Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

1 hour ago, iualum01 said:

Don't worry, on Dan's show today, his true colors showed again. He suggested, then said he was joking, that Jordan's mom slept with Michael jordan which is how Jordan got his name. I cannot stress enough what a lowlife dan is and I hope he gets boo'd every, single, time he comes into assembly hall. 

Makes me sick. That’s uncalled for. Wish he could be excommunicated from all things IU. Worst thing is now we will have to hear Dakich/MJ stories for 4 more years. You know he will bring it up every game. 

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So does anyone think this puts some pressure on Damezi to really step up his play this year? With us bringing in 3 more wings for next year I hope this inspires him to focus his game and rise to the occasion....else he may be fighting for playing time next year with a bevy of guys.

Sure it does.  I love Damezi and expect a nice jump from him now that he's had a season to adjust, but yeah...he either steps up his game or he doesn't play.

Archie is recruiting in a way that sends a clear message to EVERYONE on the roster:  You will COMPETE for playing time. Period.  Screw around and think your talent will let you coast and the only direction you'll be coasting is to the far end of the bench.

• Like 4

Don't know why many think the staff wanted Cross also.  They have two kids in the class that can shoot the ball and have similar skill sets.  Geronimo is the type of athlete that makes a team win, period.  Quick, has length, can jump out of the gym, and has a competitive high motor.  Geronimo was who they went after hard once he was in the picture.  Took a while to get him in the picture because he has just arrived on the scene!

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Don't know why many think the staff wanted Cross also.  They have two kids in the class that can shoot the ball and have similar skill sets.  Geronimo is the type of athlete that makes a team win, period.  Quick, has length, can jump out of the gym, and has a competitive high motor.  Geronimo was who they went after hard once he was in the picture.  Took a while to get him in the picture because he has just arrived on the scene!

Agree completely. Some may disagree, but I think we know way less about the staff’s recruiting than we think we do. There some definitive posts about who we ‘think’ the staff was prioritizing, but just because someone tweeted it doesn’t make it so. 

IU clearly wanted Geronimo, even at the risk of Matt Cross. We really have no idea where Cross was on the list.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
In an enjoyable 1-on-1 with Jordan Geronimo we found out:
- why IU was his first visit
- what Romeo Langford said to him
- what he knows about Noah Vonleh
- what title he would give himself as a bball player
and much more. (always free)

A) Kid gets it.
B) Thank you Romeo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Agree. I think some of the focus with Cross was that extra inch of height and has ability to mix it up inside. With Jordan's length, build, and desire to play defense, I think he can give us everything,  plus more, than Cross could have. Don't see a need for another player in that position.  Give us a point and/or post and move on to 2021.

I think the staff definitely wanted Cross very badly because he is a basketball player. Just like Leal/Galloway/TJD/Brunk/Franklin, Cross is a guy who is fundamentally sound and knows the game. The staff definitely has a "type" of player they're after. But when you're competing in the BIG, you also need some real athletes. A 6'6" wing with a 7' wingspan who can jump out of the gym and shoots 3's at a near 40% clip is a rare find. They put on the full court press and got their guy.

Cross would have fit exactly what the staff is doing here but I think we'll be even happier with Geronimo.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Great piece . How can you help but not like and root for this young man.  I do see and hear a lot Of Vic in him. Very humble and ready and eager to get better. Got a pretty good feeling that he Leal and Galloway will have plenty of late nights in Cook Hall

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Awesome.  What a likable kid.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Very nice article and read. Hard to not like a kid that gets IU and Indiana from 1000 miles away. Will take these types of kids all day long.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

You don’t hear from many young guys who understand that the best way to get early playing time is by playing defense. 

It’s like a running back who can pass block

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Great read as always...

You know, one guy that gets a lot of love from current, former, and in this case, prospective players is Clif Marshall. The guy is a real asset to the program. Jordan refers to him in TDH's article.

I seriously hope we have him locked up for a while. He gets results.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You don’t hear from many young guys who understand that the best way to get early playing time is by playing defense.

Not making the comparison yet, but there was one kid that came in with that attitude that now plays his home games about an hour north of B-town. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not making the comparison yet, but there was one kid that came in with that attitude that now plays his home games about an hour north of B-town. 

I made the comparison earlier my friend. Kid has that Vic feel about him for sure, defensive-oriented, enthusiastic, explosive and athletic, already honing his 3-game.

• Like 1