Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

2 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I don't like comparing players to one of IU's greats and an NBA all star, but this kid screams Victor. Not exactly the same position and size but. . . 

Same attitude. Freak athlete. Elite defender. Intelligent. Somewhat unknown for most of HS career.

I think he is hardly touching the surface of what he can be. He will be a fun one to watch. 

Welcome Mr. Geronimo. 

Well said and I concur with your observation. 

6 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

When is the last time there was no inside info that a player was going to commit? Typically someone always mentions before a player commits a little hint but in this case he surprised everyone!!!!

There wasnt really time for anything to come out was there??  

If and (hopefully when) he proves to be a stud how long will it take for people to be talking about "the large bag of cash CAM gave him while he was on his visit?" 🤔🤔

4 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

If and (hopefully when) he proves to be a stud how long will it take for people to be talking about "the large bag of cash CAM gave him while he was on his visit?" 🤔🤔

I think you just got the Ballin Rollin'. :coffee:

Are post-commit puns acceptable?

4 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I think all recruits should do it this way it just makes it that much more exciting!

Timeline :

IU offers July 20.

Jordan official visit at the end of August.

Jordan commits to IU on Sept. 2.

Certainly a lot different than what we have seen in the past. Recruit X, narrowing list to ten. Recruit X names his final five. Recruit X announces he will take all of his official visits.

Recruit X has good things to say about all the coaches he visited.  Recruit X sets a date for commitment. Recruit X delays the commit date. FINALLY.  Recruit X commits.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Timeline :

IU offers July 20.

Jordan official visit at the end of August.

Jordan commits to IU on Sept. 2.

Certainly a lot different than what we have seen in the past. Recruit X, narrowing list to ten. Recruit X names his final five. Recruit X announces he will take all of his official visits.

Recruit X has good things to say about all the coaches he visited.  Recruit X sets a date for commitment. Recruit X delays the commit date. FINALLY.  Recruit X commits.

So what you’re saying is if Jordan stays all 4 years he will officially be your second favorite Hoosier behind DD

• Haha 2

WELCOME TO IU GERONIMO!!

Absolutely great commitment.

Kid has the heart of a lion and the talent to play at the next level. He could be a truly special player.

This is yet another example of why people need to not worry about rankings so much during a recruitment. There are always guys who are under the radar, this kid's vaulting into the top 80 reflects the scouts just hadn't seen him or enough to rank him. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, HoosierAlice said:

Dakich hinted that there was big IU news coming this weekend.

I'll bet 5 bucks he's going to talk about how he's hearing Hunter is on track and has been playing full contact all summer when coaches aren't around, just like we have heard here from a few of our guys.  

Last year around this time he bragged for weeks about how he had a long phone conversation with Archie.  I doubt he gets that luxury this year.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'll bet 5 bucks he's going to talk about how he's hearing Hunter is on track and has been playing full contact all summer when coaches aren't around, just like we have heard here from a few of our guys.  

Last year around this time he bragged for weeks about how he had a long phone conversation with Archie.  I doubt he gets that luxury this year.  

He caught wind about the possibility of the Geronimo commitment before it was announced. 

• Thanks 1

Siap (probably already posted but if not a nice read) --

From analyst B Snow on Geronimo:

"A true July breakout performer, Geronimo again showed why he is reeling in high-major offers at a high rate. While he can be inconsistent, Geronimo has all the physical tools you could want in a hybrid forward. He stands around 6-foot-6, has excellent length, is a very good athlete, and then also has the ability to make shots from deep. The next step for Geronimo is to be more consistent with his production, and that definitely seems like an attainable goal. With back to back impressive showings, look for Geronimo to make a huge leap in the next batch of rankings."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2852120-4-star-sf-jordan-geronimo-commits-to-indiana-over-uva-georgia-and-more

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I think the prevailing thought is that we need a big for this class...if Caleb Love doesn't chose IU.

Next year, Brunk will be our only true center. I know some see TJD as a back-to-the-basket big man, but I personally don't. There's not much call in the NBA these days for 6-9 post up centers. And I would hate to see us back having to defend B10 bigs with 6-7 forwards again.

So, in my mind, it's Garcia or Loveday, unless Love surprises us.

there's always transfers. about 800 this year, i think. where in florida do you live?