Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

15 hours ago, 5 championships said:

For some reason I thought he was like 6”6 or 6”7.. cross would be a better fit then 

I’ve read conflicting articles. Seems rivals and 247 have him at 6’5-6’6. I had read 6’4 so maybe he has grown. Still nothing wrong with his game either way but I don’t see him as the same type as Cross. They both are wings but I see Cross more 3-4 and Geronimo more 2-3. Either would be good players for us I think though...just have a preference for Cross given who we already have landed.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I’ve read conflicting articles. Seems rivals and 247 have him at 6’5-6’6. I had read 6’4 so maybe he has grown. Still nothing wrong with his game either way but I don’t see him as the same type as Cross. They both are wings but I see Cross more 3-4 and Geronimo more 2-3. Either would be good players for us I think though...just have a preference for Cross given who we already have landed.

He’s closer to 6’7 than 6’5. He can play some 4 in small ball lineups but he’s not a traditional power forward.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cybergates said:

With the way the scoring works (more points for longer correct picks), I don't see why anyone would pick "?", just make a guess or don't log a pick, but what do I know?

Do you get points for that if nobody is right or if the kid foregoes college?  Just pondering why because your right it seems odd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Just don't buy a IU bumper sticker for your boat!

Not sure if itd work the same or not.....but could you cover it with Purdue bumper stickers????  Maybe get them in trouble and if the question is asked why an IU fan has PU stuff all over their boat......just say its cuz shit floats.

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Not sure if itd work the same or not.....but could you cover it with Purdue bumper stickers????  Maybe get them in trouble and if the question is asked why an IU fan has PU stuff all over their boat......just say its cuz shit floats.

I’ve always wondered if you could sabotage a schools chance with a recruit. Like could somebody donate a bunch of money to U6 then take the Landers out to eat after a game 

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Fast rising 2020 wing Jordan Geronimo begins his official visit today.  Here is everything you need to know, including thoughts from his high school coach.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-official-visit-primer-jordan-geronimo/

Geronimo’s high school coach Max Gordon has seen the intangibles that suggested this prolific jump was possible.

“Jordan is a fantastic young man and has the mental toughness and physical gifts to be special,” Gordon told The Daily Hoosier.

“Jordan is very similar as a player and person. He is coachable, hard-working, and driven to be great. This extends to his academics and the type of person he is off the court.  As a player, the sky is the limit because of his work ethic and IQ combined with his athleticism, length, and shooting touch.”

Sounds like a good fit. Would be consistent with the pattern we've seen with recruiting.

Jordan, how about a commitment this weekend?

• Like 3