Are Geese a problem in your city ?

They are in Denver.  Not necessarily the geese, themselves.  But, rather their droppings.  Just one Goose can drop an unbelievable amount in just one day. Multiply that by thousands in just one park, and it can be a real mess (pun intended).

So. With a lot of controversy.  Denver began culling geese from some of their larger parks, earlier this week.  And processed into food for food depraved people, for free.

Now. Denver has put the program on hold.

Controversial geese culling at Denver parks halted for year

Just wondering what HSN thinks of this. 

Mile are there really THAT many geese that they can feed the multitudes of DEPRAVED people in Denver? DWS

Geese can be a big problem and it seems the only thing that can keep them away are Swans. Unfortunately, people find out just why Geese stay away from swans as they are one of the most aggressive animals on the planet even going after humans. In spite of how beautiful and peaceful they seem swimming on the lake. 

I think people need to quit capitulating to protesters so much. This program wasnt thought up on the toilet and implemented without advisement. Seems like a Government progam that is actually effectively done and serves a purpose.

The protesters need to understand 3 things, having animal crap everywhere is a biological hazard, animal populations need to be kept in check, they advocate taking a quality protein away from people in need. 

Mayor needs to tell them to pound sand. 

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Mile are there really THAT many geese that they can feed the multitudes of DEPRAVED people in Denver? DWS

Geese can be a big problem and it seems the only thing that can keep them away are Swans. Unfortunately, people find out just why Geese stay away from swans as they are one of the most aggressive animals on the planet even going after humans. In spite of how beautiful and peaceful they seem swimming on the lake. 

I would think is less about trying to feed people and more utilizing  resource the best way possible. Every little bit helps. 

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

I would think is less about trying to feed people and more utilizing  resource the best way possible. Every little bit helps. 

Totally agree, I have hated the so called protectors of the universe who stopped communities from given the good parts of deer car crashes to the DEPRIVED, all in the name of protecting them from sickness and disease????? Hypocrites! My comment to mile was to kid him about the typo!

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Totally agree, I have hated the so called protectors of the universe who stopped communities from given the good parts of deer car crashes to the DEPRIVED, all in the name of protecting them from sickness and disease????? Hypocrites! My comment to mile was to kid him about the typo!

Lol! Now I see it. Good eye. 

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I had a typo ?   Deprived, depraved.  My bad. Good catch. Aside from that. I do appreciate all the participation in this topik (done intentionally, this time. LOL ) up to this point. 

Fort Collins gave into the protesters.

Denver Parks and Recreation culling Canada geese sparks outrage. Fort Collins gives into the pressure.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I had a typo ?   Deprived, depraved.  My bad. Good catch. Aside from that. I do appreciate all the participation in this topik (done intentionally, this time. LOL ) up to this point. 

Fort Collins gave into the protesters.

Denver Parks and Recreation culling Canada geese sparks outrage. Fort Collins gives into the pressure.

Just like refusing to taking advantage of the incredible amount of delicious venison from car deer accidents to feed the disadvantaged. The asylum is being run by the patients!!!

19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just like refusing to taking advantage of the incredible amount of delicious venison from car deer accidents to feed the disadvantaged. The asylum is being run by the patients!!!

Colorado allows citizens to take fresh deer roadkill. No penalty.  Been the law for a number of years now. Just need to apply for a permit.

Additionally, in order to limit the amount of roadkill, not just deer.  Colorado has been building cross overs or underpasses to many of our highways. Each year more and more are built.

This Is How Colorado Deals With Roadkill, And Yes, It’s Something You Can Take Home Too | Colorado Public Radio

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Colorado allows citizens to take fresh deer roadkill. No penalty.  Been the law for a number of years now.

Additionally, in order to limit the amount of roadkill, not just deer.  Colorado has been building cross overs or underpasses to many of our highways. Each year more and more are built.

This Is How Colorado Deals With Roadkill, And Yes, It’s Something You Can Take Home Too | Colorado Public Radio

I think that is pretty universal, you can take road kill for personal consumption, the problem is many decades ago communities (government) could collect road kill process and distribute to the disadvantaged. To my knowledge, no longer allowed!

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I think that is pretty universal, you can take road kill for personal consumption, the problem is many decades ago communities (government) could collect road kill process and distribute to the disadvantaged. To my knowledge, no longer allowed!

I get you.  Makes no sense.

14 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Borrowing a phrase from one of the sages of our time, Chris Rock: "I'd eat a pig's @$$ if you cook it right."

An animal overpopulation that has become a nuisance, if not a hazard. An animal that has been a source of food for humans for at least a few centuries. A concurrent problem of people without adequate food. Only in today's society could we screw this up.

Oh, here's an idea. Local government kills the geese. Immediately pack them in dry ice and brand them as "Organic, free range non-GMO steroid-free hormone-free, cage free humanely slaughtered geese" and sell them on the open market. They'd make a killing. Hell, they'd probably match or exceed the weed money they're collecting.

Addition: Mow them down with a machine gun for all I care. Geese are mean little bastards. Even the sedate ones are like roosters on steroids after a coke binge. A former employer of mine had an issue with geese nesting near the corner of their parking lot. If you got within 5 feet of them, they'd start flapping towards you and try to peck you in the legs. Try and kick them away and they'd come back twice as aggressively. Officially, they couldn't do anything because of some city ordinance. We were (or weren't.... Wink wink nudge nudge) told that if we happened to run one down in the parking lot, no one would be the wiser.

14 hours ago, Drroogh said:

382b478091977597cf5c799b699341a8--billy-

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Addition: Mow them down with a machine gun for all I care. Geese are mean little bastards. Even the sedate ones are like roosters on steroids after a coke binge. A former employer of mine had an issue with geese nesting near the corner of their parking lot. If you got within 5 feet of them, they'd start flapping towards you and try to peck you in the legs. Try and kick them away and they'd come back twice as aggressively. Officially, they couldn't do anything because of some city ordinance. We were (or weren't.... Wink wink nudge nudge) told that if we happened to run one down in the parking lot, no one would be the wiser.

I shoot them on site here at my lakes.  The last I knew they were deemed a migratory bird, thus they fell under Federal guidelines.  But that was years ago.  They are a pest.

Archived