Name any athlete, any other sport, than BB ...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Secretariat

The best of all time in any sport.

I was thinking of Secretariat just today.  Not in Candy Stripes  But watched a show in which they claimed Man of War was the greatest race horse of all time.  Never saw MOW. But did watch Secretariat.  And can't think of how any horse would be greater. 

5 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

I know I'm young but would Antwaan Randle El count?

Great suggestion, Jackie. Hope you are having a great summer.

Interesting enough.  Antwaan has said. If given a choice.  After time.  He would not have chosen football to play.

Former Steelers WR Antwaan Randle El wishes he hadn't chosen to play football

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Julius Peppers

Best known as a football player. However, was a walk on BB player at UNC.  There by disqualifies him. In terms of the parameters set out by the OP.  Oh wait. That OP was me.

Love ya FLA.   Always appreciate your contributions. Especially during this BB off season. Keep 'em coming. 

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Best known as a football player. However, was a walk on BB player at UNC.  There by disqualifies him. In terms of the parameters set out by the OP.  Oh wait. That OP was me.

Love ya FLA.   Always appreciate your contributions. Especially during this BB off season. Keep 'em coming. 

Drat...

Ok, how about Cal Ripken Jr? Hops!

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

How about a back court of Babe Ruth and Satchel Paige? 

Two great pitchers.  One went on to other things. Umm. I think he hit a few home runs, after he stopped pitching.   The other remained a pitcher till he was 59.  I actually saw the game Satchel pitched in at age 59 for his owner, Charlie Finley from North West Indiana.

September 25, 1965: Satchel Paige pitches three scoreless innings at age 59 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Two great pitchers.  One went on to other things. Umm. I think he hit a few home runs, after he stopped pitching.   The other remained a pitcher till he was 59.  I actually saw the game Satchel pitched in at age 59 for his owner, Charlie Finley from North West Indiana.

September 25, 1965: Satchel Paige pitches three scoreless innings at age 59 

Two vastly underrated athletes historically. You can't do what they did without being athletically superior. 

On 7/18/2019 at 7:33 PM, milehiiu said:

I was thinking of Secretariat just today.  Not in Candy Stripes  But watched a show in which they claimed Man of War was the greatest race horse of all time.  Never saw MOW. But did watch Secretariat.  And can't think of how any horse would be greater. 

I literally thought of a horse before anything.Funny I noticed you had beaten me to it and I love your post with Secretariat. Few things in sport beat seeing a Triple Crown to ne. Anyway horse or race car were first my thoughts....of course in humor haha

Archived