Gun Nuts/Collectors?

Just to clarify how much of a peice of dung he is and why this guy sucks. Today in his Senate hearing for ATF Director (an alphabet agency and position that should not exist) he said he believes any rifle with a caliber over .22 with a detachable magazine should be banned. 

Well, here is a picture of this guy with an M16 posing over burned up bodies of women and children at WACO.  They could have arrested David Koresh on his morning run, or on a trip into town and not murdered 76 people.  He looks happy though. 

41555526-9454603-image-a-7_1617990956003.jpg

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 4

On 3/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, IUFLA said:

I always thought they should have treated the Yugo like those cheap, plastic Bic lighters...Fill em with gas at the factory and dispose of them when they run out...

Wait...we don't do that already with our cars? Everything I buy starts falling apart as soon as the warranty runs out lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just to explain what the plans are for those that dont know. 

Basically, the plan is to bypass the legislative process and use the ATF to reclassify currently non NFA rifles to class 3 NFA firearms.  What this means is every rifle above and including .22lr that uses a detachable magazine would need to have a form filled out for registration and paying $200 for a tax stamp. They want to also include magazines, and eventually want to serialize individual parts. 

The current wait time for NFA approval last I knew was 8-12 months. They want to make it prohibitively expensive and flood the approval process with paperwork they cant possibly review.  

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 6:47 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Just to explain what the plans are for those that dont know. 

Basically, the plan is to bypass the legislative process and use the ATF to reclassify currently non NFA rifles to class 3 NFA firearms.  What this means is every rifle above and including .22lr that uses a detachable magazine would need to have a form filled out for registration and paying $200 for a tax stamp. They want to also include magazines, and eventually want to serialize individual parts. 

The current wait time for NFA approval last I knew was 8-12 months. They want to make it prohibitively expensive and flood the approval process with paperwork they cant possibly review.  

That won't happen.

Aside from the massive non-compliance such a move would undoubtedly create, there's not enough enforcement staff to enforce it even if you mobilized and deputized the military, assuming they were willing  (they aren't).

...and yes, the ensuing paperwork morass (IF people were willing to submit to it) would be untenable.

Canada attempted a massive gun grab years ago and quietly ended it several years later with an estimated non-compliance level of approximately 97%.  There are a lot more guns in the U.S. than there are in Canada.

Chipman is still a ridiculous choice for head of ATF.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 3:03 PM, IUFLA said:

Always wanted one of these, so I bought this one today...these are illegal in some states, but not Texas (or Indiana)...

Screenshot_20210527-140229.thumb.png.3b8bfcdc8e87b4bdf1941c96312a91c6.png

Still waiting on my sword I bought in January.  Trying to build a collection of, well, everything.  May add this too!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

That won't happen.

Aside from the massive non-compliance such a move would undoubtedly create, there's not enough enforcement staff to enforce it even if you mobilized and deputized the military, assuming they were willing  (they aren't).

...and yes, the ensuing paperwork morass (IF people were willing to submit to it) would be untenable.

Canada attempted a massive gun grab years ago and quietly ended it several years later with an estimated non-compliance level of approximately 97%.  There are a lot more guns in the U.S. than there are in Canada.

Chipman is still a ridiculous choice for head of ATF.  

I think its pretty clear I will comply with nothing.  

But at least they finally quit lying and are somewhat telling the truth.

Chipman is a Gary Busey doppelganger and makes Gary Busey look as sane as Mother Theresa.  

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I see the gun that stormed Normandy...what a cool piece of history...and a good investment too!

Absolutely,  drove down to the CMP store in Anniston, Alabama in 09' to get it. Paid $450 and bought a couple cases of surplus ammo. Still reloading that brass. 

Best part is it turned into a great vacation with my wife. Spent a few great nights in Nashville on the way home. 

Speaking of investment, yeah it is, and i had the money and should have bought an ingersoll rand or singer M1 carbine when they were available.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Absolutely,  drove down to the CMP store in Anniston, Alabama in 09' to get it. Paid $450 and bought a couple cases of surplus ammo. Still reloading that brass. 

Best part is it turned into a great vacation with my wife. Spent a few great nights in Nashville on the way home. 

Speaking of investment, yeah it is, and i had the money and should have bought an ingersoll rand or singer M1 carbine when they were available.  

I've got an International Harvester Garand made in good old Evansville, IN.  It's pretty valuable mostly because IH wasn't very good at it.  Required a lot of help from Springfield and didn't complete their contract.  Chasing an IBM M1 30 now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I've got an International Harvester Garand made in good old Evansville, IN.  It's pretty valuable mostly because IH wasn't very good at it.  Required a lot of help from Springfield and didn't complete their contract.  Chasing an IBM M1 30 now.

When I was at the CMP store they had Winchester M1 receivers going for a minimum $450. Now THAT is a collecters item. If I knew then I would have passed on ammo and bought a couple. 

Anyone who owns and appreciates a garand is solid.  Could you imagine carrying that thing all day?

And designed by a Canadian. 

Edited by mrflynn03

29 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The thing about M1 Garands is very few of them have original parts. Its been awhile but on one trip to the Sugar Ridge gun range in Pike County, not far from Winslow.

I met a guy who was a Garand aficionado.  He had maybe a dozen. Korean Veteran.  We spent range trips together after that. Pretty cool dude. 

Anyway, he critiqued mine, and i got a good one. The receicer is early 50's Springfield, the operating rod is H&R, the barrel is Springfield, and the wood is WW2 according to the cartouche marks.  So according to this supposed M1 Garand expert, my M1 likely crushed some german skulls. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

When I was at the CMP store they had Winchester M1 receivers going for a minimum $450. Now THAT is a collecters item. If I knew then I would have passed on ammo and bought a couple. 

Anyone who owns and appreciates a garand is solid.  Could you imagine carrying that thing all day?

And designed by a Canadian. 

I'm pretty sure I have the Winchester Garand as well.  Now I'll have to check k Mt records...you got me curious.

If anyone is interested:

A Civil War Spencer rifle, traced to The Wilder Lightning Brigade.  Cool story, with Indiana ties, if anyone looks it up.  As far as I know, it's all original, with nothing changed since it came off the battlefield.

A US Navy sword (my grandfather's).

A 100-year-old Ebony bow (no arrows) from Africa.  Been in our family the whole time.

sprncer rifle gun sword.JPG

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 4

On 7/9/2021 at 1:01 PM, Madison22 said:

If anyone is interested:

A Civil War Spencer rifle, traced to The Wilder Lightning Brigade.  Cool story, with Indiana ties, if anyone looks it up.  As far as I know, it's all original, with nothing changed since it came off the battlefield.

A US Navy sword (my grandfather's).

A 100-year-old Ebony bow (no arrows) from Africa.  Been in our family the whole time.

sprncer rifle gun sword.JPG

Very cool stuff, Madison!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Collecting guns is a little out of my price range but I’ve always been into pocket knives. 
Here’s a few of mine. 

84428873-9F1D-4C0D-8C2A-7B763586A75A.jpeg

I also have had that Case and the Barlow, those are classics! What is the knife on the top right? I am pretty sure I carried that style for years except it didn't have the black/ white stripes. I can't remember who made that but it was probably my favorite to carry. Sleek, small, long straight cutting edge, loved it. 

• Like 2