Fred Glass hiring report card

That might be the most I’ve ever agreed with a Crimson Quarry article... Although they've always had a Crean apologist bent over there, so it makes sense that they have a more skeptical point of view.  

But I also don’t see how there’s any argument that Allen is more accomplished or has had any more success than Archie, although that may not be saying much. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

A C is probably pretty accurate.  About a B recruiter and D coach thus.  It's still early though and we can't make a final call yet.  Year 3 will be very telling.

Your current avatar tells the whole story. 

This whole article is stupid.  Do teachers rip the test out of the students' hands and grade it before the students are done?

That's what this feels like.  Just moronic to assess a grade at this point.  Using this criteria, this writer would have given Michigan for hiring Beilien (31-36), Villanova  for Jay Wright (34-29) and Virginia for Tony Bennett (31-31) similar bad grades.  Duke may have flunked for hiring Coach K (first three seasons were a stellar 38-47).

Reminds me of a reporter racing to file a story before the facts are known so they can be first...accuracy be damned.

I hope a couple of you in this thread is not this pessimistic in your every day lives because if you are then you must be a joy to be around.  If you are life is to short and you need to find something that brings you joy and if IU basketball does not do that for you maybe it is time to find another past time.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I hope a couple of you in this thread is not this pessimistic in your every day lives because if you are then you must be a joy to be around.  If you are life is to short and you need to find something that brings you joy and if IU basketball does not do that for you maybe it is time to find another past time.

You should have that as your signature so you don't have to type it up so often. :nansplit:

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

There is a lot of truth to this.  

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

This whole article is stupid.  Do teachers rip the test out of the students' hands and grade it before the students are done?

That's what this feels like.  Just moronic to assess a grade at this point.  Using this criteria, this writer would have given Michigan for hiring Beilien (31-36), Villanova  for Jay Wright (34-29) and Virginia for Tony Bennett (31-31) similar bad grades.  Duke may have flunked for hiring Coach K (first three seasons were a stellar 38-47).

Reminds me of a reporter racing to file a story before the facts are known so they can be first...accuracy be damned.

I see it much more as each year being a test within an entire semester.  He hasn't done great on the first 2 tests, but that doesn't mean he can't do well for the semester.

Archived