Gun Nuts/Collectors?

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I also have had that Case and the Barlow, those are classics! What is the knife on the top right? I am pretty sure I carried that style for years except it didn't have the black/ white stripes. I can't remember who made that but it was probably my favorite to carry. Sleek, small, long straight cutting edge, loved it. 

I’m not sure what the style is. I think I’d call it a peanut due to the size. It has a clip point and a pen blade on it. The brand on this one is Imperial. 

2C1D1158-3523-4A57-8EE2-5DCFF22CFAB9.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Me too.  Grandpa gave me that one when I was young.  Not sure if it's a Case or not, but it looks just like that.

The pattern is called a stockman. It has a main clip point blade with a Spey and a sheep’s foot blade. A lot of brands make them. 

Edited by BeerBQ
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Very cool stuff, Madison!

Thanks.  All came from my grandfather, who led an interesting life.  Pic below is an African spear and ax, along with the bow.  About a century old.  Used to have several arrows, but they've since been lost.  I don't know how or when.

I do know these were made to be used in real life, not for show.

Aside:  HSN is such a great site.  I don't know anyone else who is interested in things like this.

African axe, spear.JPG

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I’m not sure what the style is. I think I’d call it a peanut due to the size. It has a clip point and a pen blade on it. The brand on this one is Imperial. 

2C1D1158-3523-4A57-8EE2-5DCFF22CFAB9.jpeg

Hmmmm  Imperial Schrade... Now you have me searching what it was from 30 yrs ago. All I can find so far are 3 blades, but I swear it looked just like this 2 blade, but with solid brown "wood". It was an awesome knife, perfect size, great steel, held an edge.

Probably lost it in a divorce because she knew I loved it more. ...

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

The pattern is called a stockman. It has a main clip point blade with a Spey and a sheep’s foot blade. A lot of brands make them. 

I need to pull it out and look at it.  Would have been given to.me in the 1970's and I could see grandpa going for the "off" brand instead of a case.  I know much more about firearms than I do knives but they are still interesting to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Thanks.  All came from my grandfather, who led an interesting life.  Pic below is an African spear and ax, along with the bow.  About a century old.  Used to have several arrows, but they've since been lost.  I don't know how or when.

Aside:  HSN is such a great site.  I don't know anyone else who is interested in things like this.

African axe, spear.JPG

Man, don't let any more of that stuff get away.  Artifacts like that are literally pieces of history.  So cool...thanks for sharing! 

• Thanks 1

I'm reposting this because I accidentaly deleted trying to obscure serial #'s.  lets be real, .gov knows what I have.  Some of them are gifts, but i did build the AR15's and when I went to buy the Garand in Anniston, Alamabama, I toured the Shiloh Battelfield on the way.

20210708_202503.thumb.jpg.85fc0f478b8de714e671bbaca7d619ac.jpg

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm reposting this because I accidentaly deleted trying to obscure serial #'s.  lets be real, .gov knows what I have.  Some of them are gifts, but i did build the AR15's and when I went to buy the Garand in Anniston, Alamabama, I toured the Shiloh Battelfield on the way.

It would take less firepower than that to occupy Paris. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I just have to laugh at news articles that say, "He was caught with an arsenal of a handgun with a rifle and 2 loaded clips"  

If they think thats an arsenal, pppfffttt!!!  They are in for a rude awaking.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

So a story, the reason I built the AR that lays on the bed. That is replica of a Colt 177 E2 that my granpa carried in Vietnam.  I could have spent 3000+ $$ building it but fortunately some internet strangers replicated parts in their garage and I did it for $900. The most important part of that build was the A1 Vietnam era lower receiver which was a replica but an important part of the puzzle, the original muzzle device is an NFA item, and an original aluminum stock went for $400.  So I improvised and built a solid replica. I estimatex 65% of that build is original A1 parts some dating back to the 60's. Spent 18 months sourcing parts and constructing that rifle. 

Shorter story, my grandpa earned an expert riflemans badge on the M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, and marksmanship badge on the 1911. He was 5'9" im 6'4" so I chose the Garand and 1911. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

African axe, spear.JPG

Thanks for sharing. Very cool stuff.  That Spencer rifle you have is a great peice. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I just have to laugh at news articles that say, "He was caught with an arsenal of a handgun with a rifle and 2 loaded clips"  

If they think that's an arsenal, pppfffttt!!!  They are in for a rude awaking.  

