Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

6 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

For ever Vic Dipo there is a bust!!!  If IU is handing out scholarships to kids like Geronimo, it’s a reach IMO and not what we need to compete for a NC.  We’re now counting on a player that has weaknesses to hone his game & become ALL PRO like Vic Dipo!  Not saying this kid can’t replicate Vic but ODDS say otherwise!!  Prove me wrong Geronimo that your fate isn’t the same as DA!  This program can’t wait until your JR season until your ready so let’s go!

The kid is ranked around 75th in his class.  In this case, I'm going against my own standards....go troll somewhere else you boob.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 8

i haven't read a lot of the last few posts on this thread, but i was watching a replay yesterday and holy crap that 2012 team was loaded!  such a nice balance of a true PG, shooter, athletic 3, versatile 4 and solid 5 that could run the floor.  it is tough to take when you think about not getting past the Sweet 16.

13 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

For ever Vic Dipo there is a bust!!!  If IU is handing out scholarships to kids like Geronimo, it’s a reach IMO and not what we need to compete for a NC.  We’re now counting on a player that has weaknesses to hone his game & become ALL PRO like Vic Dipo!  Not saying this kid can’t replicate Vic but ODDS say otherwise!!  Prove me wrong Geronimo that your fate isn’t the same as DA!  This program can’t wait until your JR season until your ready so let’s go!

1066091720_YouseriousClark.gif.f2f39007c5a3bc9b517dfba043bf5d07.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

Impressive! He can be the next Oladipo for IU. Archie landed a gem. 

Most shocking thing was he edged Terrence Clarke for POY. Wow!

That’s no small accomplishment. I do think he will come in like Armaan and give us high intentsity minutes.

• Like 1

I'm not a keen eye for basketball talent, and I know that highlight reels are just that, but is there anything specific in the video that Mile posted that people don't like?  I see an athletic wing with excellent handles, looks like a decent outside shot, with an outrageously long wing span for blocking shots.  I don't know that anyone is expecting him to come in and be the next VO (little unfair to project someone to be the NPOY this early), but the kid looks like someone that can come in, learn the system, develop, and contribute at least initially on the defensive end and let his offensive game still continue.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

That’s no small accomplishment. I do think he will come in like Armaan and give us high intentsity minutes.

Good point. I don't know why but for some odd reason, I believe Armaan and Jordan would mesh very well. They're smart but humble, and they will make sure to put in tons of work. And Armaan already showed his value as a true freshman. 

• Like 3

On 4/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, addictedtoIU said:

Good point. I don't know why but for some odd reason, I believe Armaan and Jordan would mesh very well. They're smart but humble, and they will make sure to put in tons of work. And Armaan already showed his value as a true freshman. 

I still go back to the interview where he said I think I can come in and bring defensive energy right away. That is where I can make my mark to play right away. Fact this kid is willing to do the dirty work to get on the court tells me he has the right frame of mind to help our team and be a core contributor for 4 years.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

i Know Geronimo is not a McDonald’s all American like Rickey Calloway, but for some reason that is who comes to my mind when I see his videos.  Athletic freak, similar size.  I am looking forward to this kid, but hopefully sticking around for 3-4 years instead of bolting to Kansas after winning a natty. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bstall76 said:

Based on rankings he is our best.  Leal, Galloway  not ranked.  Lander #12 in  2021

Sorry. Should have said turn sarcasm meter on. All the attention has been given to Leal, Galloway, and obviously Lander.....that Geronimo has really flown under the radar.

8 hours ago, KDB said:

Jordan shot back up the 247sports composite rankings after the latest ESPN rankings. Jumped 53 spots from #131 to #78.

The 2020 class also went up to #23 nationally and 3rd in the B1G.

Where do you see the class ranking went up? Mine still says #31st

• Like 1