Favorite Movie/TV Character

I'll probably change my mind after I think about it, but...

Movie: Charles Bronson in "Hard Times"

TV: lllya Kuryakin in the original "The Man From Uncle" Let's just say I have always had a thing about Russia! Why can't we be friends? By "War" 

Second choice: Bruce Lee in the "Green Hornet"

Adding a category, 

Favorite Computer Game Character: Lara Croft from "Tomb Raider"

Jack Ryan, although with an asterisk.  Hunt For Red October is one of my favorite movies.  Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger are both really damn good.  Sum Of All Fears is entertaining enough.  Haven't watched Shadow Recruit or the Amazon series. 

I actually prefer the Ryanverse novels to the movies, just because of the depth Tom Clancy went into.  Some of his later "original" Jack Ryan novels would require a trilogy.....each.  Executive Orders (probably my favorite) has a word count of 462K.  That's equal to all three of Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings volumes combined.  Hell, it's a 52 hour audiobook. 

Still, probably my favorite cross-media character.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Jack Ryan, although with an asterisk.  Hunt For Red October is one of my favorite movies.  Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger are both really damn good.  Sum Of All Fears is entertaining enough.  Haven't watched Shadow Recruit or the Amazon series. 

I actually prefer the Ryanverse novels to the movies, just because of the depth Tom Clancy went into.  Some of his later "original" Jack Ryan novels would require a trilogy.....each.  Executive Orders (probably my favorite) has a word count of 462K.  That's equal to all three of Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings volumes combined.  Hell, it's a 52 hour audiobook. 

Still, probably my favorite cross-media character.

My wife and I just finished the Jack Ryan Prime series.  It was okay, but not as good as the movies you mentioned. Jim from the office was a more believable Jack Ryan than I thought he would be. 

19 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

My wife and I just finished the Jack Ryan Prime series.  It was okay, but not as good as the movies you mentioned. Jim from the office was a more believable Jack Ryan than I thought he would be. 

Shew.. man. I loved that series. 

Archived