Name any athlete, any other sport, than BB ...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Second vote for "Prime Time".  A great suggestion.  Excelled in football, baseball, and even running track.  No doubt he could ball, IMHO.

Deion Sanders Football - Prime Time

Deion Sanders has big game in 2001 return 

Who Ya Got? Deion Sanders vs. Dan & The Danettes in a 40 Yard Dash (2/2/17)  at age 49. 

His defense ALONE, wow

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I saw Andre in Jan. 1973 at the Indy convention center. He was wrestling Ernie Ladd who was 6'11 inches and played on the defensive line for the Kansas City Chiefs. Ernie looked like a midget up next to Andre. Andrea had a pretty nice physique and afro back in the day.

I couldn’t stop telling people random facts about Andre the Giant for 2 weeks after watching his documentary on HBO. 

Seriously a great watch. 

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Meh.  I worry about her conditioning.  Always seems to be hitting the wall.  :coffee:

Agreed. Every time I tuned in to watch her. She crashed. Nascar or Indy.  No difference.  Always pulled for Danica. And she never failed.... to let me down.  If we are going to think out of the box and put a lady in Candy Stripes on a lady driver. For me.  It would be Shirley Muldowney.

Shirley Muldowney Career Highlights - #100WinsbyWomen 

And Scott Rolen because I got to ball with him some and Michael Lewis and have some autographs.

Somehow, I dont remember how, but my dad got connected with one of scott rolans classmates who has cerebral palsy.  I dont want name names but my dad pretty much had season tickets to all of Rolens games with his time with the Phillies to his time with the cardinals and would take dave to as many games as he could. 

I remember taking dave to away games when jasper played New Albany.

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

And Scott Rolen because I got to ball with him some and Michael Lewis and have some autographs.

Somehow, I dont remember how, but my dad got connected with one of scott rolans classmates who has cerebral palsy.  I dont want name names but my dad pretty much had season tickets to all of Rolens games with his time with the Phillies to his time with the cardinals and would take dave to as many games as he could. 

I remember taking dave to away games when jasper played New Albany.

Wow.  Thanks for sharing what must be a good memory for you. Fantastic share.

Once again.  Why I love HSN so much.  People sharing real life incidents with us. Rather than just being a user name.

13 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I saw Andre in Jan. 1973 at the Indy convention center. He was wrestling Ernie Ladd who was 6'11 inches and played on the defensive line for the Kansas City Chiefs. Ernie looked like a midget up next to Andre. Andrea had a pretty nice physique and afro back in the day.

I saw Andre the Giant in a hotel bar in St Louis in the mid 80s. A large glass of beer looked like a Dixie cups in his hand.

And speaking of Ernie Ladd, here's a video of the greatest "heel" in wrestling history (in my opinion) talking about Andre...hilarious

Ernie Ladd Interview

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

How about Chris Carter? Not only an exceptional HOF football player, but was a highly recruited high school baseball players as well, and his brother Butch was a great player at IU. 

Would have love to have seen Carter in Candy Stripes.  Along with Tiz's suggestion of Tony Gonzales. 

Forgot about Butch.  Thanks for the reminder.  That's why I love you hanging out here.

It's my contention that a great athlete can excel in any sport he/she sets their heart to.

Archived