Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

17 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m kind of getting Crean flashbacks with our approach to this 2020 class.

I totally get where you’re coming from, but the priority kids have had offers for nearly 3 months now. Can’t wait on em forever and not actively recruit others. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I totally get where you’re coming from, but the priority kids have had offers for nearly 3 months now. Can’t wait on em forever and not actively recruit others. 

For sure, he has to keep recruiting.  But getting strung along by our top targets while we toss out a bunch of offers to “diamonds in the rough” seems like a movie we’ve seen before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m kind of getting Crean flashbacks with our approach to this 2020 class.

I've brought it up and been criticized but Archie offered the in state kids....gave them ample time to say yes. They haven't. Eventually it's time to go. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

For sure, he has to keep recruiting.  But getting strung along by our top targets while we toss out a bunch of offers to “diamonds in the rough” seems like a movie we’ve seen before.

Our top targets have said they’d ideally like to have a decision made before their season kicks off.  Today is July 20th.  Nobody is stringing anybody along here.

Edited by CrimsonV
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, FW_Hoosier said:

It's July. The AAU season is just ending today. Nobody is being strung along.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 11:47 AM, FW_Hoosier said:

I looked over the UI board this morning and I thought I saw where Underwood has extended 55 offers to 2020 players.  CAM may not be stingy with offers, but he's not passing them out like candy either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, goonaha said:

It's July. The AAU season is just ending today. Nobody is being strung along.

I looked at Rivals and only 22 of the top 100 have committed.  Too early to hit the panic button but I just hope that offering another 6”5-6”6” guard is not due to getting negative feedback from Galloway and Leal.

9 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

I looked at Rivals and only 22 of the top 100 have committed.  Too early to hit the panic button but I just hope that offering another 6”5-6”6” guard is not due to getting negative feedback from Galloway and Leal.

I don't think it's something where anyone is hitting panic button but the more offers that go out for the same type of kid....it does make you think twice. I like it by the way.

We have to get old and stay old (Beilein approach) and this 2020 class has 2-3 guys with 3 years written all over them if not 4 years. Was watching some old games last night on Youtube. The 02 throttling of Bill Self top 10 Illini team was beautiful. You had 3-4 year guys in Fife, Hornsby, Moye, Coverdale, Odle, Newton...peppered with Jeffries. All good size and can shoot. That's what I think this 2020 class has to be. 3 guys who will play minutes right away but also who will be around for a few years. Lay the foundation there and in 2021 you can pepper the OAD guys.

• Like 4

It’s disingenuous to not give Crean credit for finding the likes of Oladipo, Sheehey, and Anunoby.   None of them were ranked highly, but they were athletic and rising talents with upside that Crean understood.  And they developed under his watch.  

Maybe Geronimo can give Archie a feather in his cap in recruiting somebody under the radar who can emerge.  

• Like 4