Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

A 4 man class is cool.  A 6 man class is not good for class balance.  

With all due respect that doesn’t matter at all anymore. 

Name me one class in the last 15 years that all signed together as seniors in HS and graduated as seniors four years later...

with transfers, leaving for the pros, redshirts, etc it’s literally a non factor.

• Like 6

Great get for CAM. Appears to be a kid who appreciates what it means to be a Hoosier and appears to be a kid who will put his nose to the grindstone, so to speak.

We have brought 3 quality kids into the program. Love the direction we are headed.These are the kinds of kids who will build the program for the long haul. These are the kind of kids who will shut up the critics who have said, among other things, we should have hired Holtmann. These are the kind of kids who understand how important it is to fight to beat the Toiletmakers and restore the Hoosiers as one of the elite in the B1G

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

With all due respect that doesn’t matter at all anymore. 

Name me one class in the last 15 years that all signed together as seniors in HS and graduated as seniors four years later...

with transfers, leaving for the pros, redshirts, etc it’s literally a non factor.

• I have no idea why we would recruit to 'force' a transfer.  That's not a good way to operate in my mind.
  • No one we have recruited in the 2020 class projects as an early NBA entrant (and, yes, I've heard of Oladipo)
  • Redshirting is fine, and I wish it was used more.  But, that strategy has to be weighed against available scholarships.  It appears Archie has decided to fill up in 2020, which could limit 2021.  I'm okay with that within the boundaries of the 13 scholarships.   But, a class of 5 means the oversign, and 6 means goes one step beyond that. 
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

How about 5? 

I personally don't like the use of the oversign.  I hate to see kids transfer, and hope that Archie would not push someone out like that/  With no logical NBA early entrants after the 19'-20' season, signing 5 for that class would cause me to worry about Jerome Hunter's status. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I personally don't like the use of the oversign.  I hate to see kids transfer, and hope that Archie would not push someone out like that/  With no logical NBA early entrants after the 19'-20' season, signing 5 for that class would cause me to worry about Jerome Hunter's status. 

I don’t think he would over sign.  I think of it more of hearing of a transfer in the spring and tacking one more on to fill that void.

1 minute ago, CrimsonV said:

I don’t think he would over sign.  I think of it more of hearing of a transfer in the spring and tacking one more on to fill that void.

I also read it as Archie feels it will be easier to fill up on scholarships in 2020 than 2021.  Is it possible we only sign 2-3 for 2021?

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

BTW.  I love Geronimo.  He seems to get what being a Hoosier means.  Thrilled he's a Hoosier.  I just hope the 2020 class is 4 instead of 5 or 6.  

If you can get 6 quality guys you take them.  I think Archie has learned that a bird in the hand if worth more than 2 in the bush.  Now you don't reach for a project like a Jake Forrester but if you can get 5-6 quality guys like Galloway, Leal and Geronimo you take them.  There's no guarantee we get any of the 2021 guys and I don't think we currently lead for any except Lander.

• Like 2