What ever happened to D.B Cooper ?

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yes.  They really wanted a war with Cuba. The fact top military brass came up with this plan and were willing to implement it just incomprehensible.  And noone really knows about stuff like this because the history taught in schools is watered down so much. And nobody really cares about history anyway.  

Hey now you are talking to a former US History teacher here.  I know firsthand what you are saying. that is why I challenged students to dig deeper and question things. The history bbok is only 1 source and i teach what is in the book but had so many other sources for students to not try and shape their thoughts but to encourage them to look at things in a different way and to seek the truth. If they believe what is written in the text and support it thats great and if they find another theory and can support it thats also great as long as they are doing their due diligence and can stand behind their beliefs. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing that makes me think cover up is all the JFK documents were supposed to be released in 2017. But some were held back because of national security concerns. What possible national security concerns could there be after all this time?  I think some involved are still alive and they are waiting for them to pass so we will never know the whole story. 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hey now you are talking to a former US History teacher here.  I know firsthand what you are saying. that is why I challenged students to dig deeper and question things. The history bbok is only 1 source and i teach what is in the book but had so many other sources for students to not try and shape their thoughts but to encourage them to look at things in a different way and to seek the truth. If they believe what is written in the text and support it thats great and if they find another theory and can support it thats also great as long as they are doing their due diligence and can stand behind their beliefs. 

My best friend from high school is a history/social studies teacher. Something I also considered doing. I just get info from him about high school history today. He says you need to be a history teacher like you described you were and make it more interesting, if not it's harder to get kids engaged.  Most of the kids he said he has had showed little interest in the high school textbook history.

If anybody is interested...John Douglas wrote some good books about some of these cases. He is former FBI profiler and the person the FBI profiler was based on in the movie Silence of the Lambs, as well as the Netflix show Mindhunter.

More food for thought...Who was Jack the Ripper?

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My daughter teaches AP Government and History in Knoxville, TN. She was the 2017 Teacher of the Year in Tennessee.

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My best friend from high school is a history/social studies teacher. Something I also considered doing. I just get info from him about high school history today. He says you need to be a history teacher like you described you were and make it more interesting, if not it's harder to get kids engaged.  Most of the kids he said he has had showed little interest.  

He is very accurate. The biggest problem is a teacher that wants to get students engages is not supported in public education in the state of Indiana. ( not too political) I truly feel for educators.

Once a person investigates what Operation Northwoods it is not hard to fathom the US Gov't taking out its own President. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Terrible answer maybe. If prior to 2000 yes if after that more than likely no. Around 2000 I slowed down my search for the killer

I don't get into debates on the JFK assassination anymore. Use to all the time. I was totally convinced there was a conspiracy and more than one shooter.

But Posner's book greatly altered my view. The hard evidence he covers is indisputable. 

Like I said, I believe Oswald killed JFK. Were other people involved in the planning? Maybe. But seriously, read "Case Closed" if you get the chance. Substantial piece of writing.

12 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

If anybody is interested...John Douglas wrote some good books about some of these cases. He is former FBI profiler and the person the FBI profiler was based on in the movie Silence of the Lambs, as well as the Netflix show Mindhunter.

More food for thought...Who was Jack the Ripper?

Aaron Kosminski would have to be at the top of the list of suspects for Jack the ripper.  some recent DNA testing suggests that he was

21 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Another thing that makes me think cover up is all the JFK documents were supposed to be released in 2017. But some were held back because of national security concerns. What possible national security concerns could there be after all this time?  I think some involved are still alive and they are waiting for them to pass so we will never know the whole story. 

My best GUESS is that most if not all have passed on but maybe a certain former President maybe has a son that was also President that is still alive and the info released may not bode well. A recent billionaire in the oil industry that passed away may have also had some negative light cast his way. Just guesses

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't get into debates on the JFK assassination anymore. Use to all the time. I was totally convinced there was a conspiracy and more than one shooter.

But Posner's book greatly altered my view. The hard evidence he covers is indisputable. 

Like I said, I believe Oswald killed JFK. Were other people involved in the planning? Maybe. But seriously, read "Case Closed" if you get the chance. Substantial piece of writing.

I do need to read it. I think i have watched a video where he was a guest lectured maybe and he provided a lot of the childhood of Oswald. Until I read it and i will I still have a lot of unanswered questions. Thank you for the source I do appreciate it. You are going to get me back into full JFk mode and I am not sure that is a good thing. 😀

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I do need to read it. I think i have watched a video where he was a guest lectured maybe and he provided a lot of the childhood of Oswald. Until I read it and i will I still have a lot of unanswered questions. Thank you for the source I do appreciate it. You are going to get me back into full JFk mode and I am not sure that is a good thing. 😀

Get back into it.  It is a good thing.

