Mark Cuban just went off on Draymond Green

Green has been taking offense to playing for someone called an "Owner".  Here is part of Cuban's response:

"To try to turn it into something that it's not is ridiculous. Draymond can trash-talk on the court, but when he comes into our world, it doesn't fly. ... I guess it's because he went to Michigan State and didn't take any business classes, but you own equity. When you own a team, you own equity, shares of stock. That's called ownership. Tell him if he wants to take classes at Indiana's business school, I'll even pay for his classes and we'll help him learn that stuff."

Cuban is spot on in his response to Green. Draymond conflating the idea of ownership in regards to slavery, and ownership of a business is ignorant and silly.

Especially given the political climate around sports right now, the last thing we need is Draymond stirring the pot and making nonsensical points that benefit no one.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Love Cuban. Always spot on. And I don't mind the Sparty dig either. I really hope he considers running. I know politics isn't his game but that man is smart. And smart usually wins out.

Yes, smart men usually create empires.

Green is my least favorite player in the league. If he was drafted by almost any other team than the Warriors, I think he'd be out of the league by now. His flopping and loud mouth wouldn't be tolerated if he wasn't getting the results he does, and he wouldn't come close to getting those results on most teams. I know many Pacers fans are mad that we "missed" on him, but I really don't believe he would have worked out the same way here.

^^ In terms of the game, Green is a good basketball player, but his accomplishments on the court are largely due to who he is playing with. A franchise player? No way, not even close. He's what, the 4th best player on GS? He can't carry a team, he can't be "The Man," he'll never be the focus of a strong team, he's a complimentary, effective player, kind of like a Dennis Rodman. Attitude and nuts factor is like Rodman as well.

He's also a dirty player, routinely kicking people in the nads. He's a punk. In my book, he's not a player the Pacers missed on - I wouldn't want him on my team. I like winning, I like competitive basketball, I don't like dirty punks who flap their mouths because they play alongside not 1 but 2 of the top 5 players in the game.

In terms of his comments. What an idiot.

Guys like Draymond and Colin Kaepernick are poor representatives of any social movement.  They do their movement a disservice by trying to take a "stand" (pun intended) yet being uninformed or off track.  They get attention for what they are trying to say, but as you peel back the layers, you see a couple of guys completely devoid of any depth.  We are not talking Cassius Clay here.

Don't even get me started on Green.  Stick to getting into fights in bars and sending distasteful pictures on the internet.  He sounds absolutely rock solid stupid here.  

Kaepernick, as an example, wore a Castro shirt in Miami of all places.  That is just not a smart move.  Miami needed a QB and the last guy they'd touch is Kaepernick.  The more you hear the kid talk, the less interesting he becomes.  He may have made himself into a martyr, but the shame of it is he hasn't articulated himself well at all.  The movement has been stolen from him, and has gone the other way.  If you had a brighter kid doing this, it may have gone better.  You can present your points in a way that comes across as reasonable.  This, sadly, was like taking candy from a baby from those opposing the whole kneel movement.

To be fair, I did not comment at all about his actual stand, just how he handles himself.  I purposefully did not give any views on the actual stand either way.  Since Green was brought up, I just commented on the individuals, not what their stands are.  

PS I am happy to delete the posts if they are deemed to cross the line.  I kept the line in mind when I wrote my posts and at least tried to make a point without getting into the actual content of the debate if that makes sense.

59 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

To be fair, I did not comment at all about his actual stand, just how he handles himself.  I purposefully did not give any views on the actual stand either way.  Since Green was brought up, I just commented on the individuals, not what their stands are.  

PS I am happy to delete the posts if they are deemed to cross the line.  I kept the line in mind when I wrote my posts and at least tried to make a point without getting into the actual content of the debate if that makes sense.

I don't think you're out of line and I think you speak some truth here.  A spokesperson hurts their movement or cause when they struggle to articulate and stay on point, instead drifting all over the place like Kaep did with the Che Guevarra love. If anything, he should have seen the Cuban revolutionaries much as he saw law enforcement...as strong-armed oppressors of the populace.  You also hurt your case when, like Green, you don't understand simple economic truths that have nothing to do with social justice issues. Money doesn't care what your race or political affiliation is. Green as a millionaire minority ought to understand that well but apparently he doesn't.

Archived