Jordan Geronimo (2020) Commits to Indiana

24 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Leal and Galloway now around 120-130 depending on if it's 247 or 247 composite. They were around 100 before, I think.

Interesting that the composite has the top 5 recruits in the state listed as Jaden Ivey (75), D’Andre Davis (95), Nijel Pack (98), Leal (129), and Galloway (130)... I’m assuming Pack recently made a huge jump?

These rankings obviously aren’t the be all end all, and are probably even less accurate than usual given the circumstances.  Just weird to see Mr. Basketball not even ranked as a top 3 recruit in the state.  Wonder how many times that has happened?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Interesting that the composite has the top 5 recruits in the state listed as Jaden Ivey (75), D’Andre Davis (95), Nijel Pack (98), Leal (129), and Galloway (130)... I’m assuming Pack recently made a huge jump?

These rankings obviously aren’t the be all end all, and are probably even less accurate than usual given the circumstances.  Just weird to see Mr. Basketball not even ranked as a top 3 recruit in the state.  Wonder how many times that has happened?

Probably not very often. Maybe the year Kojak Fuller won? I don't remember what the overall talent level of that class was, though.

33 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

ESPN is the service that's been high on Pack. They have him at #86 while Rivals has him at #124 and 247 has him at #171.

I tend to think that 247's own rankings are usually more accurate than the composite. They have Leal at 2 and Galloway at 3. 

Leal was #99 in the composite yesterday but dropped 30 spots because ESPN's updated rankings have Leal a 3-star and ranked 7th in the state.. Lol. 

ESPN rankings are just garbage. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, KDB said:

ESPN is the service that's been high on Pack. They have him at #86 while Rivals has him at #124 and 247 has him at #171.

I tend to think that 247's own rankings are usually more accurate than the composite. They have Leal at 2 and Galloway at 3. 

Leal was #99 in the composite yesterday but dropped 30 spots because ESPN's updated rankings have Leal a 3-star and ranked 7th in the state.. Lol. 

ESPN giveth and ESPN taketh away

Would be nice if they still updated it once Lander for sure reclassifies but know that it's supposed to be their final rankings

49 minutes ago, KDB said:

Leal as the 7th best player in the state? Talk about zero credibility. Good God!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KDB said:

7th in the state. Haha. Okie dokie ESPN. 

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

1st?!   How many did you get in, Rocky?   :)

Don't remember. haha.....it started out with casual Kojak/Bailey talk and of course Anderson guy escalates. But to keep thread on topic. Jordan Geronimo as others have said very well could be the steal of this class. Love everything I'm reading and seeing about this kid.

5 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Leal as the 7th best player in the state? Talk about zero credibility. Good God!

I like the ESPN slight. Leal is just the type of player that will take this to heart and come in with a chip on his shoulder.

Edited by Moyeneeded

On 7/20/2019 at 11:08 AM, rico said:

I wonder if Jordan commits to IU if we will see the "Tomahawk Chop" from the student section?

Absolutely. From Day 1 the student section will sound like an FSU football game.

• Haha 1