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

It really is.  Every single theory has positives and negatives, and that's one of the most fun things about it.  Not being able to prove or disprove anybody or any theory is one of the things that keeps the excitement alive.

I had kicked around the dead theory for a while, but I just love the adventure of him living through the jump.

If he lived, how'd he benefit from the cash? None of it ever has been found in circulation.

Only thing I could even think of is he laundered it through a foreign country that circulates and possibly informally accepts US currency and they never made it back over.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

My best GUESS is that most if not all have passed on but maybe a certain former President maybe has a son that was also President that is still alive and the info released may not bode well. A recent billionaire in the oil industry that passed away may have also had some negative light cast his way. Just guesses

Would the individual also have been a CIA asset or operative at the time of the JFK assassination and later rose all the way to DCI?

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

John Quincy Adams is still alive?

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

If he lived, how'd he benefit from the cash? None of it ever has been found in circulation.

Only thing I could even think of is he laundered it through a foreign country that circulates and possibly informally accepts US currency and they never made it back over.

He said to the flight attendant that he had a grudge, so maybe he was just trying to rob out of spite.

I also read somewhere that foreign countries would send money back to the US when it needs to be recirculated, so some bills would have popped up from that, but I don't know if that is true or not.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

He said to the flight attendant that he had a grudge, so maybe he was just trying to rob out of spite.

I also read somewhere that foreign countries would send money back to the US when it needs to be recirculated, so some bills would have popped up from that, but I don't know if that is true or not.

If he lived and never spent a single bill.....that's willpower that would make a Buddhist monk envious.

And typically, that's the case. Eventually, bills make it back to a federal reserve bank when they're on their last legs for replacement. Which is what makes it all the more strange, if he lived. I suppose someone financially savvy enough could have put up the physical cash as backing for a 200K line of credit and "spent" it that way. Surely someone in an offshore banking haven would work with him, just to stick it to the US government. But the bills would still be brought back into circulation if the line was ever called back or if they were claimed by the lender.

Unless he had a connection within the Treasury department, but now we're getting into tin foil hat territory.

Just enough plausibility in every direction that makes this case so fascinating.

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Talking about oil barons. Check into the history of the Senior Bush and Zapata.

CIA Helped Bush Senior In Oil Venture

And you are right. We have not even attempted to get into the failed Bay of Pigs Invasion.   There was that as well.

Then. There was Joseph Kennedy. JFK's dad.  Mob connections. And a liquor smuggler in NYC. 

Had a calculus teacher in high school, that claimed he had been a cryptographer for the government. Said he had to take an annual lie detector test with the FBI to insure he had not exposed any government secrets. The only hint he gave of us of inside knowledge was he said he was on duty during the Bay of Pigs, said Bobby was actually in charge as JFK  was out running woman! 

We all thought yeah right!

25 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Had a calculus teacher in high school, that claimed he had been a cryptographer for the government. Said he had to take an annual lie detector test with the FBI to insure he had not exposed any government secrets. The only hint he gave of us of inside knowledge was he said he was on duty during the Bay of Pigs, said Bobby was actually in charge as JFK  was out running woman! 

We all thought yeah right!

As time goes by. And as evidence builds up.  Your calc teach builds more and more cred.  So much was covered up at that time.

Had a great friend.  Who served in Viet Nam before my time in the Army.  Became friends of one of the doctors over there,  who later examined Kennedy in Wash D.C.  Said what was told to the public was pure trash. 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

If he lived and never spent a single bill.....that's willpower that would make a Buddhist monk envious.

And typically, that's the case. Eventually, bills make it back to a federal reserve bank when they're on their last legs for replacement. Which is what makes it all the more strange, if he lived. I suppose someone financially savvy enough could have put up the physical cash as backing for a 200K line of credit and "spent" it that way. Surely someone in an offshore banking haven would work with him, just to stick it to the US government. But the bills would still be brought back into circulation if the line was ever called back or if they were claimed by the lender.

Unless he had a connection within the Treasury department, but now we're getting into tin foil hat territory.

Just enough plausibility in every direction that makes this case so fascinating.

I can say that I have personally taken several thousand dollars overseas that will most likely never make it back. My last trip to Russia I asked my bank for the most pristine 100 dollar bills they had. After reviewing the 10 I got back I realized that I would only be able to exchange 3 of them. The exchangers (banks) in Russia pass them under a Black light, if there is "ANY" stain or blemish they will not except it! I once had a bill rejected that after I wiped the MINISCULE smudge off it, they accepted it! Because of the volatility of the local currencies, MANY countries citizens view American currency (especially $100 bills as SAVINGS accounts) they treat them like a Babe Ruth rookie card! They won't be coming back!

Archived