Name any athlete, any other sport, than BB ...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, btownqb said:

I'm confused... any player in another sport, that didn't play at iu, play basketball at IU? 

Because I'd rather Bo Jackson just played football and baseball at IU lol

That's right. Any great athlete, that did not play basketball. Any other sport. Any era.

As for Bo. IMHO, he would have been great playing BB for IU.  Just because he chose two other sports, does not mean to me that he would not have been great playing BB as well. A great athlete, regardless of the sport.  I used Bo as an example.  Can anyone think of any other GREAT athlete ? 

36 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

How about a guy like Kirk Gibson?  He was tough as nails and was clutch.

Coming off the bench.  Injured. Hitting a home run in the series. To win the game.  And then hobbling around the bases. Was phenomenal.  That's the kind of stuff I am talking about.

WS1988 Gm1: Scully's call of Gibson memorable at-bat

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And he would not even have had to move his feet.   LOL

Andre The Giant 

I saw Andre in Jan. 1973 at the Indy convention center. He was wrestling Ernie Ladd who was 6'11 inches and played on the defensive line for the Kansas City Chiefs. Ernie looked like a midget up next to Andre. Andrea had a pretty nice physique and afro back in the day.

3 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I saw Andre in Jan. 1973 at the Indy convention center. He was wrestling Ernie Ladd who was 6'11 inches and played on the defensive line for the Kansas City Chiefs. Ernie looked like a midget up next to Andre. Andrea had a pretty nice physique and afro back in the day.

But. The big question is.  How would Andre have looked in Candy Stripes.  LOL

Nice experience you just shared with us.  Thanks.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

But. The big question is.  How would Andre have looked in Candy Stripes.  LOL

Nice experience you just shared with us.  Thanks.

Those would of been some big ole stripes. Andrea could of been the center and power forward all rolled into one

Just now, jefftheref said:

And he was a very nice and humble man. I had the privilege of meeting him several times and you would never know he was a superstar athlete. 

Thanks for sharing. I am so glad you got the opportunity to meet him.  I would have loved to have seen Walter in Candy Stripes. Not only because I know he would have given it his all. But as you say. Would have represented IU in a great way. 

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Anna Kournikova..

Well. That would be interesting. In terms of how they shower in the locker room.

Oh, my bad. In that I did not say men's basketball.  OK. You win.  We'll put her in Candy Stripes for Coach Moren.  Actually not a bad choice.  Thanks for thinking out of the box.

I’m gonna go a little outside the box on this one.

Eric Heiden won 5 gold medals in 5 events in the 1980 Olympics. Won in sprints. Won in long distance. In basketball terms, he would dominate inside and outside. Rebounds and assists. Moreover, the guy had to have crazy workout discipline. If you don’t know anything about Heiden, Google him and look for a picture of his thighs. The guy was a beast.

I’d take Heiden, his toughness and strength, on my team any day 

10 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Deion Sanders

Second vote for "Prime Time".  A great suggestion.  Excelled in football, baseball, and even running track.  No doubt he could ball, IMHO.

Deion Sanders Football - Prime Time

Deion Sanders has big game in 2001 return 

Who Ya Got? Deion Sanders vs. Dan & The Danettes in a 40 Yard Dash (2/2/17)  at age 49. 

Archived