Notification / Sign-In area text.

Hi guys I noticed my old eyes having trouble making out the "Sign In" drop down on the upper-right, as well as notification, and PM area icons due to the white text against light grey background.

Whenever logging in, and also if I don't have any notifications pop up in red once logged in, I can barely see it.It is tough on several of my devices and my vision is not perfect but 20/30 is not exactly awful either.

Would someone approve maybe making the background or icons a bit darker color to give better contrast ? 

This would really help me out and probably others who are perhaps experiencing similar difficulty making out the white text and icons on their devices.  Maybe it is just this monitor or my eyes, but surely I can't be the only one. 

Thank you guys for what you do, Support team!! I appreciate it and you!

PS : I pre-approve any jokes about my vision if you guys think it's just my eyes and do not agree with it needing any contrast adjustment.  Lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 10:01 AM, jblaz13 said:

my vision is not perfect but 20/30 is not exactly awful either.

You're a red-tailed hawk compared to me.  Uncorrected, my vision is something like 30/200.  If I'm looking at the typical letter eye chart with my right eye, the answer I give is just "E", and that's only from memory. 

11 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

You're a red-tailed hawk compared to me.  Uncorrected, my vision is something like 30/200.  If I'm looking at the typical letter eye chart with my right eye, the answer I give is just "E", and that's only from memory. 

I always wanted to be a bird of prey as a kid. Cool! ;)

Mine has not reached the point you described and I hope it doesn't period.Admittedly my last eye exam wasnn't so recent, and Im sure some deterioration has taken place. But I am grateful it isn't worse, and tested perfect in the past.It is the feeling of having to ask for changes or make them in order to read normally that is so noticeable.

Used to be as ssimple as changing my screen brightness but im holding my phone almost to my nose these days.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Better late than never.  Changed it from white to red. 

Yeah.  It's not working.  No tone when I received.  No counter popped up telling me I received one.  And, even after I checked, it stayed red.  In other words, I can't tell when I receive a new one.  

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Can someone send me a PM or like one of my posts?  My notifications are showing red even when I don't have a new one, the counter no longer seems to be working, and I did not hear sound on the last one I received.  

Mobile or desktop?

Wish I hadn't just cleared mine.  Notifications should be in the darker shade of red vs the brighter shade of the icon. 

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Screenshot of my desktop and mobile above.  I have sounds off, but the counter and icon seem to be working properly. 

OK.  With your last quote the counter appeared on the desktop as well.  Don't worry any more about it now.  I'll keep an eye on it and yell if any more issues pop up.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

OK.  With your last quote the counter appeared on the desktop as well.  Don't worry any more about it now.  I'll keep an eye on it and yell if any more issues pop up.

Must have been a glitch in the matrix.  I tested on Chrome and Firefox desktop and Firefox mobile, all seem to be working.  Let me know. 

7 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Thank you so much!! I noticed immediately and looks great! Especially since the alert shade of red is still easily distinguishable from the lighter red header text . 

De nada. I don't get to do much in terms of the "pretty/fun" side of web development anymore, so it was a fun little diversion.

25 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

De nada. I don't get to do much in terms of the "pretty/fun" side of web development anymore, so it was a fun little diversion.

It's good to know you took something positive from having spent time on it,  then. 

TBH when I posted,  I didn't expect it to ever be changed over a lone request,  but no doubt appreciated and so is what you guys do to maintain and even enhance the site behind the scenes.

Archived