Knight Moving Back to Bloomington

Just now, IU Scott said:

Also wonder if it will be made known if he is there so they can recognize him or will he just sit up in the suite and just watch without fan fare.

I can assure you that once word spreads....the whole area will know. Certainly things can change and it's not a guarantee at all but signs pointing that way. My guess is he'll sit somewhere up in a suite with easy in/out access. Can't imagine him anywhere near the court. Would be nice if he could say something to crowd but him just walking back in is good enough for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

This would be awesome.  Not to mention I have tickets to that game 😁.

Good for you. I'm supposed to be painting interior (so much rain coming) of a rebuild for my church from 9-1 or so. I was probably already going South in the after life....but my shift now finishes at 11. Not taking any chances on missing this if it does happen.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He should come in behind the bench and slap Archie on the back like he did the first time Alford came in coaching Iowa

If he were to show, at all. I would rather that he give the pre-game locker room pep talk. 

The Alford thing was great.  But a one off. 

5 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Someone please erase the last two pages from the site!  I repeat I will be at the game and do not want to alter the potential outcome of a visit.

From what I have been told. The only thing that will keep coach from coming to AH, is if he is not feeling, health wise, up to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My fear would be if RMK wanted to come but did not want it to get out and now people are hearing about it might make him change his mind.

I thought about that too....but I think he's understanding that word  is going to get out and let's face it....Coach never stayed away from a little attention. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

If he were to show, at all. I would rather that he give the pre-game locker room pep talk.

No.....halftime pep talk. 

There's no pregame pep talk needed.  If you don't grasp the magnitude of being the first Indiana players that Bob Knight is going to see in Assembly Hall since he last patrolled the sidelines, don't even put that uniform on.  The man who is largely responsible for making that building the Carnegie Hall of College Basketball.  Hell, the man who came up with those candy striped pants you're about to put on.  No.....if you don't get what it means and you're not already jacked and focused, don't bother.  Not this coming Saturday. 

• Like 3