanted to go the game.   

I just hope he comes back before things get worse and while he still remembers all the good times.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.hoosiertimes.com/herald_times_online/sports/college/iu/mensbasketball/pieces-coming-together-for-knight-return-to-assembly-hall/article_495d14a8-17a3-11ea-a5f0-871dd027c0ac.html

Article requires a subscription so I wasn’t able to read the whole article but the title caught my attention 

Heres one from the Indy Star:

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/4049268002

Edited by southsidehoosier
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

I was told recently by a prominent businessman in the area that Knight loved hunting there! No surprise that he would want to go back there. God bless him!

He used to bird hunt down that way. He even got in a altercation with a DNR officer unsurprisingly lol.

• Like 1