Stupid Criminals

Leaving a child in a hot car is not a laughing matter.  But, the circumstances of this one certainly place the mother in the 'stupid' category.  I'm guessing she didn't fully understand why she was there to begin with..

https://www.wthr.com/article/mother-charged-after-leaving-child-car-two-hours-while-dcs-appointment

Edited by 5fouls

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Leaving a child in a hot car is not a laughing matter.  But, the circumstances of this one certainly place the mother in the 'stupid' category.  I'm guessing she didn't fully understand why she was there to begin with..

https://www.wthr.com/article/mother-charged-after-leaving-child-car-two-hours-while-dcs-appointment

When I saw that pop up last night I'm like you have to be kidding me. No pun. Has a kid last week yet the 2 year old refuses to get out of car so she said cool. With almost half the country experiencing high heat these next few days I hope we don't hear more stories about kids or pets being left in car or dead in car.....but sadly I know it's coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new topic.  And I don't consider these people stupid criminals. But anyone heard of this case....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox59.com/2019/07/29/jury-chosen-to-hear-federal-trial-against-richard-grundy-iii/amp/

I sat on the jury selection panel today and came close to being selected.  Got dismissed in the 3rd round of selections. I don't mind doing my civic duty but wanted to be a million miles away from this case.  Was kind of neat to be apart of federal jury selection. Got free Panera sandwiches for lunch, so tax dollars well spent.  

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Didn't want to start a new topic.  And I don't consider these people stupid criminals. But anyone heard of this case....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox59.com/2019/07/29/jury-chosen-to-hear-federal-trial-against-richard-grundy-iii/amp/

I sat on the jury selection panel today and came close to being selected.  Got dismissed in the 3rd round of selections. I don't mind doing my civic duty but wanted to be a million miles away from this case.  Was kind of neat to be apart of federal jury selection. Got free Panera sandwiches for lunch, so tax dollars well spent.  

Wow. Indy's very own Nino Brown. I've followed and known this case for years. Grundy has skated and walked so much. Probably best not to be on this jury. Some odd things have happened to every single jury he's been involved with.

When they read the indictment I thought these guys have got to be in business with the cartels which concerned me.

I read a few articles afterwards.  In one it said they moved the trial from Indy to Evansville because they found jurors personal information in his cell in Indy. Am definitely glad not to be a part of that.

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

When they read the indictment I thought these guys have got to be in business with the cartels which concerned me.

I read a few articles afterwards.  In one it said they moved the trial from Indy to Evansville because they found jurors personal information in his cell in Indy. Am definitely glad not to be a part of that.

Ton more to it as well. Plenty of history with this one...he's been posting on social media lately before this trial starts. Somehow the guy keeps walking. Probably wouldn't want to be on that jury. 

Former NBA player Reggie Harding (who stood 7 feet tall), turned to crime after his pro career didn't pan out. Wearing a ski mask, he attempted to rob a gas station (have also heard liquor store, not sure which) that he lived nearby. Upon seeing a 7 foot tall man in a ski mask, brandishing a gun, the clerk said "I know it's you Reggie". Harding's response....

"It ain't me, man! Now shut up and give me the money."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Former NBA player Reggie Harding (who stood 7 feet tall), turned to crime after his pro career didn't pan out. Wearing a ski mask, he attempted to rob a gas station (have also heard liquor store, not sure which) that he lived nearby. Upon seeing a 7 foot tall man in a ski mask, brandishing a gun, the clerk said "I know it's you Reggie". Harding's response....

"It ain't me, man! Now shut up and give me the money."

Ah, good old Reggie Harding. I remember his short stint with the Pacers. Guy was quite a physical specimen.

I recall that he was shot dead somewhere in a street altercation when he was still a relatively young man.

Edited by IUFLA

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The best way to avoid jury duty is to start randomly twitching and periodically yell "fry that bastard"!!!

I live in a small town in southeast Texas, where a sizable portion of thier revenue is money collected for traffic violations. I've been in the jury pool twice. First time, only 3 people, including myself, showed up, so I felt obligated.

Turns out it's better than anything on TV (it's night court). I've had jury cohorts dressed in moo-moos, house coats, and overalls. About all of them are older than me, and half carry oxygen tanks, but still hustle out to butt one off during jury breaks. The lawyers are not creme de la creme, but are entertaining none the less.

I might suffer from a tinge of civic duty, but the entertainment value keeps me coming back.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I live in a small town in southeast Texas, where a sizable portion of thier revenue is money collected for traffic violations. I've been in the jury pool twice. First time, only 3 people, including myself, showed up, so I felt obligated.

Turns out it's better than anything on TV (it's night court). I've had jury cohorts dressed in moo-moos, house coats, and overalls. About all of them are older than me, and half carry oxygen tanks, but still hustle out to butt one off during jury breaks. The lawyers are not creme de la creme, but are entertaining none the less.

I might suffer from a tinge of civic duty, but the entertainment value keeps me coming back.

I have been in the pool twice.  First time the case was settled before actual jury selection began.  

The second time was a minor drug case.  I was something like potential juror #22 at the start of the selection process.  I wanted to experience the trial, so I said all the right things and snuck into the final 12 when others were eliminated.  

I found the experience very interesting and would do it again.

• Like 1

Katina Powell has a lifetime membership in the Stupid Criminal club.  She's been in trouble all summer.   But, as you can see from the video of her court appearance, she still supports her university.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/arrest-warrant-issued-for-katina-powell-after-she-misses-court/article_fca400cc-b78f-11e9-bde7-4761aa71fe7a.html

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Katina Powell has a lifetime membership in the Stupid Criminal club.  She's been in trouble all summer.   But, as you can see from the video of her court appearance, she still supports her university.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/arrest-warrant-issued-for-katina-powell-after-she-misses-court/article_fca400cc-b78f-11e9-bde7-4761aa71fe7a.html

Great find, fouls.  Thanks.

I get more info from the great HSN members, like you. I swear.  Than I get from the main stream media. 

Edited by milehiiu

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Go Cards!!!!!!!  LOL

On 8/7/2019 at 8:37 PM, 5fouls said:

She's a pretty lady.  Too bad she's such a maroon.

Apparently the book sales haven't gone so well.