Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

I hadn't really followed too much about Jordan and his recruitment so I didn't really know anything about him, but the more I read the more I like.

Seems like he'll be a great fit, and I love how he's got the athleticism this team has been missing ever since Troy left.

Of the remaining targets, I'm not sure who I'd pick now.  I really, really like Cross but I think Garcia may be the better option.  Garcia has the potential to be a special player.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I hadn't really followed too much about Jordan and his recruitment so I didn't really know anything about him, but the more I read the more I like.

Seems like he'll be a great fit, and I love how he's got the athleticism this team has been missing ever since Troy left.

Of the remaining targets, I'm not sure who I'd pick now.  I really, really like Cross but I think Garcia may be the better option.  Garcia has the potential to be a special player.

Uhh....Caleb Love still has an official visit coming up...how about Love and Garcia...and Jerome balls out so hard this year he goes pro! I’d be ok with that situation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Uhh....Caleb Love still has an official visit coming up...how about Love and Garcia...and Jerome balls out so hard this year he goes pro! I’d be ok with that situation.

I already thought about him going pro even if it’s a late first early second round because of his condition! Make money while he can. I def wouldn’t blame him and I hope/think he could be that good!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Class size does not matter if you're UK or Duke.  For IU to compete at a national level, class size and roster stability are critical.  Upper-class leadership combined with talented youth will bring success.  

So you think typically speaking the majority of classes are all going to stay for their four year rides? That typically if we sign a 3,4,5 man class most of the time the classes will all stay four years each? 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:
  • I have no idea why we would recruit to 'force' a transfer.  That's not a good way to operate in my mind.
  • No one we have recruited in the 2020 class projects as an early NBA entrant (and, yes, I've heard of Oladipo)
  • Redshirting is fine, and I wish it was used more.  But, that strategy has to be weighed against available scholarships.  It appears Archie has decided to fill up in 2020, which could limit 2021.  I'm okay with that within the boundaries of the 13 scholarships.   But, a class of 5 means the oversign, and 6 means goes one step beyond that. 

You think kids won’t transfer on their own? Not being forced? It happens ALL the time now. Home sick, playing time, girl friend, I didn’t like the food at my school, omg people transfer for all kinds of things. Some graduate early and grad transfer my point is it happens quite often.

if you have say 6-8 4 star recruits on your team sorry at least 1-2 find a way to go pro before senior year. 

I’d say it’s a rare day anymore that if you sign 4-5 guys they all are there in four years. 🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s not a good or bad thing it’s just basketball today.

so I don’t consider that a big issue in any one particular class. 15-20 years ago? Absolutely 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why would you say that you can right off Cross because I would take him as well.

I think the prevailing thought is that we need a big for this class...if Caleb Love doesn't chose IU.

Next year, Brunk will be our only true center. I know some see TJD as a back-to-the-basket big man, but I personally don't. There's not much call in the NBA these days for 6-9 post up centers. And I would hate to see us back having to defend B10 bigs with 6-7 forwards again.

So, in my mind, it's Garcia or Loveday, unless Love surprises us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I don't like comparing players to one of IU's greats and an NBA all star, but this kid screams Victor. Not exactly the same position and size but. . . 

Same attitude. Freak athlete. Elite defender. Intelligent. Somewhat unknown for most of HS career.

GeronimOladipo?

38 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I don't like comparing players to one of IU's greats and an NBA all star, but this kid screams Victor. Not exactly the same position and size but. . . 

Same attitude. Freak athlete. Elite defender. Intelligent. Somewhat unknown for most of HS career.

I think he is hardly touching the surface of what he can be. He will be a fun one to watch. 

Welcome Mr. Geronimo. 

More Troy Williams but wilh defense and a jump shot. A very quick leaper off the floor.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 3

Just saw this after a long weekend.  Great news!  I think he can be a very good two-way player and gives us an athletic dimension. 

Great job by Archie.  Looks like we beat out Virginia, coming off a national championship (correct me if I’m wrong).  I bet Archie really related to this young man and we know Archie identified him relatively early considering he was a late bloomer. 

You can also see how the players complement each other, and you can see the pieces for transforming the culture of the program into what we’d all appreciate.  

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Just saw this after a long weekend.  Great news!  I think he can be a very good two-way player and gives us an athletic dimension. 

Great job by Archie.  Looks like we beat out Virginia, coming off a national championship (correct me if I’m wrong).  I bet Archie really related to this young man and we know Archie identified him relatively early considering he was a late bloomer. 

You can also see how the players complement each other, and you can see the pieces for transforming the culture of the program into what we’d all appreciate.  

I think I read he had made unofficial visit to UVA, but I don't think they'd offered.

• Thanks 1