If that's an arsenal, I have months where I accumulate an arsenal or more.  I'm working on finishing my M1 carbine collection...just added Rockola and will soon take delivery on an IBM.  Odd thing is, the last piece other than the unicorn Irwin Pederson (which I'm not even going to attempt) will probably be Inland (the most common one).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If that's an arsenal, I have months where I accumulate an arsenal or more.  I'm working on finishing my M1 carbine collection...just added Rockola and will soon take delivery on an IBM.  Odd thing is, the last piece other than the unicorn Irwin Pederson (which I'm not even going to attempt) will probably be Inland (the most common one).

I dont even buy guns anymore.  Someone does it for more, not that I ask for it. I will say between the 2 of us ammo is no problem.  

But that Remington R1 1911 in that pic. That was a Birthday present.  Before he bought that he gave me a choice and I picked a Rock Island 1911. Then he went and bought that and said here, this is your gift take it. 

You know what im talking about. 

He is doing better btw. Which makes me happy. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

So a story, the reason I built the AR that lays on the bed. That is replica of a Colt 177 E2 that my granpa carried in Vietnam.  I could have spent 3000+ $$ building it but fortunately some internet strangers replicated parts in their garage and I did it for $900. The most important part of that build was the A1 Vietnam era lower receiver which was a replica but an important part of the puzzle, the original muzzle device is an NFA item, and an original aluminum stock went for $400.  So I improvised and built a solid replica. I estimatex 65% of that build is original A1 parts some dating back to the 60's. Spent 18 months sourcing parts and constructing that rifle. 

Shorter story, my grandpa earned an expert riflemans badge on the M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, and marksmanship badge on the 1911. He was 5'9" im 6'4" so I chose the Garand and 1911. 

One thing about that 177 E2 build. I sold my baseball, basketball, and football card collection to pay for part of it. I had alot of great collections and cards.

My most valuable was Carl Yastrzemski card, my last hold out. When my dad left home for tech school my grandpa, being a dumbass, tossed my dads baseball card collection, which he told be had Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente  rookie cards. Probably a million dollar collection. Ouch!

13 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

If they think thats an arsenal, pppfffttt!!!  They are in for a rude awaking.  

"A" handgun and "a" rifle? Hell, that's not much more than everyday-carry. 🤣

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 10:31 PM, Zlinedavid said:

23 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Just adding some historical context.  The reason the XM-177 E1 and E2 rifles were developed was because LRRP, and MACV-SOG units worked in 6-12 man teams. 

At the time the M-16 had a barrel length of 20" inches with a duckbill flash hider. 

When small teams went out early during the war the Vietnamese could tell based the rifle sound if it was a small team or company.

So special forces originally cut the barrel down to 10.5(E1 model) inches with a baffled moderater to make it sound like an M16 to confuse the enemy.  Eventually settled on an 11.5 in barrel and 5.5 in moderator.  

My replica has no baffles because if I bought an original moderator it would cost $2000 plus the NFA tax. So i bought a replica from some guy in Texas, milled out in his garage.

Sent it off to have it permanently welded. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 11:21 PM, FKIM01 said:

Still want to get an Inland M1 Carbine sometime.

Been a few years since Ive been to Knob Creek.  Probably go back this fall. All I want is to shoot an MG42 and Browning .30 cal BAR.

Anyway, if i ever have the money, which is a possibility, im buying a .30 cal BAR.  

Knob Creek gun range in Kentucky.  I know what im using some PTO days for. 

At about the 2:10 minute mark, that buzzsaw sound and solid stream of light at the right side of the video. Thats a German mg42 squad operated weapon, 1200 rpm. Thats what our soldiers faced on DDay and beyond. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

It’s in a different group of knives, but this one holds a tender spot in my heart. The Cutco spreader. I actually  did lose one of these in a divorce. Bought it back in the mid 90’s. I couldn’t afford to buy a set of Cutco, hell I had to make 6 months of payments just on this one knife. 

840D0A0F-E882-48E9-A9B5-4CFB4EC89E3F.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, Knob Creek is a real firepower show.  Some day, I want to see it in person.  Same thing for the big Tulsa OK show.

Ive been there 5 or 6 times?  Ive seen all the shoots. Night shoot is the best, but if you want a smaller crowd, the first day In April for the morning shoot is solid

13 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

It’s in a different group of knives, but this one holds a tender spot in my heart. The Cutco spreader. I actually  did lose one of these in a divorce. Bought it back in the mid 90’s. I couldn’t afford to buy a set of Cutco, hell I had to make 6 months of payments just on this one knife. 

840D0A0F-E882-48E9-A9B5-4CFB4EC89E3F.jpeg

I see that and imagine some pimento cheese on a ritz cracker. Reminds me of my gradmas house