Sports Illustrated chimes in with their B1G power rankings

4 hours ago, Officer Obie said:

There is no way to predict where the Hoosiers end up next year. 4th in the league at best, 10th if things run off the rails.

Hunter is the huge x-factor unknown. Personally I'm not very optimistic. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not expecting much from Hunter again.  The 2 doctors I know who are also diehard IU fans say he should be off the blood thinners by now and full go contact wise.  If not it's probably bad news.  I really feel for the kid.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm not expecting much from Hunter again.  The 2 doctors I know who are also diehard IU fans say he should be off the blood thinners by now and full go contact wise.  If not it's probably bad news.  I really feel for the kid.

I hate to hear that. If true I wish Jerome the very best.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I

9 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’m just curious, but (a) how do they know what’s wrong with Hunter since details of his issue, let alone the actual condition, were not released (b) exactly what his treatment plan is and (c) what medication he is on?

8 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

You can tell that they were paying attention.  I wore out the word bizarre last year.

I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about an athlete’s mindset, they began talking about a basketball coach (can’t remember which one) who would yell at his team if they referred to the score or looked at the scoreboard. He’d say something like: you don’t need to know the score, if you are focusing on everything we work on in practice the score will take care of itself. 

I immediately thought about last year’s team. The head scratching losses. The ups and down in games. The surprising wins. The standing around. The sudden glimpses of elite defense. 

You don’t ONLY play elite defense when the score is close or against the elite teams. You don’t stand around when you are losing and a comeback seems hopeless.  Etc  

Beyond the injuries, the team was all over the place. They had talent and skill but were manic with their performances. It’s like they needed a reset button once they got lost in the moment. Throw the score out the window and start implementing the sets - start implementing the game plan and they needed to stop relying on Juwan or Romeo to bail them out. 

Next year’s team has the pieces. They need the focus and confidence. 

13 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He is off the blood thinners.  He’s been playing contact just not full contact yet.  Unless there is a regression, and there could be, he will play this year.

24 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He is off the blood thinners.  He’s been playing contact just not full contact yet.  Unless there is a regression, and there could be, he will play this year.

And that is alot of pressure to put on a kid who hasn't really had any practice or full contact in over a year.  If we honestly think he is just going to step in and be this huge X factor, i think we might a bit disappointed and unfair to hunter.

25 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Appreciate the info.  I think the shooting can still be there but if you don't run and play full go for a year, it's safe to tamper expectations.  

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

That's great to hear.  I'm really pulling for him.  We just seem to never catch a break lately.  I mean for 20 years.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's great to hear.  I'm really pulling for him.  We just seem to never catch a break lately.  I mean for 20 years.

Sometimes you just can't get out of your own way.  Sometimes it takes 20+ years to figure out it.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I wish we didn't take so long

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Sometimes you just can't get out of your own way.  Sometimes it takes 20+ years to figure out it.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I wish we didn't take so long

Once RMK steps thru the doors at the Hall, the jinx, bad voodoo whatever you want to call it, will be over and the program will rise from the depths! Sounds weird but I believe this!

2 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

Once RMK steps thru the doors at the Hall, the jinx, bad voodoo whatever you want to call it, will be over and the program will rise from the depths! Sounds weird but I believe this!

Does if have to be of his own free will? If not I know a guy who knows a guy that can make things like that happen. (In my best New York accent)

1 minute ago, Moyeneeded said:

Write him a letter.  Let him know what you think. His address is in a couple of links of the Knight thread.  I wrote him. Despite what some have told me. I am still expecting an answer. And I do believe he reads his mail. 

17 hours ago, Moyeneeded said:

LMAO, I have a friend who says the same thing..........he calls it 'Bad Ju.

Archived